Author Thread
Ocean17

View Profile
What does masculinity mean to you? Femininity?
Posted : 4 Nov, 2017 12:24 PM

Rambo thank you for sharing. I too have always felt like an outsider. So much that if I didn't look like my parents, I am sure I was adopted.

Today, I know exactly why I'm different. My difference is that I am chosen by God. Out of all of the billions of people, He chose me long before I was born, in a way unique to me.

I joined this site to get to meet God's men. What I am getting is so much more. The Holy Spirit is filling me with insights, confirmations of what I thought I believed and answers.

We can all learn so much from each other. We just need to join in.

As a man, why is God your hero?

Ocean17

View Profile
Stereotyped communication or lack of
Posted : 4 Nov, 2017 12:01 PM

I hope you don't mind my popping in.

Well it's my 2 favorite men on this site thus far. I love you guys!!!

Why? You guys have a point of view of your own. It's not what you think a woman want's to hear or rehashing of the bible. It is sometimes raw, unfiltered but I would rather that then fake.

Not all guys communicate by speaking. But this site is anonymous, please share your thoughts guys. We can all learn so much from each other.

Guys, I would so enjoy to sit around a kitchen table (best conversations) with many cups of tea and chat with you. I have so many questions/topics to ask/discuss.

Ocean17

View Profile
WHY IS SEX A PROBLEM IN MARRIAGE??
Posted : 31 Oct, 2017 07:58 PM

People, there's a whole book on sex; Song of songs.

Mistake no. 1: Sex is physical

Ocean17

View Profile
Why do I have a mental illness
Posted : 31 Oct, 2017 07:51 PM

I will pray for you to have God's peace, comfort and reassurance so that you may not worry but focus on your health, wellbeing and be available for God to use you, yes you.

God meets us wherever we are, in whatever condition we are in. He knows us like he knows every hair on our head.

Ask God why you have mental illness. talk to Him, everyday, all the time. Be patient, He will answer in due time.

Because you reached out, would you keep us posted on your blessings. Look for them, they are there. Just open your eyes.

Ocean17

View Profile
Posted : 31 Oct, 2017 06:30 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm a woman and I thought I would get your perspective on this question.

Ocean17

View Profile
Do you believe the church has been working to feminize men?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2017 06:22 PM

Oh dear, you missed the point.

I wasn't afraid of marriage. It was just not a healthy relationship. It was all about him and his life and what he wanted. He ignored who I was or what my needs were.

He was thinking of himself and not of me, at all, in all the 5 years. Lika I said, I was unhappy. The way I described him, he sounds more like a guy whois manipulating than "trying in the end".

We got busy with life and I woke up when he wanted this life until death do us part. I later learned that he took our breakup very badly. He never saw me,only what he wanted to see. He never SAW ME.

He just wasn't listening!

Ocean17

View Profile
Why do some guys go overboard when you tell them they are not your type?
Posted : 30 Oct, 2017 08:15 PM

Hi Spooky,

I hope you don't mind my adding a comment.

I've been winked (?) by someone twice. He states he is separated. I hope he doesn't question why I don't reply....not my type.

Ocean17

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 30 Oct, 2017 07:23 PM

Since my last post, I thought about my profile and have since updated it.

Ocean17

View Profile
Posted : 30 Oct, 2017 07:19 PM

I'm sorry, I don't get your meaning.

We each have to live with the consequences of our sin.

Ocean17

View Profile
Do you believe the church has been working to feminize men?
Posted : 30 Oct, 2017 07:14 PM

Dearest Rambo919,

Thank you for your comments on all of my questions. You are a passionate man, with comments of his own. This is good.

I once attended a 3 day seminar with a well known evangelist where they suggested that much of todays relationship woes are due to the men who left their wives just prior to the women's movement, alone with children and no financial support.

These women had to work several jobs therefore, the older children raised the younger children, usuallly in proverty. Today we have generations of children who have grown into adult children, raising children. God is either not mentioned often or not known at all. As children, we continuously want more vs what we really need.

After much consideration and prayer, I do see where they come from and this has some validity in today's world.

Before I truly believed, I was in a 5 year relationship where I submitted to my boyfriend's life, his friends etc. One day he began to discuss marriage probably because all his friends were getting married. It took me 2 weeks to find the words but I finally expressed how unhappy I was. Basically I had no identity, I looked good, the guys liked, a girl you could bring home, I was arm candy. I did not feel like my own person.

I have been focusing to be content with the blessings I have and attempting to be the best woman I can be.

I can truly say that I have given sincere thought as to what I need. Since I've joined this group, I've enjoyed thinking about that a little more.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8