Author Thread: Where are the prophets?
ephesians522

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2008 08:15 PM

Most of us know about the Mayan calendar, the fact that it ends 12/21/2012. That is suppose to signify a transition into a new time. Could this be the beginning of the Rapture? This is suppose to last 7 years. Scientist has been tracking a fairly large asteroid which they say may travel between Earth and the Moon in the year 2019. If it comes within Earths orbit and enters our gravitational pull, could this be the "fiery mountain" that Paul wrote about in the book of Revelations?

Copy and paste http://revelation13.net to your address bar. It's an interesting site, it uses a Bible Coding program to make certain interpretations of events from information in the scriptures. Take this site to heart. If anything, it's a good read. They have video clips for those who like narratives. For those who have friends or family skeptical of the scriptures, this site may sparks some interest with them. Funny how the world will choose stories about death and destruction over information on how to receive everlasting life.

Use your own digression, but know that with the way the world is going, the time for change is near.

God bless us all.

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 05:09 PM

Interesting site? A lot of study was done. It looks pretty deep and in depth.

I think perhaps it is over my head.

:prayingf:

Susan

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 12:23 PM

Thanx, ephesians522,

Great Site !

revelation22

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 07:05 AM

Simply look to God's word, not prophets unless you understand everything the gift of prophecy involves. Only God knows the precise time when Jesus will return, no amount of research, no worldwide effort to detemine that day will bring the information about as it is NOT for man to know.

Man trying to know is doing the opposite of what God desired for us.

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 01:17 PM

Thank you BeamOfLight...I agree with you...so much time is wasted trying to figure out when Jesus will return....we should be ready each day .....I remember grandfather's and uncles saying the same things people say today.....The Time Is Near....Yes , It may be...so get busy about the father's business.....Angel:angel::prayingf:

thescribe

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2008 03:46 PM

OK, assume your right, no one can know the time of Christ return, then it sems to me that the 10 virgins must have had a private interpretation or who ever blew that trumpet, said behold the bridegroom cometh, now how did that voice know and how did the virgins understand unless some man told them, oh well there are many more examples but something tells me --where are the prophets, they are broke, no one is willing to pay for their ministries, only those who tell people what they all ready know, (tradition). www.eantichrist.com

Shai

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:47 PM

They said it was the end of time when the Roman Empire was on a downward spiral and eventually fell.... He didn't return then and the level or morality there was worse than here now (yeah... pretty bad).

No one can know the time or place, and no prophet will come forward with such information because the Bible itself says that no one can know! Even Jesus Himself didn't know when he was in His Human form... so, let it go. Live life.

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2008 02:43 PM

hey how areu

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 13 Nov, 2008 10:03 PM

it is an interesting question, and there is much thought and possibility behind all the hypothesis' that can be found on the internet, i myself am aware of many of the things which can be related to revelation but....

the real question is what is the importance behind all this,

Do we need to know when??

Can we change the outcome??

What difference would it make to know??

the point is that whatever happens tomorrow will happen tomorrow, we cannot perceive, or alter. the only thing we can do is accept and live NOW.

"I am the way.... no one comes to the father except through me" (John 14:6)

"You are the body of Christ."

(1 Corinthians 12:27)

"If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.....if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off..."

(Matthew 5:29-30)

so what i'm trying to say is the future will all be according to God's will it will make no difference if we know or not, the only way we can make a difference is to live through Christ as part of his body, each with his own talents, gifts and path to take but all for the good, else we be cut off from Christs body....

best wishes

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 12:17 AM

Amazing, people hear what they want to hear in the scriptures! Well, we were warned that in these last days there would rise up false teachers, telling people what they wanted to hear, tickling their ears. Jesus told us no one knows the DAY or the HOUR. Jesus told us that when we saw certain things happening, the day of the Lord would come before that generation passed away.

Yes, there have been many times throughout history when people thought that events would lead to the end. However, for the first time since Christ, ALL of the signs we are told to watch for, have already happened. Can I tell you exactly when, no. I can tell you that this is the generation that will see it happen.

Where are the Prophets? All around you, anyone who reads the Bible and can tell you what God's word is saying is a Prophet. I know many, turn on the TV when John Hagee is preaching. Listen when someone is telling you something other than how great everything is. Did you ever read in the Bible, where God sent Prophets to tell people about the prosperity message, or how we are empowered to get what we want? NO! They came to tell a rebellious and arrogant people that they were doomed! Next time you are in a pew and are being told how perfect God's people are, look around, is that what you really see? Then, go home and look in the mirror. I bet after that the knees hit the floor.

We serve a loving God, but He is also a Holy God! Does the Bible say, "Be ye not so bad, for I am not so bad"? NO! It says, "Be ye Holy, for I am Holy"! Don't take my word for it, read the Bible. That one simple step would stop a lot of this quoting out of context.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I am just very passionate about the Word. God said, "My people perish from lack of knowledge". Please, don't be one of them!

Much love,

Leon

View Profile
History
Where are the prophets?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 04:06 AM

By the way, Paul didn't write Revelation, John did.

Leon

Page : 1 2