Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 06:37 PM

Would it be possible to let this thread die out? I see no good coming from any of the recent posts going back and forth. The message is lost in the negativity and continual back and forth. We could recycle the whole thread and still not be any closer to resolution.

It's clear each feels offended by what others have posted, each feel their view is absolutely correct, each have violated the fruits of the Spirit, and it seems each feels they must have the last word.

Enough's enough!

teach_ib

View Profile
Please help me comprehend the following:
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 05:01 PM

Sisygirl,

The parables you referenced are not implying we must be poor to be a Christian. �Although people who have less treasure in the world are more likely to put their trust in God...they believe they are blessed with the possessions they do have while many rich people believe they have what they habpve because of their efforts, giving no glory or space to God.

In the parable of the hidden treasure and pearl of great price, the comparison is to someone who is searching for the ultimate prize, willing to do whatever it takes to purchase it. �We should be like that when seeking the kingdom of God, be willing to give up everything to serve God.

God calls people to the mission fields where they must give up their�"Luxurious" life style to go I to countries or cities and live in what Americans consider substandard housing. �Many missionaries rely on funding from a variety of churches to support them, living by faith that God will meet their financial needs through the churches which promise to �provide monthly support. �Other's may be called but will not give up their lifestyle to follow God's will.

Luke 18:18�And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?�

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.�

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.�

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.�

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing:sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.�

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.�

24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!�

25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

This young man followed most of the 10 Commandments but he failed to follow the first...thou shalt have no other gods before me...if we truly love God, we will give up everything because in reality it already belongs to God.

Matthew 6:19�Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:�

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:�

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

God blesses those who obey Him...not always with earthly wealth...although I know many Christians who have been blessed because of their generosity. �And I know many Christians who are not wealthy but they out give many who have much more. �Is your trust in yourself or in God? �We are all one disaster from being dirt poor and fully reliant on God for our basic needs. �We have our jobs not because of how great or smart we are, but because God enabled us to have them...we have to keep that in mind or we get arrogant thinking it's all because of what we did.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalms 37:21�The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again:�but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth;�and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord:�and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:�for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old;�yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken,�nor his seed begging bread.

26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth;�and his seed is blessed.

Luke 6:38�Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

teach_ib

View Profile
Aliyah!?!
Posted : 30 Nov, 2013 02:27 PM

Sad, indeed! The Bible is clear on how to know where eternity will be for those who believe and those who do not believe.

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

teach_ib

View Profile
Good advice
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 08:32 PM

Good advice...goes along with Romans 12. Thanks for sharing.

teach_ib

View Profile
What is...
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 08:24 PM

Thanks gents, I always wonder when someone considers the self hopeless!

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 27 Nov, 2013 07:59 PM

The Pentateuch did not require that a divorced woman and her second husband be put to death, as was the case with adultery. This consideration should lead us to exercise caution before stigmatizing remarriage as adulterous.

Yes, Jesus was clear in what He constituted acceptable grounds for remarriage. In God's eyes, the marriage vows are broken when one spouse commits a sexual sin, which could be while the two are together or while they are separated.

Anyone seeking remarriage after a divorce should prayerfully seek the will of God and be prepared for condemnation for those who believe they have the only understanding of this topic.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 08:27 PM

Marriage is not a command either.

Do you really think that Moses just made up the divorce decree? None of the punishments or directions given in the Old or New testaments would have been necessary except for the hardness of the heart...sin.

Neither Paul nor I have stated that everyone who divorces can remarry. In fact, Paul gave an example of what he thought was an unbiblical divorce and broke off discussion with lady.

I have stated that there are those who can not Biblically remarry.

The point of the OP, again, was to suggest people stop treating all people who are divorced as some would have treated a leper. And that is what I agreed with.

Yet, that point has been lost, trampled on, and disregarded.

teach_ib

View Profile
Do the Hebrew Scriptures have Y-shua in them?
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 06:01 PM

McCubed, you're so right...and if one is to reach the Jews, they must understand Christ in the OT!

teach_ib

View Profile
What is...
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 05:54 PM

...A hopeless romantic? I see this on many of the men's profiles. What do you mean by this?

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 26 Nov, 2013 03:12 AM

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Did Moses really give the law? No.

Mess administered what God revealed to him.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13