Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 02:13 PM

Truth...that would be Jesus. Know Him well and the fruits of His death, burial, and resurrection.

teach_ib

View Profile
DO YOU LEAVE PEOPLE REFRESHED OR DRAINED?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 02:10 PM

BobBobbins/IWalkAlone/zebragoes2hollywood: "This is why there is little to no constructive dialogue on these CDFF forums."

There can be no dialogue because it's either your way or no way. Your stripes have not changed.

Again, I stand by my statement that Mandela changed his country and influenced world leaders. Nothing zebra has written changes the fact of that statement.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 10:16 AM

We're not all given the same gifts...that doesn't mean that we don't believe and don't have the same level of spirituality.

Not everyone needs signs to believe...

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 10:14 AM

Matthew 24:24�For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

John 4:48�Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 20:29�Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:�

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

2 Thessalonians 2:9�Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Hebrews 2:4�God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Romans 12:5�So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.�

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;�

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: phe that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

1 Corinthians 12:4�Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.�

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.�

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.�

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.�

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;�

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;�

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:�

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 10:07 AM

Mnay people who are rightfully found guilty and imprisoned become bitter to all those around. He could have blamed others and been a bitter man.

I stand by my statement that he changed his country and influenced other world leaders. He did, even zebras/bob/IWA/whomever's posts show that.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 7 Dec, 2013 07:29 AM

Have you heard the value of the 'dash'?

On our grave markers there will be a dash between our date of birth and date of death. What matters is what happens in the dash...live every day as if it is your last and making a lasting impression on those whose lives you touch.

What I like about Nelson Mandela is he was not bitter to those who imprisoned him...a life lesson we all can take note of...when we become bitter we lose.

A man who changed a nation and influenced world leaders.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 6 Dec, 2013 09:24 PM

The family at my church whose daughter was born 4 months premature and is now almost 4 years old would say that she is a miracle...while they still grieve the death of her twin brother that only survived a few hours.

The same prayers went up for him...sometimes God's answer is no or the healing was done when the individual transitioned to heaven like my sister.

God's ways are not our ways...and some need signs to be convinced of the reality of God.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 6 Dec, 2013 09:19 PM

Yep...there are miracles all around us...we may not even realize the miracles that occur because of our fervent prayers.

Lots of reports from missionaries who were miraculously saved in perilous situations to find out someone back home was led to pray for them...a sudden burden on their hearts for them. When someone's name comes to mind in an unusual time (like sitting in a meeting at work...I send a prayer up...I don't have to know the need because God already does).

The disciples didn't heal everyone they saw...Jesus healed 10 lepers...but only the one who returned to thank Him was made whole (I believe the limbs, ears, nose that may have fallen off were restored).

I think it's a miracle when I drive 20 miles to church and go through 12-15 lights and they are all green. I am thankful for even a few green lights along the way...and then I see an accident and become even more thankful for the red lights or delays.

teach_ib

View Profile
I have to ask both my brothers and sisters.......
Posted : 6 Dec, 2013 06:53 PM

I haven't recommended anyone but did recommend one of my friends join because I saw some profiles that would probably be possible matches for her. She never joined.

Some of the profiles I would have recommended aligned to her religious and 'looks' preferences (for myself, I never figured out the 'look' aspect). There were some that had a description that I thought would be of interest to her.

teach_ib

View Profile
Lesbian Personal Sites On Christian Dating For Free
Posted : 6 Dec, 2013 06:38 PM

Again, it's ok to copy and paste published writers, but not the Word of God...always wonder why Christians are against posting Scripture

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10