Author Thread
aceets

View Profile
Favorite Missions Quotes
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 01:24 PM

"The Word became flesh and dwelled among us." by a certain John the beloved disciple :)

aceets

View Profile
Childfree Christians
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 01:16 PM

I do not think not wanting to have kids has anything to do with the sinfulness of birth control pills or the multiplication rate of Muslims (or anyone else for that sake). It essentially comes to weather God blessed us with the possibility of sexual intimacy just for the sake of having kids or is there more to it within the borders of marriage. I honestly believe that God created sex for enjoyment within marriage, not just for the sake of procreation. The Song of Songs is probably the best example of this view in the Bible.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
RIDDLE : What am I?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 12:51 PM

Well, I seem to have gotten this one horribly wrong on both counts.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
What do you think . . . .
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 12:47 PM

I think you should explain what you mean by political correctness. Listing a few examples will help too.

In my opinion political correctness may be good and bad. there are instances in which political correctness reminds us that there are not only men in this world. on the other hand, there are instances when a politically correct term is just a way of blinding us to obvious things.

So my answer is yes and no. Now is this politically correct :)

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Saving yourself for marriage.
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 12:33 PM

I'm with bcpianogal on this one.

I expect nothing less then what I myself am willing to offer when it comes to sexual purity.

As for God having forgiven those who have had sex before marriage, you may rest assured that this is absolutely the case. However, while they may be forgiven, sins have consequences, hence baggage.

And one more thing, the fact that God forgives sins does not mean that we should compromise on our morals or on the standards which are set by him if we by grace (yes by grace!) have been able to live according to them.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Whose more shallow??
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 12:19 PM

I'd say neither is shallow. On the contrary both are intentional in their search and both are (somewhat) balanced.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX
Posted : 18 Oct, 2010 12:04 PM

First off, it's great to hear that a pastor has dared to preach about sex from the Song of Songs.

I'd say that being comfortable in a sexual relationship applies to both sides, not just the woman.

As far as discussing sex early in a relationship... I am not quite sure about it. It should certainly be discussed if and when the relationship becomes more serious.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Halloween
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 03:50 PM

Here are two ideas on this issue.

(1) Holloween is properly celebrated with a feast of special magnificence. Read Harry Potter!

(2) October 31st is Reformation Day. On it we remember Martin Luther's nailing of his 95 theses against indulgences to a church door in Germany. So, you may decide to do something in memory of that.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
RIDDLE : What am I?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 03:16 PM

Two guesses...

(1) Christians whose faith fluctuates

or

(2) God's spokespersons (call us prophets of you like)

Blessings

Aceeys

aceets

View Profile
Wrong thinking=
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 03:13 PM

Ok people, here is an interesting thing...

apostle = one who is sent (by God)

missionary = one who is sent (by God)

no apostles in the 21st century = no missionaries in the 21st century

And yea verily, this is spoken by one whose family name happens to be Apostolovski :)

Blessings

Aceets

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9