View Profile
More On the Great Dumbing Down and Its Effects On Christians
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 07:53 PM

Are you the author of these postings?

teach_ib

View Profile
Become Ordained Today
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 07:48 PM

So in the churches I have attended, ordination is a group of ministers confirming the calling of a man into the ministry. For the church to 'endorse' the individual, tin essence give him credentials to perform acts like marriage under the association, the group wants to validate who they are confirming.

As for getting ordained over the Internet...that's like getting a mail ordered diploma!

teach_ib

View Profile
ABSOLUTE Free-Will ???
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 05:46 PM

Good presentation...straight forward with the references included. Reaffirms what I have read, studied, and belief.

Thanks for sharing.

teach_ib

View Profile
Impressing your guy.......
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 05:29 PM

It's important to find out what makes him happy...if you haven't read the Five Love Languages (Gary Chapman)...check it out.

Too often we base our responses or actions on what we prefer instead of understanding what the other wants.

I like gifts and service...so I would give or do things for him when it could be he prefers words of affirmation or physical touch. Quality time is the fifth language...which hopefully time together is a given!

So, for me it would depend on him but for me it would be natural to give notes/cards, since I travel a lot for work...little things from places I visit, birthday, holiday gifts...I would even probably start cooking again, too!

teach_ib

View Profile
What is...
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 05:10 PM

Lukia,

Thanks for the feedback. Taking a tip from Sisygirl on updating the cover photo:laugh:

teach_ib

View Profile
For the law
Posted : 2 Dec, 2013 04:53 PM

Why is it necessary to generalize about churches 'disdaining the law'? There are good and bad (wheat and tares) in every denomination. When humans are involved there will be differences...that's why everyone should read and study for themselves.

My forefathers sacrificed their lives to translate the Word into English so,that the 'commoners' could read the precious Words. There are many who are working to translate the Word into other languages to reach people in their native tongue.

The Holy Spirit still works through even passages of the Word.

teach_ib

View Profile
Passing of Paul Crouch.......
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 08:16 PM

Luke 9:49�And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.�

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Jesus Words...not mine

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 07:59 PM

I'm not judging. Did he do some wrong, yes as has all of us. Was there some truth presented over the airways he opened up. Yes.

When God's Word goes out there are always the possibility of good.

As HJMP pointed out it is between him and God. There are people in his family and others that may be reached through his death. Don't limit God or be too quick to throw out judgment. Only God knows the heart of man.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 07:05 PM

Mark 9:38-50

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.�

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.�

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.�

Luke 9:49�And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.�

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

teach_ib

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 06:49 PM

So your Broncos pulled out a win and my Dolphins made another good showing with a win! A good Sunday in football, I'd say!

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12