Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 7 Mar, 2024 09:13 PM

What happens if l have a girl friend that says, “if I marry you I won’t need kids to train”‼️‼️

Sheeesh, wonder what she means by that⁉️🤣😂😎🫠

LittleDavid

View Profile
Is age an issue
Posted : 7 Mar, 2024 09:03 PM

Sorry I missed out. I didn’t see your post til now. That’s what I get when I don’t keep up with the posts I post‼️😎

Well played Contented‼️‼️🤣🫠

LittleDavid

View Profile
WELL THE MONTHS GO BY AND NO ONE POSTS 👉any👈PROOF FOR EVOLUTION‼️‼️‼️
Posted : 7 Mar, 2024 09:14 AM

Exactly right‼️‼️‼️

EVERY church should be heavily involved with ACCURATELY teaching the faith AND every church should be heavily involved with defending the faith (apologetics) AND every church should be involved with exposing error (discernment ministries)‼️‼️‼️

For those disagreeing—Not me saying this—it’s commanded in scripture👈.

And no RETRO, I’m not “shouting” just because I use caps and “‼️‼️‼️”, so don’t be offended. I hope readers will understand emphasis and conviction.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Out of context, out of context
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 05:37 PM

You’re entirely welcome. I needed to hear the message myself. I have no idea how many verses I’ve taken outa context over time 😨

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 12:58 PM

Nobody likes to be misquoted out of context so why do we repeatedly misquote God out of context ⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 12:56 PM

The Most Popular Bible Verses Used Out Of Context

By Caryn & Jeremy

January 9, 2020

Caryn & Jeremy in the Morning

*THIS ARTICLE WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY PASTOR SHANE PRUITT FOR CHRISTIAN POST*

The Word of God is an absolute necessity.

All sixty-six books were inspired and authored by the Holy Spirit of God using 40 human instruments. Orthodox Christianity believes that in the Scriptures in their original manuscripts are without error and fault.

This Bible is not merely a collection of quotes or one-liners but is literally the Word of God. When the Scriptures speak, God is speaking. That is why we must approach the Bible with extreme care and intentionality. How it is read, memorized and quoted is of utmost importance.

However, Christians often misunderstand, misquote or misuse verses in the Bible. For example, we may turn to the concordance in the back wanting to find a verse on a particular subject, read the ones suggested, find a favorite one, and then start quoting away!

Or, possibly we hear others misquoting verses, they sound right in the moment, so we also begin spreading the misuse without taking the time to study the verse in its author-intended context.

Here is a list of the 5 most misused and abused Bible verses:

1. “I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me.” – Phil 4:13

Out of Context: This verse has nothing to do with dunking a basketball, hitting a game-winning home run, bench-pressing a bus, winning the lottery or closing a business deal.

In Context: The Apostle Paul is under house arrest awaiting his trial, where he may possibly be put to death for preaching the resurrection of Jesus.

However, instead of being defeated by unfortunate circumstances, Paul is using this opportunity to teach the young church in Philippi that he can endure any and every circumstance—ups and downs, highs and lows—because he has a strength that only comes from Christ.

This supernatural strength to endure all seasons and situations is always with Paul because the Holy Spirit of Christ is always with him, even in prison.

2. “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” – Matt 18:20

Out of Context: This verse is usually quoted as an encouragement to one another when there is low attendance for a worship service or given as a benediction during a prayer meeting.

In fact, if someone really wants to stretch this verse, they may use it as justification for skipping church to “worship” with their family at home, while the football game is playing in the background.

In Context: This verse falls specifically within the context of church discipline and dealing with wayward believers.

It is meant to be an encouragement to church leaders during tough times of loving confrontation to say that God would be present with the two to three witnesses as they are intentional in correcting and restoring a fallen brother or sister.

3. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11

Out of Context: This verse is typically given to someone as a sentiment during a difficult time, or on a graduation card after crossing a stage receiving his or her diploma or degree.

As a stand-alone promise, it appears as though God exists to make us all popular, rich, healthy, and powerfully well known! God declares the American Dream over my life!

In Context: This incredible promise is given not to an individual, but to a people group—Hebrews exiled in Babylon. God promised that He had not given up on His people and that even though things looked dire, they still had a future and a hope!

So, the word “prosper” doesn’t refer to money or material blessings; it refers to physical and spiritual salvation. It’s a beautiful promise that God is not done with His people and that their future and hope were only found in Him.

The promise is that He will see His plans through, and His people get to be a part of them.

4. “Judge not, that you be not judged.” – Matt 7:1

Out of Context: We’re living in a day that values tolerance above all, unless, of course, someone disagrees with our beliefs, lifestyles, or opinions; then, we’re extremely intolerant. We may even boldly shout, “Only God can judge me!” However, this is Tupac theology, not Biblical theology.

