Author Thread: walking away...
Admin

walking away...
Posted : 6 Oct, 2008 05:07 PM

okay i've neevvverrr understood this and just ab every guy i've met is a pro at it...

is there any particular reason why a guy can be sooo persistent about wanting a relationship to work and then when the smallest obstacle arises they just completely drop the ball?? i mean its not like they just gradually stop calling or messaging...its like a cold turkey deal. dont get it. and by "obstacle" i mean like lets say...guy's going to college or his parents dont want him to make a several hour drive to keep the relationship alive... sevverrall times they just completely fall off the face of the earth. i just dont know how someone can "forget" and move on so quickly without enough of a reason. and dont get me wrong here, i'm not sayin i think the guy shoulda stuck it out and tried to make it work...its obvious when a relationship has hit a dead end but that doesnt mean you dont ever TALK to that person again lol... i mean what happened to people being friends???

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 6 Oct, 2008 11:15 PM

well i won't say i am an expert on relationships but guys are hunters. they like the hunt. alot of guys when they get married have a hard time being like they where when they dated because once they have got the girl they feel they accomplished the goal. i read that in a book i think.

i checked your profile and saw you are 18 and that also answers some of the questions you asked. i would assume you are dealing with guys your own age. they are often immature and sometimes they may even think they would want to try and date a college girl. or there parents may still have alot of influence on them. i knew a girl that got married behind her parents back because they told her they would stop paying for her school if she got married while she was still in school. so she hid it from them. she didn't want to be controlled by them, but some people that age still let there parents guide there life even if they move away or go off to college etc.

the reason alot of guys can just stop is that guys aren't nearly as emmotional as women when it comes to certain types of feelings. emotion is good but guys don't always look at things from the same point of view.

also one thing i have noticed is that guys don't like to be around ex girlfriends very often. there of course are exceptions but even if a guy is the one that ended it he doesn't want to be reminded of the failure.

also you have to watch out for the guys that have wrong motives. they won't get attached because they wrong motives and don't really want a serious relationship even if they say they do.

my moto is if i wouldn't marry a person than i wouldn't date that person either. be picky about who you date.

be friends first, one of the other reasons you can't be friends after a break up is because alot of couples weren't friends first. being friends and dating is very different. you should be friends before you start dating and then you have a shot at being friends if you break up.

well thats my 2 cents. maybe some of it made sense. like i said i'm no expert those are things i have observed in the past. maybe some of it will help you.

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 8 Oct, 2008 08:39 AM

well i had to walk away from someone only because their ex called them some time ago, we were just friends, we met in church

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 12 Oct, 2008 01:49 PM

Andrea if someone wants to walk out of your life... let them. It just means they were never meant to be a part of it in the first place.

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 13 Oct, 2008 11:35 PM

Yes, some of us are hunters and love the hunt... but when we finally find what we are truly looking for, we truly treasure her for life.

One thing.. your age.. you will find a good bit of immaturity there with guys on many levels, while at the same time probably do not have an interest in a man older then your dad :laugh: - don't blame you there one bit!

I know I wouldn't walk away from you, but your age restriction is preventing me from emailing you to become your friend. The man God has specifically in mind for you may be one year older then your set requirements to email you, or he may still be "in preparation" by God who is sculpting his heart to make him the best husband and father he can be, or another reason (an unknown variable) = )

Smile sis.. God loves you sooooo much!!! Keep your eyes set on Him... keep looking up at Jesus

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 14 Oct, 2008 10:11 AM

What you are talking about happens to both man and woman and it happens especially when you are dating for what the person looks like(lust). God will always throw you a surprise uppercut when all you care about is lust and "I can't spend the rest of my life with someone that isn't super attractive." Believe it or not the easiest thing to fall in love(not lust) with is someone's personality. I found this out the hard way one time when I talked to a girl in my class who I didn't find to be attractive at all by her looks, but her personality was the complete opposite of mine and this attracted me like a magnet:hearts:. It's too bad that she had a boyfriend.

