Author Thread: predestination
Admin

predestination
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 08:03 AM

Hi folks this in my first post so hello to you all,I was wondering if i could get some ideas from people on the meaning of predestination of a beliver in Christ,id like to know your full belife on this matter as im a bit confused.

I think this will start a good debate.

Thanks for your time and may God continue to bless you.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
predestination
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 11:10 PM

I'm not entirely sure why you posted in the Television forum, but I'll give this a shot anyways.

When Jesus says that nobody can come to Him unless the Father draws him, he uses the same word that is used for a fisherman drawing in his nets or a soldier drawing his sword from its scabbard. Direct action is very much implied. After all, a fisherman does not politely ask his nets if they would like to come back into his boat, nor does a fisherman politely ask his sword to leap from its scabbard. The outcome is dependent on the action of the doer, not the action of the object.

The Lamb's Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world, and the Father is drawing those whose names are written in it to himself. Everyone else will be left in their love of sin. Those who are drawn to the Father are the ones who were Predestined.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
predestination
Posted : 8 Nov, 2010 08:56 PM

Which chapter/verse did you find that tells us the book of life was written before the foundation of the world?

:peace::peace:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
predestination
Posted : 9 Nov, 2010 10:53 PM

Revelation 13:8

"and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain."

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
predestination
Posted : 11 Nov, 2010 09:57 AM

Which translation is that? KJV says that the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
predestination
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 09:37 AM

ESV. NASB says practically the same thing.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
predestination
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 04:01 PM

That's a big difference though...