Author Thread
Alliebug

View Profile
dead-end conversation
Posted : 1 Jul, 2016 09:51 PM

I agree with the previous posters, add to your profile and consider some pics that show more of your personality.

I can only speak from personal experience, but I tend to just browse profiles. I like to read about the different people on here and see what their interests are. When I see a person that only writes a few bullet points, it makes me wonder how interested they are. If they can't take a few minutes to put together a paragraph that will tell potential interests about themselves, then how interested are they, really? After all, our profile introduces us and it's our chance to make a first impression.

What are you saying when you send a message. I know that for myself, I am reading that first message and trying to determine if they are legit or a scammer. I am looking for a conversational message that has sentences and paragraphs, even if it is short. I tend to think that short, bits of information might not be from a genuine person. I am also looking at grammar to see if they are trying to sound American.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Alliebug

View Profile
Seeking 35-50+ woman/mom to ask some questions...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2016 09:40 PM

First off, there is nothing wrong with you. You are a normal young man.

I don't know that you need a counselor, but you do need the counsel of a man that can mentor and disciple you. If you have a men's group at your church, I would encourage you to get involved. Find someone that your are comfortable with or talk with the pastor about finding someone that could become a mentor that could help you to grow in your faith and better understand the Bible and what it teaches us about how to live our lives.

I can understand that you would want to talk to someone that could be a mother figure, but a man can better understand where you are coming from because he will probably have been through the same things.

Good luck to you. When all else fails, pray and study your Bible. There are places online where you can find scripture that is best suited for whatever you may be going through. The Bible has the answers, no matter the question.