Author Thread
Ocean17

View Profile
What does masculinity mean to you? Femininity?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2017 08:08 PM

This questions is not to judge but to learn.

Ocean17

View Profile
Do you believe the church has been working to feminize men?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2017 07:54 PM

I totally agree in the women's rights movement of the 70s, that something had to be done to wake the world as to women's rights. There is still work to be done.

However, I believe we've gone too far over on the other side of the pendulum. In myself, I've become the male in some areas because of the lack of men who live up to the call. It has however, helped me understand men a little more.

On the other hand, most men, Christian or not, that I meet are fragile, broken from previous relationships. They've lost confidence, are confused and really don't know what to do about their future.

The friendships are wonderful and we get along great in talking and working things out but these are not the type of men I'm interested in for a long term relationship/marriage.

We all have experiences and stories that have molded us to what we are today.

I don't want to be Snow White for someone. I'm more like Cinderella who likes shoes, dancing, socializing and changes after midnight (lives a double life hahaha).

I've done my share of encouraging men to be Men, with a capital M as I always say.

What happens when a Man is masculine? I become more feminine.

Ocean17

View Profile
Do you believe the church has been working to feminize men?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2017 08:13 PM

It would be interesting to have men from various age groups reply.

Ocean17

View Profile
This weeks message (Oct. 15th, 2017)
Posted : 22 Oct, 2017 07:56 PM

Thank you for your comments. I trust other men have something to say.

Ocean17

View Profile
This weeks message (Oct. 15th, 2017)
Posted : 21 Oct, 2017 01:07 PM

Colossians 3:18

"Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."

I know it's touchy ground. We have a one time or another heard messages on this verse and others related. I believe it would be beneficial for all to discuss and what God is saying toeach of us.

I promise to add my comments after receiving a few of the men's perpectives.

Blessings

Ocean17

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 21 Oct, 2017 12:45 PM

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Please consider the possibility that this woman has limited the information online for her safety.

I notice that you haven't posted a picture (I realize most pics are not current or real pics).

The profile is simply a start. What would you do to get to know someone better?

Ocean17

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 15 Oct, 2017 01:06 PM

Dear 1jon310,

I went in your profile to ask you about your avatar and proceeded to read your profile.

Now that is a profile! Congratulations.

You seem sincere about your suffering and direction of your faith, God and what you are doing about it. You've got my attention anyways.

You are a work in progress, aren't we all. Good thing we are giving the reigns to God and not relying on ourselves.

P.S. I agree about the winks and laughed out loud about OCD. I look forward to reading your comments in the future.

Ocean17

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 15 Oct, 2017 12:49 PM

This is Christian dating sight and your goal is to get attention (chat, e-mail, etc...) what better way to get noticed than to share a God related comment/verse in your profile.

Some people are here for real, others are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Personally, I've met my share of bible spitters vs. bible doers. This can come through without ever saying anything about what you've done. Descernment. I'm not desperate so that makes being single a lot easier.

If God were here physically to see Him face to face, well there wouldn't be a need for this site.

Ocean17

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 12 Oct, 2017 08:10 PM

Interesting comments gentlemen. I have noticed that men tend to express their faith more than women in their profiles.

I am a woman who has recently signed in for the 1st time. I meet men but many are not Christians, others pretend to be to impress. So even if a man expresses his faith online, this is good however I am more impressed with how they express that faith in serving our Lord.

I have listed interests etc... but nothing regarding my faith other than on the "list" of description.

Because this is a Christian site, I would enjoy talking about God via email and if we meet, in person.

Thanks for your comments. Always appreciate men's perspectives.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8