Author Thread: shallow men
bbwgirl10

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 25 Dec, 2010 06:06 PM

I think SOME of the men and women on this website are very shallow. I do enjoy this site and have met some wonderful people, but then you get the egotistical, sarcastic, stuck up men and women that aren't worth the two cents in my back pocket. I'm sorry but if your a man and your like 300 lbs don't expect to get a supermodel, likewise for women. This is a great site for Christian folk, but can we as adults treat others nicely and not be so artificial. We are supposed to be different from the world, and not dwell in the things of the world. Wake up and smell the roses (not the dead ones). Anyone else think the same way?

rainbowian

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 25 Dec, 2010 09:35 PM

I agree 100%.

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 26 Dec, 2010 03:46 PM

Amen. There's deffinitly a shortage of real talk like this wherever you go it seems. Great post. :applause:

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 26 Dec, 2010 05:02 PM

Nice! I Could'nt have said it better!:applause::applause::glow:

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 12:57 PM

I am 300+ pounds and while I don't think I've 'chased' supermodels I will say that I don't think I should settle for someone that I'm not attracted too..emotionally or physically...I am attracted to smaller built women and by this i'm talking body frame not weight...however I do get tired of people trying to "hook" me up with larger built women SIMPLY because I am a bigger guy...the girl I'm currently interested in is what most would consider a "supermodel" type but anymore I don't even see her physical traits as much as I see her personality...kind, sweet, big hearted, generous, and a GREAT mother...I can understand and appreciate what you're saying but I don't agree that just b/c I'm a big guy I should "settle" for a big women cause I "don't stand a chance" with the "supermodel"...I don't think I'm shallow b/c of the other types of women that I have found attractive...but I just don't like being told I HAVE to be with a particular woman b/c of who I am...to me that is JUST as shallow thinking as the reverse.

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 05:28 PM

Stormcountry, what matters is what is in your heart, and that is sometimes harder for outsiders to see! Although your story sounds a tad shallow, I wouldn't say you are necessarily a shallow person. People have their preferences and things they are more attracted to, but there is a degree of selfishness in holding double-standards. I see a lot of older men on this site who are only interested in women that are significantly younger than them, and one reason I have gotten when I ask older men who try to chat me up is that they don't want to have to be with an "old woman" (i.e. somebody their own age) just because they are the same age. Well, I would ask them, should they expect a young woman to settle for an "old man" who is actually an old man compared to her?!

I definitely agree with the original poster, and as many have pointed out, not everybody on here is a "Christian", or think they are because they go to a church and know buzzwords and couple of Bible verses. Every now and then I see thumbnails of users at the top of the screen that drop my jaw. There is a thread in the Christian Moral Standards board about some shocking pictures of users that spout cliched verses on their profiles.

I'm sorry it bums you out that people try to hook you up with larger women, but I can kind of see the rationale these people are using. Somebody who is really thin, unless they are of that rare physical type that is just skinny, probably works hard to maintain their body and enjoys very active things that a "bigger" person might not enjoy or handle. One of my best friends is quite obese, but she gets her heart set on tall, muscular doctors that like to hike. That is not a productive or realistic mindset!

If anything, we should be thankful that shallow people are easy to spot and are usually pretty upfront, if unintentionally, about their poor priorities.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 28 Dec, 2010 09:22 PM

Well to counter point your thought...I am 300+ pounds but I like the smaller women in general b/c despite my weight I am very active...I LOVE playing sports and I'm usually the one at the ball courst wanting to run full court...so I want someone that is going to want to go shoot hoops or play tennis as a date or hike through the woods...just as you mentioned perhaps the typical thinking is that the larger individuals won't be as active so therefore they are not seen as attractive to the smaller people but I am a very active large guy...and please don't think I"m shallow...like I said I have found larger women attractive but I prefer the smaller body frame...weight really isn't the issue for me as more the size of their body frame...alright...I've said enough..later

Tulip89

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 12:48 AM

It's very easy to start thinking about what we want in an ideal mate and not think about whether that ideal mate, if we met them, would be interested in us. Miracles happen, sure, but if we work more on becoming our best possible selves, we're going to be much more likely to attract who we want to attract.

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 12:01 PM

And to go along with that...

I've found that when you do find your ideal mate that eventually the idealism wears off and it's just her. And then I find that I'm not in love with her, just the idea of her. Everybody while special in their own way is still human and there's always another side of the coin. So what I'm saying is careful w/ ideals.

susana21

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 09:33 AM

I definitely agree on this one.

And i think age also, i mean 10-20 years old is fine, but 30-40, i don't want to date anyone who is older than my dad.

Samantha89

View Profile
History
shallow men
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 07:36 PM

I agree with you 100%

Page : 1 2