Author Thread
Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Ladies, please
Posted : 23 May, 2019 07:33 PM

I really can't speak for everyone, but for me personally, I'm terrible at starting conversations and so I usually leave it up to the guy to message first. I know that's not very realistic though in that just viewing a profile doesn't express interest in and of itself, so I'll occasionally message someone if something in their profile really jumps out at me/piques my interest. I do try to make the opening message unique by mentioning something about the profile, but a lot of times it's just a quick 'hi, how are you?' just because, offline, that's how I am with starting conversations with someone I've never met before. Shy and quiet at first. It certainly doesn't mean I'm not interested...Just that words fail me.

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Hi everyone, I need help
Posted : 25 Mar, 2019 07:45 PM

A lot of times, God asks us to open our hands and let go of the things we're clinging to. Of course we don't want to. But when we do, in His time and in His own way, he replaces it with something 1000 times better. I tried to remain friends with my ex from years ago. It was far too painful. Cutting off all communication was hard. But it helped with the healing process. The best thing you can do right now is simply pray for him and for his heart and soul. God knows what you want. But He also knows what you both need. Each time you think of him, pray. Not just that he'll talk to you, but pray that he'll talk to God. In the meantime, go to your pastor or an older woman(relative, friend, or someone in your church) and seek their Biblical counsel. Overall, seek God's will for your life. Become involved in a women's group or ministry to keep your mind busy. Matthew 6 says to 'Seek first the Kingdom of God....' Seek Him first. Ask Him to make you into the woman He wants you to be. Sooner or later, in His perfect timing, He'll turn your sorrow into joy.

I hope that helps...You're in my prayers.

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Favorites
Posted : 16 Jan, 2019 05:32 PM

@JanC right lol It should definitely be placed and worded differently, such as '__username of person you're viewing__ appears on __number__ members' list of favorites'. I also agree that it should be named differently from favorites. Would be nice to change 'winks' to 'smiles' as well.

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Favorites
Posted : 14 Jan, 2019 06:58 PM

The messaging requirements is a separate thing from the 'number of times people added you as a favorite'. The closeness in proximity to these lines is definitely confusing. The line about number/favorites is actually about the profile you're viewing. In your account settings, you can choose whether or not this line appears on your own profile, so people can see how many times you've been favorited. I hope that helps/makes it less confusing!

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Which is Best? (A bit of a poll)
Posted : 9 Jan, 2019 06:55 AM

Keeping messages short is extremely difficult for writers but thank you for the advice! I'll try to remember it!

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Which is Best? (A bit of a poll)
Posted : 7 Jan, 2019 03:46 PM

Hi all! I'm very new to this site and really the whole dating scene in general(As my profile states, I haven't been on an official date in over a decade) so I'm genuinely curious.

What's the best way for a woman to indicate that she's interested without seeming too pushy/flirty? I do tend to say a lot in my messages...sometimes it might seem like I talk *too* much when in reality, I'm much more reserved talking face-to-face or over the phone. So I do try to put in written word my interest and what I'm actually looking for, answer questions, etc.

I ask this question because, well, for one, I'm an over-thinker. But the other day I sent one message, basically just saying hello and wishing them a good day, and next thing I know I was blocked by this guy. So I guess a small part of me took that to mean that I should hold off on sending messages period. (Silly, I know. Try telling my mind that. )

So I got to thinking some more...Maybe I should just view their profile, and they'll see that and click on me from there.

Or add them to my favorites.

Or virtually 'smile' at them by sending a wink(haven't done that yet, and I'm very hesitant to. I don't see myself as a flirt, but if I see it as a 'smile', and they see it as a 'smile'....)

...Yeah. Now I *know* I'm overthinking things

I guess I just want to know how to show my interest while still letting the guy take the lead. I've made the mistake before of taking the lead, and it ended in disaster. So any advice would be highly appreciated! I know it's all going to work out in His perfect timing!

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
What do Women look for in What a Man is looking for?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2019 10:48 AM

I certainly can't speak for all women, but I personally look for things that are unique, specific, and personal to them. Something that would set that profile apart from all the rest. For instance, I mention that a bonus for me would be if the guy likes animals or sings. Not necessarily a requirement, but something I'd certainly count as icing on the cake.

I guess I'd say just be yourself, open and honest about what you're looking for, and don't be afraid to set your standards high. Hopefully/prayerfully the right one will take notice!

Cinderbelle13

View Profile
Favorite films of all time?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2019 10:30 AM

1. Phantom of the Opera(2004)

2. Beauty and the Beast

3. Several other Gerard Butler movies, including PS I Love You, Timeline, Bounty Hunter, and Hunter Killer

4. Several other musicals, including Sound of Music and Mary Poppins

5. Muppet Christmas Carol...favorite version and a Christmas Eve tradition!

6. Twelve Chairs

7. Any Shirley Temple movie

8. ...I just like a lot of movies!!