Author Thread: weight issue
auntiebecca

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 7 Sep, 2008 09:01 PM

Ok, so I am overweight. I am working on it. Considering a gastric bypass. All my life my dad told me if I don't look good I won't get a husband. So I haven't put myself out there. Sure, I have liked my share of men, but I have been overly cautious. I don't put myself out there at church because I don't want them to reject me, so I don't step out. I don't know know to change. It's been this way for so long. I am more comfortable talking when people can't look at me for what I look like. I believe I am fun to be around because I am easy going and love to laugh. Is it possible for guys to see me for me, and not for the fat body?

Rubberband_Man

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 07:53 PM

The Word says; "Charm is deceptive and Beauty fleeting" and goes on the expound about a good and Godly woman.

But we are indeed fleshly creatures especially men- and as a man i will admit that BUT.... being a Christian in the Lord, while the appearance is important, it does not have the same effect as it does with an unregenrate male. I would be remiss if i did not take this chance to also say from a MALE veiwpoint...women may not be as lustfull- and are not as judgemental of the physical as a guy is ---but they do there share of "profiling" a guy- u can bet on that. AND it seems to be mostly from the BETTER LOOKING ladies that that comes from. and if a lady as attractive as the one that commented on this would ever come across my path- or ANY woman for that matter- would see very quickly there is much more to a person than looks.....and would- i might ad- be pleasantly surprised- but i can tell you - this "profiling" things works BOTH WAYs PTL u all from the...... rubberband man

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 2 Aug, 2010 08:47 AM

I read the weight issue conversation. So what do u like? if i may ask.

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 6 Sep, 2010 09:42 AM

Where are these men that love big women, cause I sure haven't found any? I am still searching. :waving:

Soteriangels

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 6 Sep, 2010 09:56 AM

But i am neither overweight nor thin...and still i don't get a date, since i moved to dubai....

They seemed to like the model-looking women here and plastic beauty, and every guy i know seem to be hooking up with someone they need to be proud of physically, or those who have a high class life, better job etc...

maybe it's just me. :dunce:

sistah

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 20 Sep, 2010 10:25 AM

I suffer from the same weighty issue pun intended:rolleyes:

Here is my thoughts.... Prior to women getting equal rights and the vote women were property and had to fullfil a need men had dowry and offspring. Now we are to adorn men, work outside the home and provide a second income and be the cooks and still have energy to have bright conversations to keep the men at home from wandering eyes. At least this is what secular American values are.

I read so many profiles where men are looking for the Proverbs wife, what about the men who are willing to lay down their lives for their wives? Where are the sacraficial men who love their wives as Christ loved the Church?

I think if both men and women get their vision straightened out looks wont matter and people will solve their issues.

I'm glad to say I'm making progress.

TedMH1952

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 27 Oct, 2010 10:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

At the first of this year, I weighted 300 lbs & was 6'4". In my profile, I noted that I was the King of the Couch Potatoes.:ROFL:

I went on a diet/exercise program (on Valentine's day - how appropriate right?:ROFL:) and lost 95 lbs.

I said all of that to say that I know what it's like to be turned down by members of the opposite sex bc of your figure. I have dated women that were over...

Obivously being a man, I'm attracted to the figure but as a Christian, I try to look past the outside & see the real person. It's not easy sometimes. I try to remember that at the first of this year, I was really overweight.

If I was married, I would support my wife whatever she decides to do. Also, I read of one woman that said on this post where's the men that would protect their wives. As a Christian & if I was married, I would protect my wife to the full extent that I'm able to do even giving my life for her. I would see it not only as a the man's duty but even a privilege since this wonderful angel married me.:yay:

Since in marriage, the man represents the Lord Jesus & the woman represents the Church, I wouldn't want anyone to harm my Precious Best Friend & My Angel.

If anyone wants to lose weight, it can be done:

1). Eat three small meals a day (400 - 450 calories each).

2). You have to eat breakfast bc that starts your body's metabolism. (I had a 8oz glas of skim milk & a banana)

3). Cut out bread & sweets. You don't want to get empty calories. You don't have many calories to work with.

4). Since most of us eat prepared foods, I used free calorie counter internet sites like:

EverydayHealth.com/calorie-counter

5). Pray alot! Because I had hunger pains like you wouldn't believe.:eat::ROFL:

6). Sometimes I cheated when I tried to sleep (crackers, granola bars - 90 calories)

Sorry ladies for such a long post but I'm kinda long-winded.:ROFL:

Take Care & May the Lord Jesus Watch Over You, Protect You & Bless You,

Ted:waving:

TedMH1952

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 27 Oct, 2010 10:18 PM

Hello Auntie,

If you don't mind my saying so, you're an attractve Christian lady with a beautiful smile. Any man that looks down on you bc of weight, he's the loser not you. You have a lot to offer a man so don't put yourself down. Also I'm not a doctor but if I was you, I would pray & pray about that gastric bypass that you referred to. Just pray to the Lord & ask HIM to help you. After all, the ONE that spoke the stars into being, created the entire universe in one sentence, HE can certainly help one to lose weight. After all, I lost 95 lbs from 02/14/10 to 07/12/10.

I know that you're in your 30's & I'm almost 60 yrs but I just wanted to pass on my thoughts.

Take Care & God Bless You,

I'll be praying for you,

Ted:waving:

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 02:49 PM

I agree, the ONE who spoke the world into creation can take care of HIS children. He also gives us the ability to think, reason and question. I am a diabetic with some weight issues. If I ate the way you just suggested my blood glucose would drop to low.

It is my recommendation that before anyone starts a new diet they see the doctor and make sure there aren't any underlying health concerns causing the weight in the first place.

I have been praying, got prayed for for healing of the diabetes, and trust God every day with my health. The diet for diabetes is the healthiest one you can find anywhere, and the trick is to eat 6 small meals a day. This way your body never really gets empty, you don't feel hungry, so you don't snack yourself into obesity. There are two snacks a day. Fruit, or raw veggies are best, but there are also some great alternatives for that sweet/salt craving that a lot of dieters suffer. Losing weight doesn't have to be torture.

Just my thoughts on it. I have lost over 50 lbs on the diabetic diet, and as i have lost the weight, my blood sugars are getting better. Obesity does cause diabetes.

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 02:53 PM

Devotedmale, what if the Father chooses a small truck for you packaged inside a 4x4? Because someone thinks they know what they like or don't like doesn't mean that the Father is going to give that to them. He knows what our needs are so much better than we do. The trick is to trust Him to bring that special someone to you. I have always said that I like big guys. If God sends me someone who is smaller in build, I'm not going to walk away because it isn't what " I like ".

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 05:44 PM

To God, you are perfect. He ADORES you. He holds you and loves you and gives you the best He's got every day. He thinks you're a star! Remember this and incorporate it into your thought process. Instead of thinking how heavy you are, think about how God sees you. And who knows better than God? He's got your back and in His time will send you the one that is meant for you. Remember, you are what you think. Don't let Satan pull you down (he's very good at that).

God Bless.

Page : 1 2 3