Author Thread
saltyreader

View Profile
**POST-TRIB RESURRECTION VERSUS PRE-TRIB RAPTURE**
Posted : 18 May, 2019 02:12 AM

You make a mistake by calling the Tribulation Saints the Church of our Lord, the Church will be partaking in the marriage supper of the Lamb. If I be mistake, then explain to me why did the Lord say in Luke 17:34-36 that he would take one of two people that could be found in the same place! If the Rapture takes place during or after the Tribulation, then why would the Lord not comment that those he would take away from the world aren't instantly glorified in plain sight? Common people should be able to see something unbelievable taking place right in front of them, but the Word doesn't tell us anything like that. Or how do you explain 1 Thessalonians 5:9?

You clearly ignore a spiritual reality here, the believer and member of the Church lives in an age of Grace where the Holy Spirit is present and prevents the son of perdition from clearly reveal himself. The Tribulation and Great Tribulation aka Jacob's Trouble is designed as a way to teach Israel that He is the Lord, that the Lamb they rejected was the very same Lion of Judah they have been expecting the whole time, plus it is a time to judge the sinful world full of Gentiles that chose to reject the Truth. If the Church were present during the Tribulation, then why would need God to choose 144000 people among the Tribes of Israel to preach? Isn't preaching the Church's job commissioned by the Lord Himself in the Gospels of Matthew and Mark? Then why doesn't the Lord command His Church to do the job during the Tribulation? That's because His beloved Church is no more on earth! Besides why would the Lord judge His Church on earth with wrath when he promised us that he would do it on Heaven? I Thessalonians 4:15-18 clearly tells those living in the times of the Apostles that they should work hard and persevere in the Lord, but as we know already, the world was not judge back then and even so the Word is never wrong about anything. Then it got to mean the passage is a call to encourage us to work diligently (physically and spiritually) before the rapture. Just think about it, what would let us feel spiritual joy we need to persevere? Being punished harshly even if we are believers? Or sparing us of such test like Malachi 3:17 says? Aren't believers His jewels? Who would ever expose jewels to any sort of danger? They would become unworthy and no promise would not make any sense then. I'm pretty sure that gaining the privilege does indeed motivate anybody aware of it to work harder than usual!

saltyreader

View Profile
Rejection
Posted : 18 May, 2019 01:15 AM

Hey but didn't you know that the Lord should carry our burden for us? According to Psalm 55:22 He will take care of your burden, without complaining I might add.

saltyreader

View Profile
got a vision about the future partness
Posted : 18 May, 2019 01:09 AM

I'm sorry to tell you this, but dreams can be deceiving! Why? Because we still got a sinful nature in the flesh. If it was a nice dream, well, enjoy it or analyze it a bit and see if some stuff might still need to be improved in real life. Don't overanalyze it because reality can still be a mystery whenever we talk about meeting a partner or a wanabe spouse or a just friend. Keep working on becoming a truly faithful believer as a mean to please the Lord, and at some point your future spouse might show up and realize how much you have grown spiritually and get attached to you at some point. At least that is what some people seem to be telling me in the last couple of weeks.

saltyreader

View Profile
Blending and mending among snakes
Posted : 18 May, 2019 01:00 AM

John 13:15 tells us to imitate Him, 1 Timothy 1:16 explains to us that we should be an example for new believers. We might suffer while living among the world as 1 Peter 2:21 and there is also what the Lord asks of us in Matthew 28:19-20. So I do agree that we should go out and preach and then let the world watch us living a godly life as the complementary part of the preaching process.

saltyreader

View Profile
Do not marry
Posted : 18 May, 2019 12:38 AM

But also marry if you already know that you would sin otherwise. Read 1 Corinthians 7:9,28 as a valid basis for this claim.

saltyreader

View Profile
Hi everyone, I need help
Posted : 17 May, 2019 02:59 AM

You don't know how a godly man looks like... well, read Bible passages like Galatians 4:1-2!

Galatians 4 (KJV)

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

So any serious old man can tell you that the guy you fell in love is really a man? Or is he still a boy? Has he overcome difficulties and now looks mature enough for your taste? Does he love to spend time with you? Or does he complain about it? Marriage means you two will become one flesh, not two nor three but one flesh! If he can't deal with it, then he's not good enough for you, darling.

P.S.

