Author Thread
HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Feeling "alone" when you live holy at a young age
Posted : 18 Nov, 2015 08:39 PM

Yes, I have. I began walking with the Lord in my late teens, basically, and even now, it still feels lonely much of the time. Being set apart brings about this isolated feeling.

Your purpose and calling could have a lot to do with how long God keeps you separated, especially if He's predestined you to be a leader for His kingdom. It's like a form of training and preparation. The higher the calling, the more loneliness you may feel. As they say, "It's lonely at the top."

Imagine a classroom of 30 kids. Now, imagine 29 of those kids all huddled together, and one being taken off in a corner somewhere away from the other 29.

How might that look and feel? Nonetheless, remember that when you are set apart and truly walking upright and holy before the Lord, He is there with you. It is purposeful.

In time, He will bring divine connections around you who have your best interests at heart. In the meantime, keep living according to God's word, even if you feel secluded and alone. Pursue Him and He will reward you. He will pay you back 100 fold because you are suffering for Him. Yes, loneliness feels like suffering sometimes.

Lastly, satan wants us to get so lonely we compromise and bargain with people we have no business dealing with in the first place just so we can have someone to socialize with or whatever. That never ends well. My encouragement to you is, keep focusing on the Lord and what He's requiring of you and you will be rewarded. Walking in purity and holiness, by God's grace, makes you beautiful!

Peace, blessings, favor and strength to you!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Honest answer to an age-old question please!
Posted : 21 Mar, 2012 05:50 PM

SweetCherryBlossom, I'm not a guy, but Ima answer that question for you.

You are beautiful. Sometimes though, the Lord will allow us to be/feel overlooked because it humbles us. Who knows what the future holds.

If He allowed hundreds of men to flatter you, would that stroke your ego? Might you slip into pride? I say that because I've been on both sides of the fence. The lack of confidence in myself, being overly confident in myself, when at the end of the day it's about having confidence in Him.

God knows what He's doing and at the right time you will catch the right guy's attention. Like my mama always says, "You don't need everybody to like you, just the right one!"

You are beautiful and the more confident you become in the Lord, and the way He designed you, the more your beauty will radiate. I'm speaking from experience. God bless!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile

It's not all that important to me. As long as he's in the country, that's good enough for me. Can't fornicate that way. Point blank period!

An additional benefit, is actually getting to know somebody on the inside first. If it becomes really serious and marriage is imminent, I'll just move, or vice versa.

Good question Shawon.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
lost for words
Posted : 21 Mar, 2012 05:22 PM

Interestingly enough, the Holy Spirit led me to the forum, so Ima say what needs to be said.

Zro, you gave me your number awhile back, and I went ahead and called. I wasn't interested in you romantically, which I was upfront about, but.........let's just keep it real, I caught you in lies.

Maybe that's why it's not working for you. If these women on here are children of the King, of course He will protect them from men who are deceptive. Perhaps He's reserving them for the men who best respresent Him.

With that said, may He bless you and show you how to walk worthy of your call. Deuces!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
SHUT YOUR MOUTH WOMAN !
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 03:39 PM

I really like Priscilla S. One of her study books about hearing from God is wonderful. She has another one about being in the wilderness of life.

Hmmm..now I feel like reading those books again. Thanks for bringing them back to my remembrance.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
What I have
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 03:17 PM

And praise God brother, that's all you need!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Are some of the advertisements on here inappropriate for a "christian"?
Posted : 29 Dec, 2011 02:19 PM

Believe it or not, I contacted CDFF about a month or so ago about this very thing. They said something along the lines of, they have to basically get what they can get, as far as $ from these people who post up inappropriate ads. They said they hope to eventually have enough funds to run the site with Christian ads only. Hmm...

Fortunately I'm straight, but I don't want to be seeing these scantily clad women on my screen. Lord forbid someone walks by my computer monitor. It's just not a good look. I guess I mainly contacted them about it because I thought it could possibly be a hindrance/stumbling block to some of the wonderful Christian men on this site. It's enough temptation to deal with in the world, we don't need it on "our side" too. Anyway, kudos to you for expressing your concerns! Bless you.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Am i doing something wrong?
Posted : 27 Nov, 2011 03:06 PM

It could be your location. I'm not sure. When a man messages me, I generally take him fairly seriously, and respond promptly. If I happen to check his profile and it seems vague, I lose interest in him. If he has pictures of a woman/women and I don't know who they are...lol...I lose interest. Sometimes it could just be your marital status (if you're separated, ever been divorced), kids, if you smoke or drink, etc. Possibly even the ppl you're into are not into you and the ones you're not into are into you...lol...that's the story of my life...lol...

Sometimes it seems the "real Christian" is often overlooked for the carnal one. Sorry I couldn't help more. Just hang in there and believe that the Lord has a hedge of protection around you, and perhaps He's just keeping you "hidden" from those women you're contacting, in order to preserve you for your soon-to-be wife!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
to all the ladies on here,what's a guy got to do to win your heart?
Posted : 27 Nov, 2011 02:56 PM

Well, I definitely want someone to win my heart!:glow: It just seems like it's always some hindrance. To be honest, I feel like nice women, sincerely God-fearing women never win the man. Or maybe they do. I don't think I understand the politics between men and women, even in Christianity. I'm actually saddened by the pool of men out here, but hey.

My ideal man would be blown away by me, inside and out. He would be more than happy to communicate with me daily. He would first and foremost love and obey the Lord and He would be my type physically. He would be a protector, provider and love me like Christ loves the Church, and that's a synopsis of my ideal man!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
Have you ever felt something ... a situation or your whole life ... didn't make sense?
Posted : 19 May, 2011 08:07 AM

BarefootGuy, thanks so much.

I needed to hear that.

I like when the lady said...

"This is the crucial question we must all answer as we stand before the impossible. Will we believe or let the fog of pain obliterate our sense of God�s presence in our lives? Will we trust Him no matter what or give into disillusionment and doubt? Will we choose faith in God over faith in an outcome?"

The Lord asked me to do something BIG. I was afraid, I did it and thought that I would be blessed exceedingly abundantly...but no, I've been going through so much mess. It's hard when you obey and things spiral "downward."

I guess it's just like the children of Israel. The Lord called them out of Egypt (slavery/bondage) to the Promised Land. In the meantime, they had to go THROUGH the wilderness (lack/tough times/depending on God more than ever, etc.).

Once again, thanks for this post. I needed it. It's very encouraging. I pray the Lord brings love and encouragement to you for blessing others.:glow:

PS--I love Charles Stanley!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10