Author Thread
Melissam871

View Profile
Men, brothers, why do you need a wife. Why do you want to marry?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2019 12:39 PM

He ate because he was just as bad as eve. He was not God, so of course he was not going to be able to resist as he wasn't looking to or focused on God when he was in that situation. He was focused on Eve and what she was doing. He clearly did not seem to want to miss out on the pleasure of eating the apple. People blame women and say its even that caused sin, but the truth you men are just as infallible as we are and I'm sorry but Adam is as much to blame as eve was. He could have said no as he had his own mind, but he made his choice in the same way she did.

Melissam871

View Profile
Men, brothers, why do you need a wife. Why do you want to marry?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 05:49 AM

So what about people who are called to be celibate by God? Does God not allow them to be self contained to allow them to cope with the temptations that married couples may not struggle with?

Melissam871

View Profile
Can differences in christians allow for a successful marriage?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2019 11:26 PM

Sorry, forgot to add that we are also very different in our worship styles and I am not comfy with his and he wouldn't go near mine. Should I see this as a red flag?

Melissam871

View Profile
Can differences in christians allow for a successful marriage?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2019 11:23 PM

I have been friends with a guy for a couple of years now and he has always expressed a desire to marry me. I also like him, but I worry it would not work as we are very different in our spiritual maturity. He is very close to God and comes across as what I would call a strong Christian. I am on g e opposite end of the scale in. That I am struggling to identify if I am even am a christian having doubted for a while that I could be not saved. Even after I expressed this he keeps saying it doesn't matter and that he believes I have good potential and that its OK because the desire is there. I don't believe it is a good idea as I worry incase I led him astray. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I am praying about it, so just waiting to try and hope God gives me the wisdom to discern what to do.

Melissam871

View Profile
Tips for guys
Posted : 28 Nov, 2018 02:19 AM

Aham3, while that can be true about a lot of women, there also plenty of men in the world who jump from lady to lady and break hearts because they don't know what they want and don't like to commit. Women are actually generally tend to be keener to settle than Men are.

Melissam871

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy? Part two!
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 10:57 AM

Sorry to cut in, but you have just come out with a key point to your question. Everyone is attracted to different things in people a d so beauty is subjective. Someone will be attracted to you, as we all have different things we are attracted to. Personally the tone of a guys voice and his eyes are key for me. But everyone else is different. In my experience guys have always been worse for putting looks first. So please don't see this as just an issue with girls.

Melissam871

View Profile
Posted : 23 Oct, 2018 01:38 PM

I get where your coming from. However, we have to remember we are human at the end of the day. Therefore expecting people to marry someone they aren't happy with is unreasonable and actually dangerous for the concept of marriage as a whole. It would demean it as it suggests that you can just marry anyone and be done with it. By asking someone to marry someone they aren't completely in love with, which physical attraction can play a minor part in, is cruel to both parties. Some people genuinely do wasn't to find the balance between it all and that will entail being a little fussy about who we Choose to marry. As an example, If you expect someone to marry you solely because you are a nice guy, are you going to be happy at the end do you think? It's not reasonable to ask people to just marry someone who is nice. There has to be a chemistry present that comes from certain types of attraction e.g. Emotional, physical, even spiritual. All I am trying to say is that your suggestion that we all settle for whoever comes along wothout considering does it work is not always the best way to sustain happy relationships.

Melissam871

View Profile
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 12:48 PM

You have to understand that it's a difficult question for even girls to answer as no one answer will be representative of us all. Some women may reject the genuine guys because they might perceive them as boring. This is of course an unfair view to take, but unfortunately can be the case. Even amongst Christian women, its human nature as sin takes over. Other women will have other reasons for it. Personally I don't trust men who come off as too nice or who seem like they are trying too hard, but that just me.

Melissam871

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 11:08 PM

You also have to understand that sometimes it can be hard to tell if a guy is genuinely nice or if he is just pretending. With a lot of bad guys, most of the time, what you see is what you get. However everyone can be nice, and can quickly change when they get what they want. It can then be difficult to trust people once you see this.

Melissam871

View Profile
My Pics ?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2018 01:16 AM

Who do think you are to say something like that? My messages have been ignored by plenty of men, so you can't judge us women without viewing the faults of men too.

Page : 1 2 3 4