MexicanItalian

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 03:25 PM

Andrea, thats crazy... that just happend to me!:buddies: i'm pretty sure you know its not just guys who do this? I met this girl, shes had a hard life. she has a little 5 year old daughterr the father of her daughters is in jail for beating her and nearly killing her. truth is shes a sweet girl. she's 4 years older then i am. shes 25 i was 20 when we first met. I can't say i loved her... bc we didn't know each other that long to grow those kind of feelings. But i did care about her and i foolishly though she cared about me to. i was there for her as much as i could be. Everything was fine no hint of a deadend. And one day with out a word or anyway for me to know. She disapeared off the face of the earth. COLD TURKEY!!! i didn't call her or anything bc i thought she must be busy... but time went on like over 2 weeks so i called ... and she didn't pick up... so i called the next day, and again no answer so i left her a message to get back to me that i missed her.And i would say i love you. bc i did i guess i just didnt fall in love with her yet anyways.So called and called and called nothing i wrote her again and again called she would never pick up i wrote she would never get back to me. so i called her job they'ed say she was off to lunch even if it wasn't lunch time, or she was busy. So i was upset and became a bit angry. i guess a bit hurt. desrespected... i mean if she didn't care about me anymore at least let me know before you dissapear for ever. truth is i wish we could still be friends like you said ppl can always be frinds. I knew where to find her at my ants house. but what was the point if she didn't want to be found... loveing someone dont make them love you. or whatever. i just thought i deserved a ... HEY its over bye. i'm sorry i just have no one to talk to about this i just thought id let it all out. i'd ont blame you if you dont make it this far. lol... i tryed to understand her. i guess i understand. i mean she must of thought what am i doint with this boy, he's just a dreamer he's so behind... he has so much to catch up with. he doesnt' have a leg to stand on. i guess i dont blame her. in the now i'm a LOSER... but i have GOD and its about time i let GOD have me again... i'm going to stop wondering. well i already wrote all this i'm sure not going to delet it..lol... i hope we can be friends. i'm funny really. theres more to me then this sad story. GODBLESS and sorry again . thanks for listening. your crazy brother in Christ Emanuel - GOD with US . Msn Messager e.c.manofsteel or yahoo [email protected]

davie1969

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 24 Oct, 2008 10:53 AM

sounds like you have had a very raw deel.

try not to judge all men by this sounds like you are better of without him i understand that wont make you feel any better but dont get hung up over it Gods man for you wont be far away. hope you find him soon.:glow:

God bless

davie.

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 27 Oct, 2008 08:33 PM

Most men lack commitment. Especially at your age, most men want to "play the field" which is not a biblical concept. You may want to check out a book called "I kissed dating goodbye, by Joshua Harris" which is about courtship vs dating.

jcdrummer85

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 12 Nov, 2008 01:17 PM

lol wow i must say, i can soooo relate to u about that!!! dont know either.... they just stop talking to you, and when u see them again.... its soo wierd.... ???

View Profile
History
walking away...
Posted : 16 Nov, 2008 08:17 PM

This is a difficult question to answer, but let me c if I can help u out with this. First of all, guys r retarded. If/when guys do this "walking away and never talking to the girl again" then I would have to say that guy didn't care about the girl as much as he thot he did n the first place. I think the last time I did that to an exg/f tho was back n 9th or 10th grade. It also depends on how mature the guy is probably.

If a guy is really serious about a girl then he'll make it work no matter what. I cared about a girl who wasn't a christian for a long time. We dated for 2 yrs. April 2005 to april 2007, but I could tell she was never going to become a christian so I broke up with her. That was one of the toughest things I ever had to do. But I want a good christian family and we wouldn't have had that. U know what I mean? So now I am trying to find love anywhere. Even on a christian dating website. I just want to fall in love...

Page : 1 2 3