Author Thread: Whatcha think about God and the big bang all being one in the same?
Admin

Whatcha think about God and the big bang all being one in the same?
Posted : 17 Dec, 2010 06:27 PM

Hi friends,

My 19 year old son is agnostic after being a real God-seeker as a child and young teenager. There were some wounds in his life that played a big part in his condition, now, but I pray and believe he will allow Jesus to heal his unbelief.

Anyway, him and I had this late night talk about astronomy, God, the age of the planet and the big bang. I am not all "this is the way is is" with him because I don't see where God made that a major point for us to know.

He made the statement that it could all have come from God and I agreed. The earth could very well be much older than what we think as the garden of Eden is where it began for our reading.

What do some of you cosmic comrades think? :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2011 02:54 PM

Hmmm, *we* define a day as a period of 24hours - the time it takes the earth to revolve on it's axis. The earth wasn't the first thing God created, so whatever He called a day (in this context) almost certainly has norelationship to 24 hours of planetary rotation! God never claimed to have created everything in 6x24h, we just see the word 'day' and assume that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Apr, 2011 09:38 PM

My favorite website are these:

Answersingenesis.org

ICR.org

Creationwiki.org

All are creation science and deal with science and the Bible and evolution. When I got saved I was attacked by Satan by evolution and stuff like that. I researched it and became knowledgeable in the area, while confirming God's Word.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2011 05:34 PM

Actually brother above my first post, God did mean 24 hours. Look at the Hebrew word and the same word is applied to 24 hours all throughout the OT. Plus it was written so we would understand. It is further supported by "There was morning, then evening, and that was the first day."

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2011 09:12 AM

Quite frankly having studied the Book of Genesis with an Orthodox Rabbi who is also NASA astrophysicist in New York I agree with Jeff1971 and IOnlyDateCheerleaders. The Big Bang NOR evolution disprove G-d, plain and simple. I am a Christian woman with a science degree in a few disciplines including that of micro-biology and a heavy emphasis in astronomy. Science is like getting small glimpses of our Creator G-d who is more infinitely powerful and creative than the Hebrew or even English language paints Him to be. Quite simply the Big Bang in fact proves the existence of G-d for the simple fact that when wound back to the first mili-seconds of what we know now to be "the universe" and what secular or atheist scientists call a "singularity event" Christian physicists and scientists KNOW that "the singularity event" is where G-d spoke the universe into existence. G-d said "BANG" and it was big and here we are through a series of beautiful and elegant events set into motion. An excellent read on the subject would be "Thinking About Creation: Eternal Torah and Modern Physics" by Dr. Andrew Goldfinger. This is a book passed around among G-d fearing NASA employees both Jewish and Christian.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 May, 2011 04:59 PM

I think God was taking his time using a whole six days to sort out creation. He might have kicked off with a bang, probably didn't.

I don't drive my car everyday wondering whether or not the metal was recycled or what order the parts were assembled in or who designed the wiring loom. I'd rather just drive, as far as life goes I'd rather spend more time focusing on what I do know and what matters.

As for the evolution theory, well that's not science as true science allows for errors and constantly re-examines itself, thereby changing it's conclusions and testing them again.

Intel spent billions developing computer chips and predicted in the year 2000 that by now they would run at speeds of 10Ghz. They didn't factor in thermal limitations and bottlenecks on single core chip technologies as speeds increased. Hence more billions spent, multi-core chips and similar clock speeds to a decade ago.

The biggest authority in the world got it wrong!

Just goes to show anyone can say what they like, but it proves nothing until you get there. As we can't travel back in time nothing about creation on a physical level can be SCIENTIFICALLY proved.

Evolution as a creation theory is not science, it is a simplistic conclusion for those that can't admit there is a God or they would then be forced to act upon that belief and change their lives. When something has such a conclusion with no proof and no longer seeks the truth it no longer has any relevance or intelligence.

As for Neanderthal man, well maybe they were diseased people with a genetic disorder that was eventually wiped out.

Looking at some of the freakish people around these days it seems pretty easy to believe.

My theory is the water supply was poisoned from living to close to live volcanos.:laugh: (well its as good and relevant as the evolution theory).

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 07:24 AM

The Big Bang only describes what happened after Creation. As in: God created the heavens (and the Big Bang was the result.) It doesn't describe what happened that caused the Big Bang, or why it happened, or what was around in all this space our verse is now occupying.)

A relatively new theory is emerging called m-theory or membrane theory. That this is merely one 'verse (uni meaning one) of perhaps an infinite number of others. And that the nature of this verse is that of a soap bubble on the surface of a tub of a water with other bubbles adjacent.

It seems all the matter in our's is 'slumping' to one side. A possible explanation of why is that this verse is 'rubbing against' an adjacent verse, and its' gravitational pull is causing all the matter here to move towards it. (from an episode of "Through The Wormhole" on The Science Channel.)

Seems like everytime we get close to figuring things out, the scale changes getting bigger (as with how we got close to figuring out the universe, and now there's an infinite of others.) :)

I think God is having His way with us. His brow furrows seeing us getting close to figuring out Creation to which His response is to simply broaden the scale and complexity of Everything. :)

creationist

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2011 12:51 PM

LOL of course Genesis speaks of literal 24 hour days. Genesis states that on day 3 the plants were made. Day 4, the sun. I don't quite think the plants waited thousands, or even millions of years for the sun to be created. Plants need the sun to begin photosynthesis, ya know. God set the 'machine' up, the earth, and made sure oxygen was available for people and animals by day 6, since plants are our source of oxygen.

Neanderthal man was a normal guy. They've found flutes that 'neanderthals' made not all that long ago.

I never did like the word 'theory' because it simply means 'idea'. Anyone can have an idea about how the universe began. You could say a dancing pickle made the universe.

:dancingp:

But there's no proof, because it's just an idea lol.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2014 10:24 PM

I am reminded of a speaker giving a presentation at an astrophysics seminar. He was explaining what forces suspended the earth in space. A cantankerous old woman in the audience interjected : " The earth rests upon a turtle" she said The astrophysicist replied " and what keeps the turtle suspended?" " Very smart, young man, " the woman replied:" Don't you know, it's turtles all the way down!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2015 08:03 PM

Excellent post! Revelation direct from Creator always trumps quess-work creature theory everytime! Who are you going to believe - the One who was actually there or a bunch of Johnny-come-afters (waaaay after)?

Page : 1 2 3