Make sure he isn't a criminal before getting too attached to him!

saltyreader

View Profile
breaking up because of insecurities...
Posted : 17 May, 2019 02:46 AM

Insecurities... Have you even talked about your so called insecurities? Have you let him understand why you can't or he can't expect to get a different result if you keep dating? You know, sometimes it's our ego what makes us make SERIOUS mistakes so go find evidence that your fears are justified and you might still be able to find out that you were fooling yourself by listening to your fears and not to God and your boyfriend. Perhaps he has his own insecurities, but sharing them with the person you love should be one of the things a couple should do if they ever marry. If they can't go past that point while being single, they won't make it as a couple for sure.

saltyreader

View Profile
Cultural differences
Posted : 17 May, 2019 02:35 AM

As somebody else has already stated, the Lord, His Word and a Christian lifestyle might make it possible. I was reading a dissertation in regards of marriage and it stated that it should be honoring the Lord what should be the first and ultimate goal of marriage. If likes would make a clear distinction of how well received that article was, I would need to say it only got 2 votes. Yeah, it is not what anybody would have expected ever! But you know what, that might be the actual reason it was right, because it was addressing God's concerns and not ours, God's Will and not just our will. Why?

Romans 1 (KJV)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

If we do want to have a happy marriage, the Lord should be its center! For He is "the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me"

Galatians 4 (KJV)

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

And yeah, the man should be mature enough as to be called a man and not a child anymore.

Concerning cultural differences we cannot really find any specific references telling us not to accept that a German guy marry a Brazilian woman, etc. The only cultural references included in the Bible are those concerning worship, His Worship. If we are believers and we truly want to honor our Lord, the best thing we can do is to marry another believer. Normally we think that our culture has something to do with marriage, and I will not tell you that stuff seems to get easier than ever if you a guy marries a woman that shares the same culture. Even so who said modern cultures are OK? Actually they are full of ungodly stuff nowadays so we do need to discard many cultural stuff for being pagan, We should take in consideration what 1st Kings 19:26 has to tell us:

"Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded; they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the housetops, and as corn blasted before it be grown up."

Since culture is temporal, we cannot stare at it as if it really matter. Of course, it might be beautiful to share customs, but is it not interesting and intriguing to learn your partner's culture as well? (Excluding those elements that are pagan in nature, obviously!)

saltyreader

View Profile
Praising the Lord by confessing our sins
Posted : 17 May, 2019 02:06 AM

Yeah, I know this might sound weird to many, many people out there, but I do believe I have understood one of the several reasons why we should confess our sins (even some ugly ones). Human nature would dictate that we must please you, people. God's nature shows us that we should please Him. So hiding our defects is not a great idea, for the Lord knows the truth and will either grant us what we ask Him at the right moment or reject our petition in no time.

A while ago I was talking to a woman that at the end of her confession told me that I made her recall her ugly past. I don't care if she just made a comment or clearly blamed me for it. Actually, that should never be the point of confessing our sins. We should do it because we are called to testify about the One and Only Savior. How can we tell others that he did something amazing in our lives if we keep his greatest works hidden from public view the whole time? The truth is we just cannot. It is good to tell all those beautiful things he has done for the sick, the disturbed, the insecure people, the persecuted and so on. Still, is it not even a greater job than any other job to forgive a sinner that suddenly realized what His ways actually are, what life is really supposed to mean? Since He did it by sending his Holy Spirit to convince us of our sinful nature and begin a process of spiritual transformation better known as the new creature, we cannot find any better way to express our gratitude than by doing the same the apostle Paul had to do when he met the Christian community in Jerusalem: let them know how the Lord has changed our lives!

Are you ashamed of what you did in the past? Then you got to be listening to his Holy Spirit! No matter what other people think about your testimony, you only depend on God's approval not on human opinions to know if you are truly pleasing the Lord and Savior.

saltyreader

View Profile
Hi gals! I'm here to make friends
Posted : 9 May, 2019 09:17 PM

I'm a lone guy in search for friendship, nice chats, encouragement for all parties involved, that kind of stuff. I am a Baptist, but I can get along other denominations; the only exception would be the charismatics for unknown reasons.

I like movies, TV series, books, poems, scripting languages... I'm sorry if I sound nerdy here.

God bless you all! (Even if we don't get along at all!)