Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Dog mushing
Posted : 6 Dec, 2013 06:29 PM

Interesting...didn't know much about the sport, other than it can be grueling!

Thanks for sharing some background.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 5 Dec, 2013 04:45 AM

I won't provide links because you would be attending for the wrong reason. I won't make a spectacle of these churches.

The good news was spread...healing is not the only reason or sign for churches. The spiritual healing through the preaching of the Word is most important.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 09:39 PM

Yes, I have seen the healing and had reports of healings in these churches that have laid hands on, prayed for, anointed those with illnesses. �People with documented rumors that don't show on further examination. �Yes, God still performs miracles.

I have seen the miraculous change of people who were deep in sins and addictions become free of these addictions in the churches I have attended. �

Hebrews 10:25�Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

There is more to church than just seeing miracles...church brings like minded people together to provide encouragement to each other. �In a world of sinners, having a refuge among Christians a few times a week provides strength to go back into the workplace or neighborhoods or schools.

If we're just looking for the miracles at church or an assembly, we miss out on the miracles that occur every day.

From Merriam-Webster: disdain -�a feeling of contempt for someone or something regarded as unworthy or inferior : �scorn

Again, none of the churches I have been a part of regard God's laws as inferior or unworthy...in fact, without the law, none of us would know that we are sinners.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

I choose grace and truth...

teach_ib

View Profile
More On the Great Dumbing Down and Its Effects On Christians
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 09:15 PM

My question was a simple yes or no...I see in many of your postings how you call many specific individuals as errant in their writings. I'm just looking to see if these are your thoughts based on your study or if you are citing other people's writings or a combination.

My assumption is they are your thoughts since I am not seeing references to others except for those you disagree with.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 07:56 AM

Yes, every church I have been a regular part of teaches the law, in depth along with every other aspect of the Bible.

The churches I have been a part of over the past 15 years almost exclusively use the Bible for all it's classes and activities...meaning we don't use denominational literature for Sunday School and other church classes. It's not that we don't agree with it, but prefer to focus on the specific teachings of the Bible, the Word of God, encouraging everyone to read it for themselves, not just hear a verse or 2 in a sermon.

I agree there are many 'churches' that don't focus on many of the Bible teachings...but using the term 'church' in the blanket way you do is inappropriate.

teach_ib

View Profile
sorry
Posted : 4 Dec, 2013 12:04 AM

You can always post an apology on a thread like this. Address the topic to the user and express your apologies. You do not have to get into too many details unless you are comfortable doing so.

Then you just have to wait...you have done your part.

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 3 Dec, 2013 08:27 PM

"Because the church disdains the laws of God the keys needed to unlock the mysteries spoken of in the NT are never obtained."

What church disdains the laws?

teach_ib

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 3 Dec, 2013 08:23 PM

Think about the circumstances of your wife's departure. Any idea what she's been doing since she left? Has she remarried? Been involved with another man or in today's time a woman? How long has it been?

My pastor went through these questions with me after my divorce and I wanted to know if I could consider remarriage.

There is no clear cut answer as each person's circumstances are different.

teach_ib

View Profile
Become Ordained Today
Posted : 3 Dec, 2013 02:40 AM

Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall:�but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety."

I much prefer having some proven men of God evaluating those who believe they are called than someone sitting printing papers for people they have never met.

I've met some of those 'mail order' preachers...they can talk the talk and use their 'papers' to their advantage.

The preachers I am talking about are reviewing the credentials of those who proclaim they are called, verifying 'the signs' not doin the calling.

teach_ib

View Profile
Impressing your guy.......
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 08:54 PM

I think there are many men in our age range that have learned to cook...and enjoy it. Cooking together would align with quality time, gift of service, touch, and could align with words of affirmation...I love how you cooked/cleaned...I think that's a hidden talent:applause:...and gifts...fits all 5 categories...there we have it!

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11