Author Thread
NRSV1953

View Profile
Why?
Posted : 29 Apr, 2016 08:47 PM

Interestingly, I do see that same thing on some men's profiles, although most of the time he is kind enough to say in his profile which one he is. Does make it confusing! . .

NRSV1953

View Profile
My Favorite Verse(s). Quote your favorite verse(s), and let the rest find the address in scripture.
Posted : 27 Jan, 2016 02:27 PM

While the above scripture does bear repeating, it was not my intent to post it 3 times. Computer glitch?? Apologies.

NRSV1953

View Profile
My Favorite Verse(s). Quote your favorite verse(s), and let the rest find the address in scripture.
Posted : 26 Jan, 2016 03:53 PM

Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;[a] for it is written, �Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.� No, �if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.� Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jan, 2016 03:51 PM

Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;[a] for it is written, �Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.� No, �if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.� Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jan, 2016 03:50 PM

NRSV1953

View Profile
Why does no one ever reply?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2016 05:16 AM

1. Did you check to see if they've been online in the last 24 hours? There are a lot of 'abandoned' profiles on here.

2. Did you check to see if they've read the message you sent? If not, see #1 above.

3. Did you check to see if they still have a profile? IMHO, there are more scammers than there are genuine people on this site.

4. Unfortunately, even some real, genuine, active Christians on CDFF don't have the common decency to reply unless they are "interested" in us. It's sad but true, and tells us a whole lot about their lack of character.

Online dating is not for the faint of heart. . . and, at least on CDFF, we all too often have the opportunity to see the worst in people. . .

NRSV1953

View Profile
Posted : 8 Jan, 2016 07:28 AM

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;

and what does the Lord require of you

but to do justice, and to love kindness,

and to walk humbly with your God?

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 27 Dec, 2015 04:20 PM

Yup, Hisjoymypeace, fortunately with age also comes wisdom. . :)

NRSV1953

View Profile
Dress code
Posted : 27 Dec, 2015 09:36 AM

If he's trying to change you before your first date, can you imagine what he'll demand of you as time goes on? . . . Personally, I would run, and not look back but I'm not you. Best of luck cuz you're gonna need it with this one.

NRSV1953

View Profile
Christian Moral Standards
Posted : 19 Dec, 2015 08:29 PM

IKR! I've only "met" one such man who did exactly as you describe and, while nothing he said to me raised suspicion, as soon as I realized that he was at times hiding his profile, the caution flags went up. It's hard enough to know who to trust on here without genuine Christians acting in an underhanded manner.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10