Author Thread
Mykull

View Profile
Listen to authorities and do what you are told!
Posted : 9 Jun, 2020 01:27 PM

If you believe you should be able to question authorities. Then you will feel the repercussion. Like I said it is either be the hittee or the hitter or be the shootee or the shooter. And you have to make that decision in less then a few seconds. In my honest opinion the cops do a great job. If I were a cop I would taze everyone who questioned me on what I asked them to do. I wouldn't shoot anyone and I wouldn't run after anyone. But I would use a taser like a watergun.

Do a Google search on his name, he severed time. Which doesn't mean a thing as I believe in second chances and I believe people can change.

If you don't believe any media outlet you are deceived. As how do you get your news? Got to get it somewhere. But I will say this all media is one sided. They only tell you what they think you want to hear. If people knew everything that has happened or is happening there would be panic in the streets so you have to do research and believe what you want to believe and take it with a grain of salt as that is what makes the world go around.

Mykull

View Profile
Posted : 7 Jun, 2020 11:38 AM

Yes, and that should not have happened. But the guy should of listened to the cops and did what he was told to. Again no reason to be killed. But have you seen the long criminal list he had. Probably not, as only one media outlet got a copy of it and reported it. Again no reason for a death, but like you said do your research.

Mykull

View Profile
Posted : 6 Jun, 2020 10:31 AM

Maybe it is just me. But from what I have seen over the years in the media, which only covers African American citizens and caucasian cops or so it seem. The African Americans almost always questions the cops and that is what starts the whole violence. A cop, usually caucasian will tell the African American to stop or put your hands up or get against the wall. And usually the African American will say, why? What did I do? What for? And the cops will say it three or four times, stop, put your hands up, get against the wall. And the African American will say three or four times why? What for? What did I do? And then that is were it escalade into a situation. All the African American has to do is not question authorities and do what they are told. Then ask questions. I know I was always taught when asked or told to do something, be like Nike and JUST DO IT!

Now none should have died over the situation. But not doing what you are asked to do or told to do will get you roughed up and will escalade the situation. That is just common sense, but common sense isn't all that common now a days. And cops only have a few seconds to figure out what to do. It's either be the hittee or the hitter or be the shootee or the shooter.

AND yes I believe it is "a not listening issue" and "not a race issue." But that is only me thinking which doesn't hold much water to anyone anyways.

Mykull

View Profile
Older folks won't be coming back to work after stay home is lifted
Posted : 24 Apr, 2020 05:03 AM

Here in Ohio we are in a stay at home orders. Most manufacturing companies and machine shops are closed up as they are not essential. Ohio is an "at will" state which means you can be let go, fired, laid off, furlough, what ever you want to call it for any reason or no reason at all and there is nothing you can do about it. Many companies have already said they are going to take this time to not call back the older employees who have worked with a company 10, 15, 20 years or more as they can hire young people right out of high school or college for half of what the older folks are making if not less then half. Of coarse this happens everyday around here. Their too old and make too much money. Of coarse they don't tell you that. They will make up some other reason then hire a young person to take your position within a week. But now with this coronavirus it has given all the companies a chance to do it without the mess. They just don't have to call them back ever. Sad but a fact. Its the world we live in today.

Mykull

View Profile
What is success?
Posted : 28 Mar, 2020 03:59 PM

I have been on a few dates and money, finances come up at one time or another. Had a gal ask me about my portfolio? Don't even have one. I think I am successful. I have a small modest home. Two cars that are 10+ years old. All paid off. No credit cards. No debt. Was always taught if you can't pay cash for it you don't need it. Don't have much of a savings. Don't have a 401k or stocks or bonds or anything like that. I work enough to cover all my bills and enjoy life. And am told that I would not attract anyone as I am not successful.

Long story short, I have had a couple of friends in their late 50's. Who lost everything to hospital bills do to losing their jobs in their 50's and their health insurance. Their advice to me. ENJOY LIFE! Work just enough to cover your bills and enjoy life. So I do and have no worries. So am I successful? Does money and happiness have anything to do with success? What is success? A guy with a mound of debt? A guy with a good heart? A good personality? Just wondering?

Mykull

View Profile
Dating outside your own religion
Posted : 7 Mar, 2020 08:16 AM

I stated a topic in another location on this site and it kind of took a turn to dating outside your own religion. So I replied to it but have decided to move it over to this thread as well.

