Author Thread
HiswillHistime

View Profile
One of my favorite dates..funny
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 08:48 PM

When I was in my teens, I had a first date with this high school guy. We went bowling, and then he took me to his house. He wanted to lie down on the lawn together and watch the stars. Hmm. Yeah right. It turns out he really DID JUST want to watch the stars! He showed me constellations and I learned about the Pleiades. He later showed me star charts. He wanted to be an astronomer. A few dates later I was shivering in the desert looking through the lens of a telescope. It turns out that many years later he co-discovered a comet!

There are still some good guys out there, ladies.

HiswillHistime

View Profile
LOVE SCAMMER
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 08:17 PM

My first internet scam was recent and he "found me on Facebook". He took about two weeks of sweet talking and flattery (almost sure sign of a scam BTW) for him to ask me for an itunes card "for his daughter". By the end of the month, he was asking me to create an online bank account so he could "send money to his daughter". When I didn't do it, he questioned that I didn't "stand by him". UGH.

It worries me that I see his face on a profile on this site, but under a different state. I would hate for someone else to have her heart broken by this very convincing man. Since he hasn't contacted me on this site, I don't think I can report him. I hope that someone sees through him and gets him blocked.

I did get one very good lesson out of it (besides what NOT to do, lol) and that was that I was OK with opening my heart to love, even if it did get broken. I will just have my eyes more open and for sure stay on this site for communications!

HiswillHistime

View Profile
Science Fiction
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 07:37 PM

Me! Have you read the Elizabeth Moon books? I believe they are Christian Fantasy.

I read epic fantasy books and series for fun really. I don't adopt the beliefs as my own but enjoy them as an "imaginative escape" to relax.

I don't do the "dark" novels but enjoy a well-developed plot and characters, and descriptive passages.

What have you enjoyed reading lately?

Robert Jordan and the Sanderson books are good. Right now I'm reading the Discworld Series and enjoying the clever puns thrown in. You have to pay attention or they can slip by you.

HiswillHistime

View Profile
Phoenix, AZ?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 05:57 PM

Hi, Well, some of us are here, LOL!

I guess because we are kind of buried in the pages.

How is everyone doing? Ready to escape the "It's a dry heat" days and finally get to the nice weather? I sure am!

HiswillHistime

View Profile
Hi Everyone!
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 04:47 PM

Hi, wonderful folks,

I'm new here and looking for friends and fellowship. I just had my first online "romance" who turned out to be a scammer, so am hoping that sticking to messaging here will be a measure safer. One good thing among the many things I learned from that is that it's OK to open my heart. It feels good to care again. So even that turned out to be a learning experience.

Looking forward to chatting with you here and getting to know you all better.

Thank you for having me on board!

Kindly,

Susan

HiswillHistime

View Profile
Why men won't marry you
Posted : 19 Oct, 2016 06:41 AM

Well said. I am hoping the Admin posted that article to get a discussion going and not because Admin agrees with the article. There is so much to be gained in marrying for both partners, including a mate who is growing in Christ right along with you. Roles may have shifted some since the 50s, but the truth and right of a good marriage is still to be valued.