Author Thread: Would you....?
Admin

Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 03:58 AM

My Church has moved to another town, so I have been looking for a another Church closer to home. There is a Church that ;

* Says it is the official interpreter of the Bible and does not allow anyone to interpret scriptures different than them.

* Says that no one can be saved outside their church.

* Says that unless you believe its current leader has the same authority as the Apostle Peter you will lose your faith and salvation.

* Says it can never be wrong.

Would you attend this Church?

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 05:30 AM

Nope!! It's better to travel than to be at the wrong place!! I would travel as to go to this church!

No one can be saved outside their church, whew!! That is something!! What about the rest of the world, no one can be saved if they don't go there to church!! WOW!!:stop:

How can they never be wrong, no one is perfect and we all make mistakes!! :stop:

I also believe that you can read a scripture and it will say something to you at one time and again can say something different to someone else! This is one form of how God speaks to us intimately, so they can't be the only interpreters!:stop:

Lastly, no one can take your salvation from you or make you lose it!!:stop:

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 05:36 AM

pfft yeah right. stay FAR away. I'd definitely do a door-to-door ministry around their vicinity though.

What do you mean your church moved to another town? So they just vacated the building? Were they renting and needed to go somewhere else?

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 05:56 AM

I certainly would if I was Catholic. :rolleyes:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 06:02 AM

Nope

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 06:41 AM

Not a chance.

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 06:53 AM

It�s Sad that the only way you can make a point is by childishly resorting to distorting the Truth instead of actually using Logic and Truth.

Implying things like:

� Says it is the official interpreter of the Bible and does not allow anyone to interpret scriptures different than them.�

If that were True than we would not have over 70 different Bibles with over half a dozen different interpretations. This is a LIE!

�Says that no one can be saved outside their church.�

Pope John Paul II was very clear when he said that there are many Paths to Heaven and that The Catholic Church does Not hold the Only Way there. What he did say was that those �other� ways had defects in them. Again this is a LIE!

�Says that unless you believe its current leader has the same authority as the Apostle Peter you will lose your faith and salvation.�

Read what I just said above. This also is a Bold Faced LIE!

�Says it can never be wrong.�

Again�LIE�.LIE�Not True. Please show me where The Catholic Church says that? And please, if you have a problem understanding English�ask someone who does�to read for you.

Brothers and Sisters�it is so easy to spit out Lies! They cause so much damage that is so hard to repair. The dark one knows this and also knows how to feed you half-truths. Folks, My Church has been around since Christ started Her over 2000 years ago. She has made mistakes�she is runned by humans (we make mistakes), but The Truths left to Her by Christ Himself are still with Her.

I do not spew lies about anyone�s church. I only ask the same from my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Think about what you swallow as Truth?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 10:22 AM

Unfortunately, Arch....if you look at your church's past beliefs, it is not very far from the truth. They've been making a lot of headway recently, but the history is still there.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 10:38 AM

Dear Archimedes;

Please to some research before assaulting a brother. If I am wrong please show me, it may not be a pleasant experience to be corrected but it is better than being wrong.

*SCRIPTURE INTERPRETATION : Council of Trent determined : In order to restrain irresponsible minds, that no one shall presume in matters of faith or morals pertaining to the edification of Christian doctrine to rely on his own conceptions to turn Scripture to his own meaning, contrary to the meaning that Holy Mother Church as held and holds - for it belongs to her to judge the true sense and interpretation of Holy Scripture

*NO SALVATION OUTSIDE THE CHURCH : The. 4th Lateran Council and Pope Pius IX and Pope Boniface VIII : It is to be held as a matter of faith that no one can be saved outside the Apostolic Roman Church.

*AUTHORITY OF CURRENT LEADER : The 1st Vatican Council declared : " the Roman Pontiff possess the primacy over the whole world, and that the Roman Pontiff Is the successor of Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and is that true Vicar of Christ, The head of the whole Church, And Father and Teacher of all Christians

* BELIEVE YOUR CURRENT LEADER IS NEVER WRONG OR LOSE YOUR SALVATION : Vatican I emphasized that all were to submit to this doctrine "from which no one can deviate without loss of faith and of salvation", It also defined papal infallibility as "the Roman Pontiff"

Steve you called me a liar, care to apologize brother?

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 10:45 AM

@DHTM

I Agree that the Roman Catholic Church is making headway lately. But Archimedes has repeatedly posted that the Catholic Church NEVER changes it Doctrine. I have asked Steve if he accepts the decrees of Vatican II but received no answer.

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 11:10 AM

@Steve

You continually paint yourself in a corner, you know why? Because your Church has painted herself in a corner. That is what your Vatican II Council was all about; trying to get Herself back in line with the truth. Why don't you take her lead and do the same.

You can start by admitting what your Church believes, if you agree; great, if you don't agree either leave or become a liberal catholic. But this incessant propaganda touting the Catholic Church as something She isn't is just hurting not only the Catholic Church but also the real Spiritual Church of Jesus and in the end it hurts You; because it turns your eyes from Jesus to the Catholic Church.....JESUS FIRST!

Page : 1 2