Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
she don't like me!
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 09:43 PM

Ouch! Like, did you break up with her or something? Or she found someone new? Like, what's the message here?

It's been a long time since I've heard that weird Al song.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
sigh....:(
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 07:23 PM

...and on that note, we are surrounding you Jared!

I hear ya - and I'll pray for ya.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What does he really want???
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 12:03 PM

This sounds a lot like reading profiles: If Christ is not in what he says, then chances are Christ is not in what he lives, or does.

Now of course, I'm a very spiritual person, and I talk about a LOT of stuff that has nothing technically to do with Christ. Plus, a lot of guys maybe don't know how to handle themselves, and make awkward mistakes.

However - I'm with the rest of the gang; something doesn't stack up right here. Steer clear of him.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
BAD HABITS
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 09:52 PM

Haha! Too funny Zoe!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Distance
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 09:51 PM

Distance isn't an issue for me, because I wind up driving ridiculous distances anyway - and, if I'm interested, I'll drive it!

It does cause some concerns thought - and there is limits because I'm not a rich guy. There are other concerns that have been brought up elsewhere; like, you don't know what's going on on the other end - they may meet someone "local" and before you know it, you're out of the picture.

There are also things that you really can only learn about each other in person. Plus, things like when you do get engaged, there's things like marriage counseling - you'll wind up moving one of you to the other real quick for things like that.

Anyway - no, it's not a deal breaker for me, but the hesitancy is directly proportional to the distance. That's engineering terms for "The farther they are away, the less interested I am."

Ian

ian777

View Profile
BAD HABITS
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:55 PM

Haha! You must be bored!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
i would like to say hello
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:51 PM

Haha! Was nobody posting a "hello" for you? I'll say "Hi", and welcome to the forums Steve.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hello, I'm new to Chat Forum
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:50 PM

Another Texan! Welcome to the forums Nora - and yes, anybody can come on here, christian or otherwise, so do watch your step. But the fellowship here on the forums is exceptional.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hey...I am still kind of new
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:49 PM

Texans are always welcome here! Welcome back Dana.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
To question or not to question...
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 11:04 AM

Ya Marie - there's a fine line between interrogation, curiousity, and making conversation. I'm *horrible* at making small talk in a private setting, but at least in email, I can think of stuff and try to carry the conversation.

With one lady in particular, whom I've corresponded with extensively, it'll go from almost no response to a longggg list of comments and questions - which always cheers me up. Sometimes people just have a bad day and they're either tired or brain dead that day, but I would say they are interested and trying to keep the conversation going. It would liken it to sitting down for coffee with a total stranger: what on earth do you talk about? Some are better at it than others.

In fact, any suggestions from people on how to make "small talk" and get to know someone - I'm all ears!

...in fact, maybe I'll start another post on that in the "Ask a girl" section?

Ian

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10