Author Thread: RED SOX!!!!
Tisha_Mc

View Profile
History
RED SOX!!!!
Posted : 4 Oct, 2008 03:01 AM

:stop:I can't believe that there is not one thread dedicated to the Red Sox. After all the New Englanders that came to Christ in 2004 and with Red Sox fans being the most avid prayers. This is just a travesty. This is the Christian dating site, right? Where are the believers man!!!:rocknroll:

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
RED SOX!!!!
Posted : 9 Oct, 2008 03:51 AM

Ok, then,, I'll shout out to ya.

Go Tampa Bay Ray's,,,, oops, was that the wrong team.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The some of the greatest hall of fame baseball players in the world has come from Tampa Fl.

Humm, lets see, can you name your very own past boston player from Tampa?. Of course he was elected to the Red Sox Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005. huimmm, got any ideas. With 12 straight All-Star appearances, third in history only to Brooks Robinson and George Brett in number of consecutive appearances as a third baseman. His finest season was 1987 when he set career highs in HR(24), RBI(89), and slugging percentage(.588). Also in that season he batted .363 and held a .461 OBP, both stats leading the league. In 1999, he ranked number 95 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Baseball Players, and was a nominee for the Major League Baseball All-Century Team.

lol.:ROFL:he was very superstitious,,, he always ate chicken before every game. Hits 3,010,,, totally wow. He also batted .349 in his rookie year which would have won the batting title, but was 121 plate appearances short of the required minimum of 502. From 1982 to 1988, hit below .349 only once, From 1983 to 1989, rattled off seven consecutive seasons in which he collected 200 or more hits, an American League record for consecutive 200-hit seasons

ok,,, I know you have by now,,,,smile,,,:rocknroll::rocknroll:

Tampa is rich and deep in baseball players. While your thinking about it here is Just a couple more to let you know,,,, but surely I won't meantion them all. I will leave out more than I will say to you.

Go Tampa,,,,,

TONY LARUSSA,,,,,

AL LOPEZ,,,,,,

TINO MARTINEZ,,,,,

BOOOG POWEL,,,,,

FRED McGRIFF,,,,,

STEVE GARVEY,,,,,

LOU PINELLA,,,,,

ROY CAMPANELLA ,,,,,

DEREK BELL,,,,,

JASON VARITEK,,,,,,

DWIGHT GOODEN,,,,,

GARY SHEFFIELD,,,,, who both were on the same little league team who won the little league world series championship against Japan. hummm, way to go fellas.

OZZIE TIMMONS,,,,,

JEFF CARTER,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,, lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WOW,,,,,,,,, I'm getting old.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON,,,, right about now your shaking your head in disgust, I KNOW,,, ITS HARD TO BELEIVE

AND A TAMPA TEAM AGAIN GOT TO THE WORLD SERIES LITTLE SEMIS FINALS THIS YEAR,,, lol.

Answer to the above,,, WADE BOGGS. NOW HE WAS A GREAT PLAYER... TRUELY GREAT,,, AND ENDED HIS CARRER IN THE RAYS UNIFORM ,,,,FITNGLY WERE HIS CAREER STARTED AS A BOY,,, THATS THE WAY HE WANTED IT.

bye bye for now,,, Bruce,,,,,, :peace: o u t !!

View Profile
History
RED SOX!!!!
Posted : 15 Feb, 2009 05:59 PM

boooo Red Sox. GO JAYS GO!!!!!!