The region I live in most women smoke. The last census said something like 65% of all women in the area smoked. I can't be around smoke of any kind. And most women in my region, again around 60% are gay or bisexual. I don't approve of it. Was always taught that was wrong. And a lot of women in my region more then 50% are atheist. Which like I said in my response in the other thread, I did that once and don't want to do it again. So it's slim pickin' s around here for a decent "normal" female. So like I stated before as long as they believe in God and the Bible and have it in their heart and soul. I would date them. As if I (we) get too specific, well, I'll die a lonely man. And at our age (40's+) we can't be that picky or have too high of standards. At this point I have almost became desperate for a female friend, companion. Not really to marry right away. Marriage is the farthest from my mind. I use to have high standards and I probably still do to a point as at our age we are all set in our ways in most ways. If I had a wish list I would want to find a female who takes pride in herself. Meaning dress to impress. I was raised with old fashioned morals and ways of thinking. I didn't own a pair of blue jeans till I was in high school as blue jeans were worn by hillbillies and white trash. And t-shirts were undershirts only. Printed t- shirts weren't allowed in the house. Now a days I have nice blue jeans I wear out. Nothing ripped, torn, or stained. I dress up when I go out. Even to the gas station or to Wal-Mart. You won't find me in a t-shirt or sweat pants or pjs in public. I feel you need to always dress to impress. But that is just me. But how much effort would it take to get up in the morning and dress up if you were going out in public? Not, all the time. Like when you aren't going out in public. Heck, when I come home from work on a Friday night I put my pjs on and don't take them off till Monday mornings most weekends as I don't leave the house so no one sees me. No harm no foul. But these are only my thoughts and the way I was raised. Right or wrong.

Mykull

View Profile
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 4 Mar, 2020 02:22 PM

I guess I should clarify my response a little better. The region I live in most women smoke. The last census said something like 65% of all women in the area smoked. I can't be around smoke of any kind. And most women in my region, again around 60% are gay or bisexual. I don't approve of it. Was always taught that was wrong. And a lot of women in my region more then 50% are atheist. Which like I said in my response, did that once don't want to do it again. So its slim pickin' s around here for a decent "normal" female. So like I stated before as long as they believe in God and the Bible and have it in their heart and soul. I would date them. As if I get too specific, well, I'll die a lonely man. At our age we can't be that picky or have too high of standards. Just my thoughts.

Mykull

View Profile
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 9 Nov, 2019 01:00 PM

I would date outside my faith. Whether it would be Baptist or Catholic or Jewish or what ever. As the way I see it we are ALL striving to get to the same place, Heaven to see our Heavenly Father. I couldn't date an atheist. Did that once and thought I would caught on fire every time I stepped into a church.

Mykull

View Profile
Too old fashioned?
Posted : 27 Sep, 2019 03:35 PM

It's obvious I am here because I am single. I have never been married. So I have to wonder if my standards are still too high. I was raised in a church. I lived in an old small country town. So my thoughts are very old fashioned and backwoodies. Anyways to get to my point I now am only really looking for a naturally born, straight, non smoking, non drug user, female. I have visited a lot of dating websites over the years and most females, I would guess 95%, are either smokers and / or bisexual or transgender. I was taught if God wanted us to smoke we would have chimneys on our heads. I was also taught that it is man and wife. Not man and man or woman and woman. I know God said to love your neighbors like you love yourself. But I can't see all this bisexual / homosexual stuff. I was raised that, that was a choice. You weren't born that way. But I digress. I was also taught that it was wrong to date outside your own race. And I don't judge anyone as that is not my job. God is the only one we have to answer to. So I keep quite about the subject but the site of interracial anything turns my stomach. I was also taught to have respect for church, God and the word of God. With that being said I was taught you had to dress up to attend church to show respect for the church and for God. And we never ever ate or drank in the sanctuary as that was a big big no no. I have visited a few churches over the years since I moved to a new area and none believe what I was taught. Peole wear t-shirts and jeans to church or old work clothes. I don't think they have respect for themselves let alone for God or the church. Then a few even served cookies and drinks and was encouraged to bring them into the sanctuary. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then of course the interracial couples. All I could not believe the pastor / preacher / minister/ etc. would let go on. If any of these thing happened at the church I grew up in the pastor would of called those people out in front of everyone. Not one on one, just in a friendly reminder like, we need to dress appropriately in the house of God, so please do so, and so on. Anyone else older then 40 feel the way I do? Or is it just me? I know I was probably taught wrong but like they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks or change their mind. Sorry for the long post and thanks you for your time.

Mykull

View Profile
Reading: Left behind The Kids
Posted : 13 Sep, 2019 03:42 PM

I hate to read!!! I have never read a whole book all the way through before. Even in school, never read a single book all the way from cover to cover. I always got book reports off of the kids a year ahead of me from their previous year and copied theirs, as that is how much I hated to read and still do! Did I mention how much I hate to read? But a neighbor told me about the series Left Behind. Then I found out there was a kids series. And lets just say I can't put them down. I have been on the series all spring and summer long. I am a slow reader. But mostly just trying to find all 40 books was a task in itself. I eventually got them all used at the dollar book store in town except for 37. I had to buy that one new. I am up to 34. After I finish I may try the adult series or I may reread the kids series as there is a lot I have forgotten. But it gives you a lot to think about. I think it was the 3rd judgement that was the wormwood asteroid. I know we don't know when Jesus is coming back, but with this big asteroid coming so close to earth in 2020 or is it 2021, or 2028, see I can't remember, anyways it makes you wonder if the end is near. And with everything going on in the world you have to wonder how much longer the Dear Lord will let it all continue. They also have The kids in an audio book in dramatic reading. May try to get those and listen to them. May learn more if I listen instead of reading.