In Context: This verse is not a warning against speaking out against certain actions or behaviors. In fact, in other places of Scripture, we’re told “we’ll know them by their fruit.”

We’re also commanded in the Great Commission to “make disciples,” which includes helping others wage war against sin. However, Matthew 7 is a warning against self-righteousness and hypocrisy.

If we’re going to correct someone, then we must expect to be held to the same standard. If we judge with aggression, then we can expect to be judged with aggression.

Even though we remove the plank in our eye, Jesus still says we must remove the speck in our brother’s.

5. “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth!” – Psalm 46:10

Out of Context: Honestly, the most common travesty committed toward this verse is that only a piece of this verse is quoted.

On coffee-mugs, desktop screensavers with roses in the background, and paintings with a mountain, you’ll see a section of this verse carved out from the whole thought: “Be still, and know that I am God.”

In Context: The greatest justice we can provide for this verse is to actually quote it in its entirety. What an incredible comfort and reminder to know that we can be still and know that God is in control.

As His people, we can rest in the truth that He will be exalted in the nations across the earth, and there is nothing that can stop God from accomplishing His will.

Everything God does and says is intentional. Every word in the Scriptures is on purpose and placed in the specific context that He desires. Therefore, we must be careful with the Word of God and be intentional in how we speak this Word!

“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

– 2 Timothy 3:16 – 17

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 12:41 PM

Retro, Instead of criticizing ministries that expose the full gamut of errors in education AND in some churches, why not join a discernment ministry that is heavily involved in biblical apologetics⁉️⁉️⁉️

Why not play a part in defending the truth of scripture so that young people can 👉👉👉confidently👈👈👈 and rationally place their trust in the 👉👉👉trustworthiness👈👈👈 of the Bible⁉️⁉️

Why not equip young people intellectually so they are able to logically identify the falsehoods of evolution and other vain ideologies and defend truth⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 01:51 PM

But it gets worse.

As he contemplates the problems young people face on a daily basis, Retro fancies himself by criticizing others who are making a difference in the lives of young people.

As I mentioned earlier, young people are leaving the church in droves because they’ve been taught to reject the Bible.

Retro can’t seem to make the connection between the churches responsibility to expose error and today’s young people’s response to falsehoods, like evolution, that are being taught in public schools as scientific fact.

So I ask Retro, how are youths supposed to find any kind of help in the Bible if keeps being proven unreliable and unscientific by teachers at the public school⁉️⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 01:28 PM

Sometimes people leave their mark by making statements that are accurate, truthful and beneficial. Others make statements that are grossly inaccurate, egregiously UNtrue and benefit only themselves.

Here’s example that demonstrates the later, compliments of Retro: QUOTE RETRO: For whatever it’s worth, I agree with you that young people are leaving the Church, but I don’t believe it’s because of evolution. Most students don’t know much about the theory and don’t care enough about it to take a geology class in school to get “brainwashed.” “Furthermore, Jesus didn’t preach about the creation process. He preached about the relationship between God and his people, and the relationship of people with each other. Young people are leaving the church because it’s too busy chasing distractions like evolution theory to effectively address the struggles and concerns that have immediate impact on their lives and their futures, like wars, pandemics, poverty, purpose and meaning in life. They want to know where to find answers to their fears and uncertainties, not whether humans walked with dinosaurs. They want fulfillment. They want to feel the weight of life lifted from their shoulders, to find joy of life again. Arguing about how old the earth is isn’t going to do anything to help that.” END QUOTE THE RETRO

Retro gives himself away by ignorantly assuming Jesus never “preached the creation process”.

But this is the same kind of hogwash taught by compromising PhD theologians and their blind follower “Christians”.

Nevertheless, these theistic evolutionists correctly believe scripture that clearly teaches that Jesus did believe in a young earth, however, these theistic evolutionists conclude that he was in error‼️‼️

You can’t make this stuff up ‼️‼️‼️

Retro continues by claiming the young people leaving the church could care less about evolution or other challenges to the integrity of scripture like dinosaurs and people. In fact, he insists young people leaving church could care less about evolution. Then he abruptly contradicts himself by claiming young people are leaving the church because the church is “chasing distractions like evolution”‼️‼️‼️‼️

So, young people couldn’t care less about evolution but it’s important enough for them to leave the church to leave the church⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️🤭

LittleDavid

View Profile
Supreme Court rules states can't kick Trump off the ballot
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 10:36 AM

Even SCOTUS’s moderate libs and the radical left leaners said Trump can’t be kicked off the ballot‼️

Amazing‼️ WHAT An unexpected grace of God in the mist of other SCOTUS decisions, some of which were most deplorable

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15