Author Thread
seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Spanking is a euphemism for hitting
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 10:28 AM

What error did you think I made in distinguishing the difference between the old covenant and the new covenant? Can you identify how the two covenants are different? Wouldn't you rather try other options than resort to spanking? All things really are possible through Christ. Speaking scripture is powerful, more powerful than a hand that hits or spanks. Even the creation was spoken into existence, I'm surprised to be met with so much opposition. Again i'm not opposed to healthy, non violent, and respectful correction.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 10:17 AM

Young children are being shown on tv all the bad behaviors they act out. spanking is definitely not needed. Children are being alienated from their parents because of the poor boundaries spanking represents. My main points have not been refuted. You would be surprised at how children respond to words. I like to give scripture readings to children that misbehave. The scripture is to be used for correction not hypocritical spanking. 2 Timothy 3:16. Let us also not forget "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." We are supposed to be modeling behavior we want children to copy. You clearly are not thinking of the millions of children who didn't want to show their scars to a cps worker because of the location. Ask Jesus if there is a better way before you reply to me. HE can answer you.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 10:51 PM

if you view the rod in that manner then the sheep are still sheltered by it and not struck. Keep watch and don't let wolves into the pasture.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 10:48 PM

Yes I check in on this thread.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
What are your top 5 Qualities a Guy Needs to Have?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2019 12:17 AM

1. Believes James 1:27 defines their religion

2. Opposes corporal punishment against children including so called "spanking"

3. Pro Life (even to the extent of letting me go so that the baby can survive)

4. Understands that modesty is for both men and women

5. communicates about expectations and hopes honestly

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Who is Paul? What authority did he have?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2019 03:17 AM

I try to see if Paul contradicts anything that Jesus asserts if I'm confused. Jesus certainly has more authority than Paul. Is there a certain verse you are thinking of?

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
"Time Changer"
Posted : 28 Oct, 2019 03:14 AM

i feel like the main character in this movie most days. I usually skip to the second chapter in the movie to avoid having to see women in corsets. Corsets were and are extremely oppressive to women's health; so i have an ongoing boycott. The main point of the movie focuses on the unhealthy shift in society over the course of a century. Though we all know some change was absolutely necessary like moving away from the false notions of eugenics and racism.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
"Pamela's Prayer"
Posted : 28 Oct, 2019 03:06 AM

I wanted to recommend this Christian movie. It is one of my favorite movies, because I wished I could have heard the explanation of why it is important to wait until marriage when I was a teenager. The single parent in the film just explains it so well. He basically starts by asking his daughter how many women she wants to have even kissed her husband before she meets him.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Do no harm
Posted : 26 Aug, 2019 02:24 AM

Amen. The friend who was rescued before she could die by suicide now has two children. She wasn't thinking of them when she began to self harm. All of the suicide attempts that I have known about through friends were often associated with a breakup. I think they should bring back chaperoning to our teenagers in the world. Parents are currently being shamed for chaperoning even by police. Teenagers should not have to endure the equivalent of a divorce when they are so fragile and young. To make matters even more traumatizing they have to see their former love every day for years sometimes. The public schools tell them more about fornication than procreation and the respect of commitment. I spoke with a woman online recently that was not aware std tests can take years to read positive and the individual could be passing stds the whole time. Monogamy is not promoted. Instead of promoting virgintiy they promote their own projected doubt upon the youth expecting them to fail at waiting.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
Genesis 38:6-10
Posted : 26 Aug, 2019 02:00 AM

And Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar. 7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight יהוה of YHVH; and יהוה YHVH slew him. 8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. 9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. 10 And the thing which he did displeased יהוה YHVH : wherefore he slew him also.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5