Author Thread: Being yoked to an unbeliever
lucy14

View Profile
History
Being yoked to an unbeliever
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 01:29 PM

Being married to an unbeliever for 13yrs was extremely difficult. We did not have the very core in common and sometimes it was like living with the enemy..!!

Light cannot fellowshio with darkness,,,and the light will show up the darkness....I can see Pauls wisdom in advising it not to happen..It feels like you are pulling in different directions because of the differing concience and basic ritcheousness aspects....

Im sooo grateful that God forgives us for our mistakes....and we can yet live to fight another day...

I hope someone out there may find this helpful....

and I pray that if you are looking to be married,......You will be blessed with a beautiful partner.

Lucy XX

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2011 08:20 AM

Lucy :-)

Thank you so much because your story encourages me to wait for the one God designed for me. God bless you...

Annabella

Prayn4u2

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2011 05:09 PM

AMEN!!! ...ws married to one for 21 yrs, still praying for his salvation but soooooo very thankful to be set free from it and waiting upon the Lord for the husband he has for me.

2 Corinthians 6:14

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 04:53 AM

ooooooooh thanks lucy,this is sooo helpful to me,am really blessed and i take your advice.i shall wait for the one christ has for me.be blessed:dancingp:

Prayn4u2

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2011 07:54 PM

understand completely and that is why i Praise our God of new beginnings!

PNB67

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2014 01:07 AM

Boaz you say you are a Pastor, well then you need to check the meaning of EXEGESIS.

It means interpretation & boy I beleive you have this all wrong.

We should never as Christians marry an unbeliever however if we come to love the Lord during our marriage but our partner does not then we should remain with him/her showing him/her the love of Jesus, believing that through this our Lord will bring them to him.

Page : 1 2