Author Thread: Ladies I need your help and advice please!
Admin

Ladies I need your help and advice please!
Posted : 8 Mar, 2011 08:10 PM

Hello there ladies, my name is David and I have a problemb, and a question to all who read this. Ladies do you really want to date a virgin guy and or marry one, one day?

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 06:35 AM

I think that one�s virginity is NOT an asset. (Nor one�s unvirgnity for that matter!!!)

Nowadays it is profiled as such, like a virgin is supposed to be a real christian and non-virgins are those who obviously have made mistakes.....

Women are throughout history taught, educated (and punished) to stay pure and virgin. But for the male gender, throughout history these rules did/do not apply.

Still today in the eyes of many men, a real man, cannot be/stay unexperienced in that department. Somehow they feel that this makes them less valuable as a man; a low in their masculinity.

The question is however, are men making other men feel like that or do women actually expect a man to be no more virgin?

I say it is men

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 08:49 AM

I'm going to respectfully disagree with Sos on this issue. While I do agree that most of the pressure come from other men than women, when it comes to sex, I do not agree that women do not care if men are virgins.

Here are some important things to consider, outside of what the Bible says.

1. AIDS and other std's. The minute you have sex, you have placed yourself into a situation which allows you to become susceptible to another person's diseases. And it does not matter how protective anything is, nothing is fail safe.

2. Unwanted pregnancy. Again, nothing is fail safe, not even birth control. If you do not want to have to face the possibility of having a child with a woman you do not love, then you should not even consider it. This is just assuming the woman does not have an abortion.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 09:29 AM

I also respectfully disagree with SOS. I personally would MUCH rather date and marry a guy who is a virgin. Unfortunately, I have also come under attack several times for voicing that desire on this site.

There are several reasons for my wanting to marry a virgin.

One is that it is a sin to have sex before marriage. No, it's not worse than any other sin. But this is one sin that has long lasting and far reaching consequences, both emotionally and (potentially) physically.

Another is the health aspect, which Kat already gave.

Yet another is that the very thought of marrying someone who is more "experienced" than I am is just not at all appealing. He'll be my first, and there are some things that I'd like to learn together as a married couple.

Would I ever marry a non-virgin? Yes. But I would have to pray about it a lot, and feel certain that it is God's will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 10:19 AM

Welcome back young lady, do not allow anyone to rock your morals PC.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 10:30 AM

When Adam and Eve first had it.... they were both virgins, they weren�t experienced�but then again they weren�t married either. God supplied the woman by creating her from his rib� and Adam describes what we now call �marriage� in Genesis 2:24: �Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.� So, in Genesis God consecrated their union� that was marriage. Just between God, the man and the woman.

I think it�s a mistake to be running around being loose and promiscuous. But, just remember that the original marriage had nothing to do with documentation and more to do with who ordained them to be together and their commitment to each other. Being the only two human beings�commitment was easier.

On a different note, when the people brought Jesus a woman who was caught in the act of adultery, what did Jesus say? �He who is without sin cast the first stone.� In other words, he who lies, harbors bitterness in their heart toward another, etc, should not judge the sins of others. Jesus then asked her where those who accused her were. And she said they had left. Then Jesus said, �Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more.� Did he condemn her? No. But he asked her to change and from now on to walk a different road.

When it comes to marrying a man who is not a virgin, how could I condemn him for his past? Jesus didn�t. What about someone�s present? What if they are having sex before marriage now? Should you? The Bible says: �If eating meat causes my brother to stumble I will eat no meat�. If doing what you�re doing causes others to stumble you should not do it. The Bible also says, �Whatever is not of faith is sin.� Whatever you do, if you�re not sure that its right, don�t do it, because its probably wrong in that situation.

Whether woman like men who have �been around the block� or not is really not the issue totally not the issue. The issue is whether you are following the Lord cause he knows what's best.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 10:36 AM

Live has the correct answer: It doesn�t matter what women want, it is what God is commanding you to do. God has commanded us not to have sex outside of marriage, no excuses.

BC, I for one am disappointed to see you back. That means someone hasn�t figured out what they are missing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 11:33 AM

Cobbler, its funny�what you said kind of reminds me of hermeneutics�cause your interpretation of my interpretation of a written text was not exactly a reflection of my �horizon of meaning�. I purposely left my opinion open-ended... its such a deep topic, but, I just wanted to mention that though you agreed with me, you then said something quite different than what I was alluding to.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 11:45 AM

Lilve, I was actually agreeing with your last line:

Whether woman like men who have �been around the block� or not is really not the issue totally not the issue. The issue is whether you are following the Lord cause he knows what's best.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 11:51 AM

I think that most Christian women would prefer it, but I don't believe that it's the most important thing. What's more important is having an active, close relationship with God now. We can't change the past, but we can control the choices we make now. If you can show her the love of Christ and show her that you're a strong man of God who can lead both her and the relationship in a Godly way, I highly doubt that a mature Christian woman is going to reject you purely for a mistake made in the past.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 12:33 PM

Countryboy, there are women who would prefer to marry someone who is a virgin, a lot more than you think.

Are you wondering if it would be better to lose your virginity so that women won�t turn you down?

Page : 1 2 3