Author Thread
prayreadwalk

View Profile
Are decent normal women still active on this site?
Posted : 26 Mar, 2017 12:12 AM

I've had a variety of successful conversations with decent women here, but as mentioned there are a lot of stale accounts. Its not good to rest too many emotions on initial messages.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Why veiw us and not message us?
Posted : 29 Jun, 2014 10:58 PM

I don't know about other guys, but I think in that kind of a situation it would be perfectly acceptable to send them a 'no loitering' message. You don't have to be nice all the time. Here are some that come to mind:

Hey what are ya looking at?

You gonna stand all day?

If you see something, say something.

Speak up or move on dude.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
I have an idea...
Posted : 29 Jun, 2014 10:38 PM

There are all kinds of features a site could add, if its in their business model. This site has 'free' right in its name. So adding various types of pay features wouldn't look good.

I've seen sites where guys have to pay to see messages from girls, it was mostly all scammers.

If a site owner wanted to trade ad free accounts for you doing local advertising that would be cool, but that also means more work for the site owner to do. The more I learn about what it takes to run a serious, data heavy site, the more I respect and understand why admins don't want to hear about the cool ideas I have for improvements. It is a boat load of work keeping a place like this running.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Preferences
Posted : 8 Jan, 2014 11:14 PM

I don't think the hardworking, wise, business woman in Prov 31 is incompatible with the submissive wife in Eph 5.

Submission is about a spiritual leadership structure in marriage. It can include the wife contributing spiritual insight and decision making.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Digital simulation
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 07:54 PM

I've heard that concept in passing but haven't dug into reasoning behind it. I'm ready to accept that we humans don't know everything about what physical reality is made up of.

Would you like to explain it to us?

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Already seen this?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 10:31 PM

What is it man? I don't want to click on an unidentified link!

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Guys let me ask.......
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 10:19 PM

While I try to respond to all messages if I don't I feel bad about it. Its easy to think I don't know what to say, decide to try again later but then forget about it.

I think that a lot of people on these sites have problems knowing how to communicate (I know that I do).

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Reaching a point where it is difficult to get to know new people
Posted : 19 Sep, 2013 10:10 PM

Yeah, it can become hard to connect with people, even when you want to be social. Sometimes one has to just put some effort into it and say something to keep the conversation going even if you aren't satisfied with what you have to say. Other times there is just no forcing it, time to do something else, preferably something that isn't self focused.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Got to ask you guys about what would you do
Posted : 6 May, 2013 01:52 AM

What would I do? If I loved her, I'd have to continue loving her. If she's got behavior traits that are really harming her quality of life I'd suggest counseling. If she thinks counseling is only for crazy people, I'd have to lead by example and go myself. Show her is ok to get some help.

I'd have to put the effort into understanding her point of view, so that I could find ways through actions to communicate health, love, peace, because if someone has serious, relationship blocking problems, they aren't going to change their life just by someone telling them to change their life. You gotta show them. The strength to do this comes from Jesus.

Whether someones problems are huge and jagged, or under control, everyone has them. The only way to avoid dealing with messy people is to avoid them, and forever search for one that's perfect. That's no way to live.

prayreadwalk

View Profile
Food, Poverty, and Chipotle lol
Posted : 6 May, 2013 12:39 AM

Because unhealthy, packaged, ready to eat food is cheaper than healthy food.

I think churches can use social issues as a way to engage with people and be relevant, as long as they still have a strong emphasis on salvation through Jesus, both with belief and obedience.

Page : 1 2