Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
why are you still single?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 06:30 PM

Because I have not met the man God wants me to marry.

teach_ib

View Profile
just for FUN!
Posted : 13 Dec, 2013 06:29 PM

Someone tried to go down the chimney of a house down the street from my parents with the same ending...he died in the act of breaking and entering...

teach_ib

View Profile
I Peter 2:17
Posted : 12 Dec, 2013 05:54 PM

Very well put...thank you for sharing.

teach_ib

View Profile
Does God Want Us To Hate Our Family?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 03:25 PM

Amen, and as children of the King of Kings, brothers and sisters in Christ, we should strive to show Christian, Christ-like love towards each other. There are enough family members and worldly people who stand ready to tear us apart, make fun of us, persecute us that we should be careful how we treat each other.

God bless

teach_ib

View Profile
What to say...or not say
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 09:19 AM

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words:for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

teach_ib

View Profile
What to say...or not say
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 09:13 AM

1 Corinthians 2:1�And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.�

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.�

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.�

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:�

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:�

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:�

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

�9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.�

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.�

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.�

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13�Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.�

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.�

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.�

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?�But we have the mind of Christ.

teach_ib

View Profile
What to say...or not say
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 09:04 AM

Matthew 12:34�O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.�

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things:and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.�

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.�

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

teach_ib

View Profile
Division and confusion
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 09:03 AM

Romans 16:17�Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.�

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.�

19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.�

20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

teach_ib

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 10 Dec, 2013 08:52 AM

I live between Redskin and Raven territory. My brother-in-law is a Raven fan...my sister was a Redskins fan. My family is quite diverse in it's football choices making every game a rivalry!

teach_ib

View Profile
What to say...or not say
Posted : 9 Dec, 2013 08:02 PM

Philippians 1:27�Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;�

1 Timothy 4:12�Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

James 3:13�Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.�

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.�

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10