Why do guys use this greeting?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 08:50 AM

I have received the same comment ????

Ocean17

View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving (Canada)
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 08:36 AM

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada.

We automatically say we have so much to be thankful for.....it almost a cliche.

What are you really thankful for?

My mother passed away last April after 20 years of pain with arthritis. She was 93. We were never really close like I would have liked us to be but God provided time. Time alone just her and I (my brothers all live away). A friend tells me often that she hopes her children take care of her as well as I did mom. I didn't do that much. I did try to make sure that she knew I had her back no matter what. I never wanted her to feel alone.

God does that with us always but do we always see it? I saw God everday where mom was concerned. When I was with her, I knew I was exactly where I should be. Now that I transfer in a new chapter in my life, I am searching for God and that closeness with Him. I have a multitude of ideas of things to do, people to visit and places to see (had an awesome summer).

I am grateful for the extra time that I had with mom, how her passing went (special moments), the funeral and how I am handling things with no regrets.

There are more stories of Thanks that surround this during the past 5 years (another thread). Do we look for God everyday? Do we search for closeness with Him?

Even if it's not Thanksgiving where you are......let it be anyways, everyday.

Blessings!!!

Ocean17

View Profile
True or not.
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 08:22 AM

I agree with Rambo.

My perception of "good" is evolving to a deeper definition of what matters in myself and in others.

Ocean17

View Profile
To Girls: Would you date a fat guy?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 08:02 AM

Rambo, I've missed you.

A few weeks ago, an acquantance for many years invited me out. Since I knew him, I thought a cup of coffee was boring. I suggested a day trip up North (beautiful area). We had a awesome day together. I got caught up in our conversation (great for another thread) and we both agreed, simply had the best day. First dates don't usually go that well. So much so, I didn't want to leave....

I believe he is about 100 lbs over weight.

Since then, the story has stalled. Thinking of what he shared with me, about how much he liked and thought of calling me, I believe he is overwhelmed with how comfortable it all was and is concerned with how all would go now or in the future. Also he was raised Catholic and focused on the negative issues around that faith.

He is not the type of guy I would usually date.....so shy did I? He's intelligent about life (overtime this has become a main attraction for me), really listened during a conversation we had last summer, and has always been sweet with me.

I would like to investigate this more but he says he is shy and has kept his distance. I'm moving on.

I hope this helps.

Ocean17

View Profile
Do you believe in 'love'? or have people grown too cold and self-centered to have true, loving emotions, for another?
Posted : 19 Dec, 2017 07:24 PM

... No "the beauty of 'real, heart-pounding, selfless, do whatever you can for the well-being of another, because you love them' love... been destroyed by culture's moral decline?" has not been destroyed. It takes some people longer to get there.

Ocean17

View Profile
Do you believe in 'love'? or have people grown too cold and self-centered to have true, loving emotions, for another?
Posted : 19 Dec, 2017 07:21 PM

AQW many have a huge wall keeping others out, self preservation. I understand that people hurt. This past Sunday's message included, � No real intimacy without becoming vulnerable to hurt.� God wanting to have intimacy with us by His birth became vulnerable.

I have difficulty with it too but if after a while if I believe there's a connection, I take the chance to know more. I trust that God will guide us.

If there will be differences but if they become too big or important, then you have to move on. At least you won't be wondering What if?

Ocean17

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 13 Dec, 2017 06:57 PM

Welcome baby23,

You are smart to be cautious. This is a public site afterall and you just don't know.

Don't worry about no picture or enough information in your profile. Personally, if he wants to see a picture before getting to know me first, move on..... I am more than just a pretty face.

This way you can comment and people actually read what you wrote.

You may meet someone dear to email with and maybe more or not. Some of the topics are interesting. I have learnt a lot with the men here. Much is what I already suspected.

Enjoy your experience. Oh and ask questions. I enjoy the Ask a Guy/Girl the most.

Blessings to you!

Ocean17

View Profile
Live Chat Room
Posted : 26 Nov, 2017 12:14 PM

I've tried the live chat room and I don't believe it's for me. There was no topic or thread, just Hi's.

Anyways, if I were on live chat I would tell FMS love the classic car. Yours? So cool that another woman loves cars too. The classics are the best in my view.

Ocean17

View Profile
"Adventures"
Posted : 26 Nov, 2017 12:01 PM

I am consider myself adventurous. I often have experiences or stories where people say they would never do. I actually believe I don't take enough leaps of faith. I used to when I was younger. Learnt a few lessons in my mistakes which makes me more cautious today.

I consider signing in this website is being adventurous.

For example, last juin (the origins of why here are a long story) I went to Nashville and then took a bus to Memphis.

To start, most people are surprised that a woman would travel on her own. If I didn't, I would never go anywhere and I love to travel, meet new people and experience new things.

Then those that know the area, are beyond belief that I would go to Memphis (the area has a bad reputation).

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. It was sort of planned and not. Lots of room for spontaneity and let's see what's going on at the time. I have many Happen to be there, moments. I did what I wanted to do, stayed as long as I wanted to in an area, made new friends, listened to awesome music of all kinds. I ran away from my reality for 8 days. It was fantastic. I wouldn't recommend it for just anyone. I walked for hours around town, ate great southern cooking, I had a backpack with me (spare clothes for weather and souvenirs), I stayed in questionable area that I had not properly researched.

The grace of God was with me for sure but I so needed to get away. It was a memorable trip and no ocean!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8