Author Thread: 5 languages of love
outdoorsy1

View Profile
History
5 languages of love
Posted : 20 Feb, 2011 10:34 AM

This is the best relationship book since men are from mars.

Has anyone else read it? they have one about raising teens too, I am just finishing.

It comes in so handy for the single parents raising teens.

Excellent book.

i would love to heard feed back from anyone else who has read it.

View Profile
History
5 languages of love
Posted : 10 Apr, 2011 05:40 PM

My parents have this book and never read it. I haven't read it either. Hmm I should read it. lol.

View Profile
History
5 languages of love
Posted : 4 Nov, 2011 12:01 PM

I'm not in my office right now, if my memory serves me, "The Five Love Languages," written by a guy named Chapman(?) really strikes 100% correlation between a person's love language and their style of communication, both out communication and in communication.

So Many people literally waste their energy 'lovin' on others in their own dialect, really believing that their 'hard work' will be noticed and cherished.

It is like bringing a Ford shop manual to work on a Chevy.

View Profile
History
5 languages of love
Posted : 11 May, 2012 05:21 PM

Yes I've read it, Gary Chapman's, The Five Love Languages book is the best and practical book you can really apply in your relationship once you understand what you Love Languages are(Primary and Secondary) and find out your partners are, otherwise you may feel unloved even though your partner is thinking they are showing love to you it may not be your language that you feel loved.

Gary's second book, I'm reading now, "Love as a Way of Life", is equally as good and you apply both in your loving others as you love yourself command. Only positive can come from these books I highly reccomend them both and for real success both parners must read them to have any benefit. Books like these change peoples hearts and lives.

Michael

KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
5 languages of love
Posted : 19 May, 2012 04:56 PM

Good Book I have read it recently. I also use it with my kids and family,friends it works!! ITs fun to find out what every-ones is their first and second..so on.

A friend and I joke about this book..like when one of us says something not nice in a joking way..we say there ya go using Words of Affirmation again..:D Or bump into someone by accident and we would say Ah Your using my love language again Physical touch..

On the serious side it was a great book. I wish I would have known those things long ago. I think its interesting how you could be speaking the wrong language for years and then start using the right one and Bang everything is all of a sudden great in the relationship.