Author Thread: weight issue
auntiebecca

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 7 Sep, 2008 09:01 PM

Ok, so I am overweight. I am working on it. Considering a gastric bypass. All my life my dad told me if I don't look good I won't get a husband. So I haven't put myself out there. Sure, I have liked my share of men, but I have been overly cautious. I don't put myself out there at church because I don't want them to reject me, so I don't step out. I don't know know to change. It's been this way for so long. I am more comfortable talking when people can't look at me for what I look like. I believe I am fun to be around because I am easy going and love to laugh. Is it possible for guys to see me for me, and not for the fat body?

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 07:15 PM

Hello Auntie Becca. I don't know if you are still on here. I was checking my profile and saw a post at the bottom from you. I am sorry I didnt see it sooner. I too am having a problem with these guys and their questions about my weight. They will come right out and ask me things. Now how sincere can their heart be when they are considering if they would want to be seen with a big woman or not . You are a very pretty lady. I would think you would not have any trouble. But I have never been accused of being pretty. And I am older and these men just are not out there for me. I always heard there are men that prefer a big woman. Well I sure have not found any. I wish you luck and prayers and hope you find someone. God bless. Hannah~:yay:

dtroftheking

View Profile
History
weight issue
Posted : 14 Sep, 2012 08:12 PM

Hi all I have been there and done that..... I have had a lot of experiences I use to have a "Marilyn" type figure and sadly the Christian men were the worse offenders of trying to get me to not honor God, Non Christian men saw me as a good woman and had utmost respect..... Now I am overweight i have been for a long time the reasons don't really matter I have felt used for my body being nice and rejected for not measuring up to societies expectations as well. I have a disabled son and so stress is part of it too I suppose. The bottom line for me is this.... I know about health, nutrition, fitness no excuses there but people who are overweight I would say are hiding their pain. God wants us free of that... I am finally at a place where I want to be healthy for God not man or to fit in... I am at a place where I don't care what people think which frees me to please God only. I am on a journey to glorify God my King by feasting only on foods that he made if it is artificial or altered by man which I think the enemy uses to keep us unhealthy... read the sugar blues read about all the preservatives and chemicals.... 80% of what you by in the store is not really food at all.... or not pure food anyways.... fall in love with Jesus so you can learn to love yourself the way he loves you and accepts you.. Psalms 139 is my favorite if I start to feel bad.... Men & women should see through the eyes of Jesus not the world!!! God calls us higher and has higher purposes than to just be in the world and think like world. Find your purpose and fall in love with Jesus and trust him to give you strength he will and he is so loving and full of amazing grace

Love your sis in the Lord and all you beautiful women we are like snowflakes each unique and beautiful email me anytime you need prayer I will even give my personal email to you if you want support in your journey to honor God with your body

LisaRenee - Daughter of the KING OF KINGS - JESUS

Page : 1 2 3