Author Thread: How can you keep people from saving your images??
Admin

How can you keep people from saving your images??
Posted : 15 Mar, 2011 03:25 PM

I know there really isn't a better way to do this than not have a picure up. BUT there's got to be a way to slow people down from saving your image? I myself am not comfortable knowing strangers have my pictures.

What is an easy way of doing this? I know nothing about computers so this is really gonna have to be an EASY WAY :laugh:

Anyone who could let me know??

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 02:23 PM

Quite simply, you can't. The person's web browser has to download the picture as a temproary file in order to display it. If you could block it then no-one would ever see it.

Seriously though, *why* wouldn't you want the world to see your beautiful God-designed face? Are you wanted somewhere? If you're taking CDFF seriously then total strangers already have whatever personal information you've wrote in your profile...

susana21

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2011 08:10 PM

I agree with dkj255, and even if there is not option to save, there is still screenshot, so you're really not completely safe.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2011 06:25 PM

The only way would be to add instructions

into the Web Page itself.

A Script (HTML Code) that would not allow anyone to "Right Click". This would eliminate one of the way to Copy your Image but not all of them.

This would have to be done by the Sites Owners.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 12:33 PM

As has been stated, you can not prevent someone from "lifting" your pictures, which is why I do not upload mine. As for why someone would not want other people to have their pictures? I can only relate something that happened to me.

About 12 years ago I was using AOL and was in a Christian chatroom. While in there we were discussing the sin of homosexuality. There happened to be a homosexual in the chat at the time. I had a personal webpage on AOL and because he was angry with the fact that God condemns homosexuals and that I had expressed that fact. He went to my webpage and lifted all my personal pictures. He then uploaded them to a homosexual website and posted my email address in revenge for the truth about his deviant acts.

This is why I do not upload my pictures.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 08:00 PM

That story sounds kind of untrue. Also, that's... rather clever, actually.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2012 04:01 AM

That isnt a story, godsgirl. Its the truth. More than 2 years, lawyer's fees, and the threat of a defamation suit finally got my images removed.

Evil knows no limits when attacking Christians. That incident only proved to me that homosexuals are evil and posessed of unclean spirits. They have been turned over to a reprobate mind as God said He would and are to be shunned.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2012 05:38 AM

...right.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2012 05:38 AM

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica?

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2012 05:48 AM

???

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 08:37 AM

There's no way I guess. I have had the misfortune of people using my images. One such example went to extreme where I rejected a boy and he used my pics to defame me. 2nd is I had a shocking experience when I came to know someone was using my pic from cdff in another dating site. I thought once of removing my pics, but then again felt it unecessary to heed two of thousands people who happened to like my pics:) So, cheers! If somebody likes ur pic take it as a compliment!

Page : 1 2