Author Thread: Equally Yoked?
txgrimes

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:20 AM

I'm intrigued by the idea of being "equally yoked" to one's marraige partner.

In my 20's, I fell "in love" and married a non-believer. After 8 years of marraige, he stepped outside of our marraige, having a long-term affair with a woman he worked with. Because our marriage was only based upon the emotional "love" and sexual infatuation of our youth, I believe that we never set God as the foundation of our marraige. Thus, the marriage I once thought was indestructible has now dissolved.

I'm just curious if others are wondering about God's will for our lives, in particular our future marriages? Is it okay for me to be the one seeking friendships here online, instead of trusting in Him to provide his perfect mate for me?

Your thoughts on finding God's perfect mate for you? Thoughts on being equally yoked?

cranston

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 29 Nov, 2008 03:34 PM

well it was during the end a marrage that I found the LORD or I should I say he revealed himself to me, and I handed my life over to him. Now there is one thing the LORD tought me was that anything that is not built in him will and always fall apart hence my ex marrage. If he says do not be unequaly yoke he meant it and for a reason. For example if I am to say that the house hold is fasting and I have a wife who is not saved would she want anything to do with? we need to pray and ask the LORD how he view marrage and we will understand why he said do not be unequally yoke, darkness and light do not mix. For you are the Light of the world: therefore let your light shine with other light, there with you can edify each other, and help each other grow in CHRIST, the rock of our salvation. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU AND MAKE HIS FACE TO SHINE UPON YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2008 02:42 PM

First of all in case your wondering why I would be on this website is because I found out my child's dad was looking for love online but I just have to learn how to let go and let god change me. However about trying to find a partner on here, I think that god would like you to put him first then everything will be added like it says on the bible because god is a jealous god and wants you just as well as me to wait on him and yes it does say that faith without works is dead but also keep in mind that the devil knows your desires and weaknesses and sometimes better than yourself so someone on here could fit a perfect descrption of your ideal criteria but the bible says he who answereth without hearing is a fool so if you don't hear from god then you could be making a decision on a mate that was not intended and get someone that is not what you bargained for because you let your emotions make the decision for you. So hope that gives some clarity and is helpful another thing that the bible says trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge him in everything and he will lead thy path

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2008 06:06 AM

Hmm I dont think we should allow ourseleves to be decieved it has been plainly written in the manufacturers manual... and all we need to do is adhere to it...Its very challenging and demanding to belive God absolutely for the right partner... sometimes when we feel a nudge... we need to completely trust him to lead us on... I am also doing that.. and hopefully pray i will have enough faith to belive and follow in his lead when the lord reveals His Plan. We really do need to pray for ourselves.

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 17 Dec, 2008 07:00 PM

I believe that being equally yoked is so important. Having a relationship with God and getting to know him everyday is part of our lives. God wants us to be happy and wants the best for us. Im not married and dont have kids. I have grown up in a christian home and been involved in church ministries. I have learned that being content is knowing that no matter what happens in life Im still going to stand strong and I have God by my side. I dont believe in missionary dating at all. I feel that God called us to date believers and to marry someone who loves God is such an honor for God. Life can be so hard and so judgmental yet Honoring God is such a blessing for our lives. He must increase I must decrease... Honor God and you will never feel alone or disappointed..:glow: You will jump :bouncy: for joy once you put him first and date someone who loves God to..

jesusspeaks

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 23 Dec, 2008 05:37 PM

I truly agree with you dearone should not be un equally yoked especially by faith and doctrine because there will always be contention or seperation. that is the reason when God made Isaac his promise he did not allow him to marry anyone from any other tribe except the one he chose

angelgirl80

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 17 Jan, 2009 10:45 AM

I believe that it is important for a husband and wife to be equally yoked, that is for both of them to be christians and believers because that way you both have the same beliefs, values, morals and ethics that you consider to be important. Another thing is that you are equally yoked with someone that loves God as much as you do and lives his/her life according to God's plan for their life, the same as you do. God said for a husband and wife to be equally yoked for a reason and that reason is to spend your life with someone that not only shares your beliefs and your love of God, but is willing to accept that no matter what, God comes first before anything and with His wisdom and guidance, He can lead you to someone that also puts God first before anything else, simply because God knows what's best for us and wants to give us the absolute best, that is if we let Him do that. May God Bless everyone and always remember to put God first in everything that you do because I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 10:48 AM

Many Christians used the term or phrase "Equally Yoked" and some really don't understand or know what God is speaking about or the imporatnce be ing 'equally yoked."

As I've posted on another thread, just because a person is a christian and belives in the Lord Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior, and is involved in many church activities, i skind, gentle, loving, etc. This does not mean that that person is the right person for you as a mate, nor does it the that person is equally yoked with you to be your mate.

TO BE EQUALLY YOKED:

(1) not only means to have ALL THINGS in common in your biblical doctrine about the Lord Jesus Christ, but as well as you church doctrine beliefs about the Lord Jesus Christ. The scripture says, light and darkness in God's word have no fellowship together. There is no way a person who believes (light) can be equally yoked with an unbeliever(darkness) who doesn't know Jesus Christ. There is no way a believer who believes in the doctrine of Jesus' virgin birth, beleive in an unbelieve of another denomination who doesn't believe in the virgin birth. ALL THESE MUST BE IN COMMON. We're not speaking about biblical error that is often and sometimes made in doctrine teaching of the word and/or church, but the foundational teachings about Jesus.

(2) Equally Yoked is also to mean to be as one or have ALL things in common regarding male and female roles in a relationship. Is the man going to allow the woman to lead? Or is the woman going to take over the lead and then sit back and complain and murmur about her mate NOT being a man to take the lead???... Whose The Boss?

(3) Equally Yoked in sexual and emotional matters, how to spend money, raise children, enjoying the same in certain activities, etc. Everything that makes you who you are, must come into an agreement with everything that make the other person (your mate) who he/she is in a relationship.

A oneness, all thing in common, not that you have like everything the same, but those things that are important that makes you EQUALLY AS ONE, this is what Equally Yoked means AS ONE! ONE ACCORD, SAMENESS!

Hope this helps someone... May God bless. Ladies please stop marrying men you know are not saved nor are they eqaully yoked with you. If you can't saved a family member or a friend who needs the Lord, nor be stable and consistant in your relationship with the Lord. How in the world do you think you can save a man who doesn't know the Lord by marrying him???...

May God grant His understanding...

ella

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 10:52 AM

Ella,

A wonderful teaching! You go girl, that is an outline that we should all follow. Many blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 10:56 AM

View being Equally Yoked together with a mate as the egg. Very seldom do you find an egg with two yokes... Selah (which means to meditate or think on these things).

MustangSteve

View Profile
History
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2009 05:40 AM

I made that mistake as well, and won't happen again. Thank God I didn't marry them. The most important thing we need to remember is, unsaved people will be used by satan to trip us in our walk, and to keep us from the great goal that God has for us. I have been told many times by unbelivers that they would love to go to church with me, and live the life in Jesus that I am. NONE have backed their promise, nor done anything that they promised when the relation began. They WILL be used to cause us to stumble, and to keep our attention on fighting a battle that has no reward, " to keep our eyes and focus off of the Lord". I have never got to experience that great relation with a Christian lady, "yet". But when the Lord brings her my way, I will finaly know what an awesome relation is all about :glow:

Page : 1 2 3