Author Thread
dance2cedm

View Profile
Hey - Barbara from OKC!
Posted : 1 Jun, 2020 07:46 PM

When I first saw "from OKC," I thought you meant OKCupid! (Well, OKCupid is owned by Match, and you were on Match...) I've been on OKCupid since 2012. What I like about OKCupid is that they have many questions people answer, which can tell you more than a profile typically does. One question is, "Do you have to sleep with someone before you will marry them?" I've learned that the majority of people who say they are Christian and it's important, and talk about how much they love God and all their church involvement, answer that question yes. CDFF doesn't ask such questions, so you're on your own to find out. Based on my experience at OKCupid, I would say you should assume they expect sex before marriage unless you find out otherwise.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Christian Men on CDFF
Posted : 28 Dec, 2019 12:16 AM

One thing I look at on CDFF is church attendance -- I want to see "every week." Statistically, the divorce rate is lowest among people who attend church every week, no matter which denomination. And since this is a Christian site, most people claim to be Christian, so the factor that can be a clue to their seriousness is this detail of church attendance. Granted, the frequency of church attendance doesn't necessarily correlate with the depth on one's relationship with God, but with so little information available on most people's profiles, I need to look for the most informative clues.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Favorites?
Posted : 28 Dec, 2019 12:00 AM

Some people set an age range and it's a hard age range for them -- they absolutely wouldn't consider someone one year beyond it. Others set an age range as an approximation, not thinking about the fact that on CDFF it's a hard range when it comes to contacting someone -- if their top age range is 45 and you're 46, you can't write to them. Or, they set their age range when they first joined but have never thought to update it, and it's no longer their same range. It is for the latter two groups that the Favorites can be helpful.

I have put people in my Favorites that I can't contact because they have some setting that prevents me from contacting them...and they later contact me! Once they contact me, I can respond to them and we can interact. Without my posting them in my Favorites, I may not have had that opportunity.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Longest Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2019 10:44 PM

I disagree. My biggest frustration on this site is that the profiles are way, way too short. When women hardly say anything at all about themselves, it gives me no idea whether or not I think we would be a good match and someone I would want to take the time to pursue. The less a woman writes, the less likely I am to contact her.

I know a woman on this site with a longer profile than the one you posted, so your example is not the longest. But in my book, longer is better. -- at least if it's well written, and the one in your example is.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Is distance a big deal for love or not? Does it matter if you are living in different country?
Posted : 26 Sep, 2017 12:22 AM

I look at it like this: The farther away someone is, the more fantastic the person must be, because of the increased difficulty in actually getting to know each other. You can't fully know someone until you are with them in person, and the farther away they are, the more that costs, even to see one time, let alone enough times to be certain about a person. So for someone far away, particularly in another country, I must be really convinced the person is someone amazingly special.

Unfortunately on this site, most women hardly say anything at all about themselves in their profile, so they don't provide anything to attract me to them. A couple short sentences is not enough to even get a taste of your personality, let alone to learn enough about you to spark my interest.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Wanting children in your 40s?
Posted : 23 Apr, 2017 12:22 AM

I'm 56 and have never had children but would like to. Most of my friends are having their first babies, so I'm surrounded by that now (most of my friends are in their 20s or 30s). While it may be rare to find a man who wants children to be looking to marry someone in her 40s, certainly they exist. Of course, when you're looking for something rare like that, the available pool of people to date is much smaller, and then you have all the other compatibility factors to consider, so it can make it difficult to find someone.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Fake profiles
Posted : 23 Apr, 2017 12:14 AM

Every dating site has fake profiles, even paid ones. It's a fact of online dating life. You just develop your skill at identifying them.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Why do I not get a response from a guy when I send them a message?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 10:21 PM

I am not inclined to respond to messages that just say "Hi" or "You're handsome." Those don't come off to me as being serious. They're no different than a wink to me.

If you write, I want to know why you are writing to me. What about my profile interested you? With just "hi" as a message, I don't even know if you read my profile. And if you did, I need to know what about my profile interested you, particularly if your profile doesn't say much, or I can't find anything in your profile that gives me a clue as to why you are interested in me. Before I start conversing with someone, I want to have a sense that we have something in common.

dance2cedm

View Profile
Initiate?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 10:06 PM

I've seen statistics that show only 1 in 4 messages that a guy sends gets an answer. Those are not statistics from this site, but another one, yet the many posts I've read from men on online forums indicate great frustration on the part of men of trying again and again to initiate a conversation with someone, but not getting a response.

So, I think most men would welcome getting a message from a woman. At least they know this is someone who is interested. He may find that he is not interested in her (and may or may not respond saying so), but I am certain that most men appreciate receiving a message.

Winks...To me, a wink shows tentative interest, whereas a message shows definite interest. I am less likely to send a message to someone who merely winked at me than someone who sent me a message.

dance2cedm

View Profile
No Matches for me ?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 09:58 PM

CDFF seems to be strict about age ranges. For example, if someone puts an age range of 45 - 60, CDFF won't allow a person younger than 45 or older than 60 to contact them. I think that's rather harsh, but I suppose some people like it.

You are 63, so CDFF will only show you people who put the age of 63 in their acceptable range. CDFF also seems to limit the distance. This means there would have to be men within the distance (is it 100 miles?) who have put their acceptable age range as including 63. It is certainly likely that there are no people who fit that age and distance criteria on this site, which has rather limited membership compared to the big names.

I have learned to instead go to "New Users" and "Online Now" where you can at least browse people from other areas and age ranges. However, apparently you can't contact someone if you are outside their acceptable age range. But at least this way you can find people from other areas.

Page : 1 2 3