Author Thread
2mountain

View Profile
Who should send the first message and/or wink?
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 01:06 AM

The thing that always comes to my mind is, what would you do in person or in real life? A wink always seemed to me to be a rather passive, take the hint or leave it kind of thing.

I sometimes send one because I can't think of anything to say. But coming from a gal I would assume that she wants to chat, and if I find her interesting I'll assume she's invited a conversation.

In real life it seems to me that the female of the species usually initiates the possibility of a conversation. If she doesn't show any interest, I won't usually say anything or even try to talk to her in normal life. It is a bit different here though, because I know that she's single (or etc.) and what she's looking for. Possibly.

Now what I'm supposed to do when a gal here seems interesting, has looked at my profile a dozen times over the last 6 months, and never sent me a message - and also has blocked messages from guys who smoke - hmm that one is puzzling.

2mountain

View Profile
So, I met a Bot the other day
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 12:32 AM

She seemed nice, but perhaps a little confused

Started saying generic things, and questions convoluted

I talked about going

For a bike ride at midnight

Through the countryside filled with fields

In the moonlight

Unfazed she continued to seem nice

But forgot to notice anything odd about this fanciful ride

To which I had departed after midnight

Reminded me that after all this time

The chat bots from AOL

Were the first AI

Attempted oh so long ago

2mountain

View Profile
Following the truth?
Posted : 6 May, 2023 10:08 PM

I came to this forum expecting to find people discussing things that actually matter to us humans in this God given world. Instead I found myself not being able to take two steps without stubbing my toe on people shouting loudly about their own brand of creationism doctrine. Arguing loudly with a man who can't even defend himself anymore because he's (Darwin) been dead for over a century!

What on God's earth does that matter right now? Behold, Rachel weeping for her children, who were never born alive. Consider the companies profiteering from the extinction of mankind, from experimental 'treatments' to abortion, to spraying the skies to darken the sunlight and save us from a one degree temperature rise. Who profiteer from human slavery in Africa, in China, making solar panels and lithium batteries and cotton T shirts on which to print snappy slogans.

Nope, not a word here about the issues that we're really facing, backed up by 'scientists' whose only income stems from propping up bad ideas for certain corrupt 'philosophers' to make more money from. Just some people shouting about Darwin, because they can't shout at him anymore.

Speaking of something worth talking about, Dr John Campbell was censored last week by you tube for interviewing Andrew Bridgen MP. I think that needs to be talked about. Especially since some certain 'captured' forums don't think we should have the ability TO talk about it.

2mountain

View Profile
Pictures care not the most important in finding a Date/ spouse
Posted : 6 May, 2023 09:21 PM

Riddle me this, who do you meet in your ordinary life that you DON'T see the face of? The only people who you never see, but actually talk to are the following, (feel free to comment and add any others you can think of).

Telemarketers. CSRs for online orders and mail order, insurance, banking, warranties, bills etc..

Can you tell me the last time you actually enjoyed such a conversation?

Radio personalities are another one, podcasts, etc. but for the most part you're never going to get to talk with them so they don't count.

Oh and then of course there's my videos on YouTube, because I never turn the camera around to face me lol

2mountain

View Profile
What's my motivation?
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 06:57 PM

That's something that good actors ask all the time. It's a very important thing to ask, if you want to play a character well. But what about motives for being here on this site? What's your impression about the people here?

My primary one is I want to find people I connect with. Friends, etc. is fine but primarily I hope to find someone to have a family with. After all, what's the point of marriage, other than for children of our own? It's a pretty important partnership, and personally I would have difficulty thinking of a non-selfish motive for marriage otherwise.

Sadly, most of the motives I've noticed have been selfish. Sure, there's those who have been married before and are just seeking the comforts they knew, or getting married again just because that's what you do, or the only life they've known as adults.

There's also those who want a companion to exercise their lust with, like Paul spoke of in the NT, 'if you don't have the gift for celibacy' (badly paraphrased, apologies). There's those who just don't want to be alone as well.

Then there's those seeking money, or a green card. Sadly, it's become my impression that the majority of everyone here has some, if not the majority, of their motivation founded in selfishness, rather than the altruism of living for others and for God.

