Author Thread: Book of Enoch
Admin

Book of Enoch
Posted : 24 Oct, 2010 09:50 AM

Any opinions on the Book of Enoch. . .inspired scripture or Not?

View Profile
History
Book of Enoch
Posted : 24 Oct, 2010 01:33 PM

Not

View Profile
History
Book of Enoch
Posted : 24 Oct, 2010 02:54 PM

I just find it interesting that in the Epistle of Jude that Enoch is quoted; verses 14-15. And it is said of him, that he prophesied. The book of Jude is pretty cool too! God Bless.

emichalu

View Profile
History
Book of Enoch
Posted : 24 Oct, 2010 03:32 PM

Love the book of Jude

aceets

View Profile
History
Book of Enoch
Posted : 25 Oct, 2010 12:14 PM

If I remember rightly, the church in Ethiopia considers the book of Enoch a part of their Old Testament.

As for my opinion on it, I read Enoch about five years ago. Sadly, apocalyptic literature does not inspire me very much, or I should say it is not my favorite kind of literature.

Blessings

Aceets

enoch1122

View Profile
History
Book of Enoch
Posted : 26 Oct, 2010 09:48 AM

There is some conflict between scholars as to whether we have today the original book of Enoch as referred to by Jude. The the best text available is an Ethiopian version, which is the first Book of Enoch (1 Enoch). There are actually 3 books in all attributed to Enoch. However the Book is included in fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls which indicates it was written probably prior to 6 B.C. Whether it was written by Enoch is in dispute. The book of Enoch is included in a group of Jewish literature called the Pseudepigraphia, which contains works written by others under the pen name of the supposed author (for instance the Assumption of Moses also referred to indirectly by Jude in the dispute over Moses' body referred to therein; Also 4 Books of Ezra, Treatise of Shem, the Books of the 12 Sons of Jacob the Sons of Israel and many, many more.

I could go on and on about apocryphal literature as I have studied it to some degree. I do believe however that the Bible is complete the way it is. I believe God is big enough to have left us with the Book He intended and nothing need to be added or taken away. It is complete in itself and is all I rely on when writing about Christ and the Kingdom of God. In other words the decision on what to include or exclude in the Bible was not man's decision but God's which puts to rest the ongoing conflict as to the validity of man's decisions as to what went into the Book and what was left out.

My user name is Enoch, as you notice. Apparently he was a great man of God as he was one of only 2 men, that we know about, to be taken by God without death, the other of course being Elijah. the Book of Enoch is fascinating as is all apocryphal literature. Whether or not these books contain truth or not is really up to the individual and his relationship with God. But the bottom line is that if you only have the Bible, and nothing else, you have enough and you have what God has chosen for you to have.