Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
I wish
Posted : 18 Sep, 2011 08:37 AM

I wish my potential man would act...this way

I wish my potential man would speak...this way

I wish my potential man would hear when I say....

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Steelers
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 02:07 PM

YESSSSS! Most winning franchise in N.F.L. history. What more is there to say?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
CUT OFF YOUR FEMALE FRIENDS!!!??!!!!!!!!
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 01:32 PM

I don't think I could be with someone who demanded I call them every single day. For me it's simply an issue of space, and I like lots of it. I also would not cut out my female friends, because there are females in my church, and female friends of my family who would be devastated if I told them goodbye. They'd be people I'd like to introduce my wife to, not trade for her. And as far as my woman saying another woman has to go, and she's willing to ditch her male friends is very cold towards these people's feelings, and seems to open the door to a lot of "game-playing" imo. If you're willing to ditch male friends just cause you met a guy, why even have these guy friends in the first place?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Your Viewpoint
Posted : 9 Apr, 2011 01:16 PM

You said you knew where we were all coming from, are you sure about that? Let's get more into your using doctors as an example. You said they could deal with private parts without arousal because it's something they've dealt with at work, and become used to. You're absolutely right. I think the word desensitized is best for this situation. The doctors become desensitized is the same way that anyone gets desensitized-overexposure.

Please keep in mind that other people CAN become desensitized to other things. Take Recon Marines, Army Rangers, Navy seals etc... They are all "Elite." military units. Professionals at their jobs, and some of the best ones have been doing it the longest. Some of them can talk about taking human lives casually and dispassionately, because it's something they've done over and over, become desensitized to. I've seen a lot of other posts saying this may be a bad idea. Just because an answer isn't what you want it to be doesn't mean it's not an answer.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Your Viewpoint
Posted : 8 Apr, 2011 12:01 PM

You've made a couple comments about Americans bombarded with sexuality and I completely agree with you! I can't drive five miles to work each day without seeing 4 billboards with a woman in lingerie (sp?) It's 4 separate signs, not 2 front-and back signs. I look on my computer screen as I write this, and the zoosk.com girls on the top are all wearing enough makeup to go out on broadway, and the match.com girls on the right hand side don't look like anyone I've seen around my hometown, yet it says they're all from there. The CDFF girls are CUTE! Nobody's naked though.

Being American, I'm not allowed to walk around my house naked if anyone can see in. It's considered "public indecency" even though it happens inside my home, because people who don't want to see it can. There's also a five-year old and his single mother next door. She's not the kind of girl I want seeing me naked. I can close the blinds and wear the birthday suit all I want. I'm a dude, things happen and I completely understand. As a man, I know how many guys towel off and walk naked to their room to get dressed after taking a shower. (sorry guys.)

Everything's got a time and place, and I genuinely appreciate you talking about keeping it at a nudist colony for example.

If someone were to start walking around my neighborhood naked, the best thing that can happen is that they get arrested, and quickly. There's lots of kids around here, and lots of dads. It could also be seen as a sign of mental illness. Nudists are people too. Light shines best in darkness. Just be careful, cause when light goes in the darkness all by itself, it does get surrounded by darkness. It may not make sense to you, but there may be reasons most Christians, even Evangelicals avoid certain situations. Be careful man, please.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Adopted kids
Posted : 6 Apr, 2011 11:57 AM

Ok, here's a question for you: Let's play pretend.:applause:

Let's pretend your man (or potential man) had adopted a child with a woman (A) earlier on in life. He has never had a relationship with (A) , either physical or emotional. They are simply good friends. The reason he adopted this child was because the child was special needs/special ed, and his friend (A) was a special needs/special ed teacher. The courts did not want to give custody of the child to (A) because they thought that being a special needs/special ed teacher, (A) did not make enough money to take on the costs and fully meet the needs of this special needs/special ed child.

So your man (or potential man) stepped in and said: I'll back this woman financially." (Think of someone co-signing on a property or a car lease, if the first person can't pay the debt, they'll go after the co-signer.) With him promising this to the courts, they combined the "couple's" annual salary and decided to go ahead and let (A) adopt the child, due to her "increased financial stability." (Your man has never even met this child, and probably never will, he simply knows that (A) is very passionate about her job, and is convinced (A) is the best person for the job.)