Of course, some of my motivation is probably selfish. I honestly don't see any reason for me to get married though, unless children and a family could be in that future, as opposed to the unmarried future. What would I miss, never tying the knot, aside from children of my own? I can't think of anything I would have to miss out on, practically speaking, and any legal, emotional, or spiritual ties to someone else could take so much away.

2mountain

View Profile
People say I don't seem interested, why
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 06:22 PM

I can't say I agree completely with either of the respondents. After reading your profile, I have a few thoughts but I shouldn't share them out here. As for the different responses to your messages to different guys, well that should be obvious because everyone will take your messages differently. Not to mention that you wrote them different messages.

It does remind me of responses I got to Speech Exercises I submitted when I was leaning German or Latvian. The ones I did in Latvian almost always either got positive reviews or constructive criticism. The German ones, on the other hand, tended to get short entirely positive feedback or short entirely negative feedback, on the exact same recording of me speaking German. This was, I think, entirely due to my north Germany coastal accent, because everyone from southern Deutschland told me that it was terrible.

Keep in mind too that everyone who reviewed the submissions could read everyone else's comments as well. And yes, I did consider the possibility that the nice comments were just made to make me feel better, but that didn't add up because those were often the first responses.

2mountain

View Profile
What should I do in this situation
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 05:42 PM

I wish I could 'up-vote' some of the responses. But I can't, so I'll just have to explain my thoughts.

There's something about meeting in person that can't be denied. In that moment of first sight, you generally know the person in a myriad of ways that you never can through words on a screen. Or even an actual phone conversation, although actually talking on the phone is (scientifically proven!) much more connecting than any other communication method, even more so than a video chat.

If you don't 'click' in real life, let it go at that? But to everyone out there, I'd definitely caution you all against developing any emotions with someone before you meet in person.

2mountain

View Profile
Attending a new church for the first time. How to spot the single men?
Posted : 28 Sep, 2022 12:07 PM

Hmm, I wonder how you would spot me as a single man in church?

Prayer request time would be an excellent time to be listening, such as it gives you an idea who is and what is foremost on their minds. Even a lot of 'Unspoken' requests might be an indication? Or it could give you an idea, not in my case because I almost never request prayer, but other guys do.

General conversation could give you clues about people's lives too, who they talk about (their parents, if they ever mention an ex, their mom, etc.). Honestly I'd also identify some fellow single women, perhaps suggest a single ladies coffee date or something. The native single women will almost certainly have some ideas about the guys, or have a brother, cousin, etc., perhaps even one who only rarely comes to that church.

2mountain

View Profile
Tattoos and other 'body modifications'
Posted : 28 Sep, 2022 11:44 AM

Hello everyone. I'm circulating a petition here for CDFF to have preference search tick boxes for tattoos, piercings, and other voluntary body modifications (plastic surgery lol?) yes/no. Of course, this is a must-have question you can answer when setting up your profile too!

I know it's not one of the TEN commandments, (remember there were supposed to be more?) but it's pretty high up there for some of us. I mean technically it never says 'you shall not drink (alcoholic beverages)' or 'you shall not smoke' in the Scripture, but it definitely does (Moses) say 'you shall not make marks or cuttings on your flesh' in there.

Yes, Moses also said 'you shall not round the corners of your beard' too, but the Amish think they can get away with that. So I guess to some it's a denominational thing about all of this, but to some of us it's rather an important part of our beliefs. Beards grow back anyway, but you never grow out of the tattoos you got. At least not physically?

2mountain

View Profile
For a son of Adam the wrong daughter of Eve is a fate worse than death?
Posted : 4 Apr, 2022 11:49 PM

My sister in law once said to me that 'you can't be too picky' and intimated that I'd better hurry up and pick up a bride. I differ from her opinion. I may have been searching diligently for years, but considering past experience I'm not about to 'settle' for anyone less (or more?) than God's plan. Ecclesiasticus and Ecclesiastes say so much don't they? Just like it's said that 'stupid people don't believe in God' and 'stupid people shouldn't reproduce', it's clear that the ruin of a man is the wrong woman. So yes I'm picky. I know from personal experience. I also know of other men who have fallen into crime and drugs because of the woman that they are with. Simply put yes I will continue being picky, and not settle for less than a wonderful woman who is striving towards perfection. I am, why be unequally yoked?

Page : 1 2 3