Author Thread
song0joy

View Profile
Interracial Relationships
Posted : 5 Aug, 2014 01:50 PM

I want to say this. I have been in a careful relationship with an African immigrant for the past year. I do not think there is anything wrong with interracial mixing. But I do realize that what comes along with that is a mixing of culture and ideas. It is easy to get caught up in the novelty of being with someone who is so different and appealing, and those might all be good qualities which we value. Just make sure that you are not blind to the differences in personality and ways of thinking, i.e. do not be blind to differences in values and faith, and the different way that this person may view you or herself. We all grow up under certain expectations, and we may live with the opinion of ourselves imposed by our families and the world, but the goal is to put those things aside and make sure to see ourselves as Christ sees us, as beautiful and precious and needful of the grace which he offers in the Spirit. The opinion of the world does not matter in God's eyes, but he does care to see that your love is genuine, based on his example, and that you are equally yoked with a believer who feels as you do about the most important things you value.

song0joy

View Profile
Interracial Relationships
Posted : 5 Aug, 2014 01:50 PM

I want to say this. I have been in a careful relationship with an African immigrant for the past year. I do not think there is anything wrong with interracial mixing. But I do realize that what comes along with that is a mixing of culture and ideas. It is easy to get caught up in the novelty of being with someone who is so different and appealing, and those might all be good qualities which we value. Just make sure that you are not blind to the differences in personality and ways of thinking, i.e. do not be blind to differences in values and faith, and the different way that this person may view you or herself. We all grow up under certain expectations, and we may live with the opinion of ourselves imposed by our families and the world, but the goal is to put those things aside and make sure to see ourselves as Christ sees us, as beautiful and precious and needful of the grace which he offers in the Spirit. The opinion of the world does not matter in God's eyes, but he does care to see that your love is genuine, based on his example, and that you are equally yoked with a believer who feels as you do about the most important things you value.

song0joy

View Profile
Wife Software Problems
Posted : 30 Aug, 2013 05:19 PM

:ROFL:

song0joy

View Profile
How do you decide who to marry?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2013 08:57 PM

These are the signs I am looking for in a good husband, and what they mean to me...

1) Someone who Loves God

He must be someone who prays, reads his bible, and tries to live in integrity, even when it is the hard thing to do.

2) Someone who Loves Me

As proof of his love, he must show that he is willing to:

...communicate...take the time to work out any issues or concerns we come across, and not just ignore them.

...show self-control...wait for marriage, respect boundaries, and even go so far as to be the example in trying to lead a relationship that is free of sin and close to God.

...show affection/consideration...this is difficult to do when you are trying to live righteous lives, but he would be someone who finds ways to express his feelings and his hopes and his intentions.

3) Someone whom I Love

To know that I love him, I must be able to lift him up in prayer and to think and act on his well-being. I must be able to forgive him quickly of all faults, flaws, and transgressions. I must be able to trust him as a person, and see good interaction between him and my family. I want to be able to see a future, to share dreams, and strive for the same goals. Because, if I am to love, serve, and obey my husband, I want to know that I have chosen someone who leads by example, serves others, and has the same basic hopes for the future that I do.

song0joy

View Profile
How important is attraction in pursuing a christian relationship?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2013 11:56 AM

I recently began a relationship with someone who is fairly young in the faith. I did not realize exactly how young until we were already dating, so he didn't fully understand my desire to wait for marriage. We speak very openly about the subject of sex because it is necessary for us to understand each other, our feelings about love, about marriage, and about commitment. I think that each relationship is a little different and requires a different approach. To be sure, the idea of being able to share ones feelings openly is part of what makes a relationship precious. I would say simply that you need to keep everything in context. Love will increase your desires for one another, even as you practice abstinence and propriety. Keep it in the context of what is hoped for, but do not go into detail, because that will light a fire that you might find difficult to put out.

song0joy

View Profile
Relationship Policy for CDFF
Posted : 10 Aug, 2013 11:51 PM

I hope you are not blaming an open forum website for the sin of an individual. It is like going into a concert or grocery store or crowded room and shouting 'INFIDELS!' Some are, and some aren't. A website is just that, an electronic representation of a mixed community. Some use it for good and some use it for evil. To be sure, it can have no spiritual properties because it is a thing, not a quite a living breathing organism. I have found some strange people on this website, and some wonderful. It does no one any good to go on a witch hunt against an object.

song0joy

View Profile
OPEN LETTER TO ALL THE LADIES!!!
Posted : 24 Apr, 2013 03:27 PM

I'm happy that you see the need for change. A sin can become a generational curse. It takes determination to break the cycle and the curse with the help of Christ. And I'm happy that my post came across as helpful in the way I intended it.

song0joy

View Profile
About my thinking
Posted : 24 Apr, 2013 02:54 PM

I love it.

song0joy

View Profile
http://youtu.be/ssFHNa2O7aU MY NEW MUSIC VIDEO
Posted : 15 Apr, 2013 11:07 PM

I liked it, but I think there was a little too much voice correcting. I know you were using it as an effect, but the lyrics are your goal and your message, not your secret.

song0joy

View Profile
First Dates: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Posted : 15 Apr, 2013 10:59 PM

That does sound like a perfect date!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7