Fast-forward to right now: You've just met this guy. You're having your perfect first date, and you're getting to know him, so you ask him: 1. Do you have any kids? 2.Family? 3.Responsibilities? How should he answer 1,2,3? For the sake of argument, he never sees (A) or the child, and will only become financially involved if a catastrophic event strikes (A).

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Working Out
Posted : 6 Apr, 2011 10:52 AM

Daily. I lift weights on my personal time to make my work life easier. My goal? Outwork everyone younger than me. My preferences are weights and distance running. I smoke a pack a day, and am looking for someone who can run ten miles with me.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
WE WIN...WE LOSE...WE FALL AND GET BACK UP...QUESTION IS:
Posted : 11 Mar, 2011 07:20 PM

I fully understand if this gets me booted off this site. That being said, it sounds like the old "when the horse throws you, you just gotta get back up on it" adage. I agree to a point, but also realizing that some tosses are so bad, you might not be able to to get back up on the horse. Here's where I'm expecting to get booted of the site, but do you remember Christopher Reeve? The actor who played Superman in all the movies? He got thrown off a horse, literally....it broke his neck and not all that long afterward, he died. I'm not meaning to be disrespectful or cold, but would you give him the same "you just gotta get back up there" bravado? I understand where you're coming from, and maybe it's the fact that I literally just finished watching one of his movies that brings it to mind. Sometimes you get thrown off the horse and land on your bum, and all you gotta do is dust off and get back up. But sometimes you get thrown off the horse and trampled by it and then run over by all the rest of the horses in the race behind the one that threw you. To each their own, if you're comfortable, and your nose is on straight, then I wish you nothing but the best of luck! There's also nothing wrong with recognizing that you may have been severely injured in the fall, and may never look at a horse the same way again. God bless!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Why can't the young and the old find the right person?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2011 05:56 PM

Not meaning to be smart at all-you said people aren't the same as they were forty years ago, and you're absolutely right. Do you think the generation before yours looks at yours the same way? I agree that people are very wrapped up in their electronics, absolutely. That being said, it opens up doors for some folks, while allowing others to become hermits.

A dear friend of mine has a son. Developmentally challenged, and is in a wheelchair he'll never get out of. He can't move his arms past manipulating his wrists.

This may seem a bit off topic, but follow me here. I've taken to playing online video games with this kid. I'll never meet the boy, he's probably not going to live long enough. So we play a game called black ops (an army game where you run around and shoot your friends with guns) with him. I find this game morally repugnant, as the point is to: well, pretend to shoot my friend and anyone else playing with us. I cannot recommend this game, even though it's wildly popular, due to the "level of violence" it portrays.

Now to talk out the other side of my mouth, so please bear with me again. I will continue to play this game with this child, because it's really all he can do. He's even "met" other friends online who share his physical handicap. He was able to recognize that one of the other players was also in a wheelchair, due to noise that the mechanical parts of his wheelchair made. (we wear headsets that allow us to talk garbage as we shoot each other, that's how he ended up hearing these noises.) So now I pretend to shoot two of my "friends" simply for the "togetherness" that it allows us to have.

I realize that this is probably not at all the answer you're looking for, and sorry if that's the case, but for some people, there's not really a choice. It's a life of solitude, or reach out and "touch" someone electronically. As far as for this kid, it's enriched his life, and he's been able to make friends and meet people he'd never be able to meet, due to his handicap. Most of the other players in the game don't know he's handicapped, which lets him "be himself" instead of "the kid in the wheelchar." He's even commented that this is a first for him, he feels like he's respected for himself, not placated because of his "challanges" and blatantly obvious disability.

I was never much into video games before, and for someone my age (30) I'm horribly inept when it comes to technology. This child I play with is 9 (mentally) and won't progress. I realize this is not the same type of relationship you're thinking of when you think of your own son and daughter, but it's a relationship and developing friendship anyway. You sure gave me some food for thought, and thank you, but for me personally, I'll have to stick with the technology because it's the only way I can "keep in touch" with this boy. Whether this game is good or bad for the child is debatable. However, I know he's not just sitting in a room by himself somewhere when we're playing. You do what you can with what you have where you are. Technology lets me interact and speak from Philly, Pa to Austin Tx in real-time, and his mother is thrilled that it's happening. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shoot this boy a few more times before his mother puts him to bed:glow:

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Do men like thick or thin women?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 11:09 AM

I prefer brunettes....

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10