Author Thread
a208x1a^

View Profile
Christian or Secular, is There a Difference?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2021 04:23 PM

If you're not open to others' opinions, have fun with that. Have a great day!

a208x1a^

View Profile
How do you differentiate one woman from another?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2021 04:15 PM

Not to totally disagree with LIttleDavid, I think there are two other issues involved for men and women. 1 Corinthians 12:10 lists distinguishing of spirits as a spiritual gift. If a person is not very astute as distinguishing spirits, they can easily be tricked for a time, which brings up another issue. If you don't have the gift of distinguishing of spirits (discernment), it can take a long time for things like those mentioned in LittleDavid's quotes to come out. I'm not a confrontational person, so it wasn't until I was already married and went through many hardships that I finally chose to confront my wife. When I saw her reaction (pride), it then became clear. Having said all that, it doesn't mean the person is not saved. A person can be saved and still behave in an unGodly manner. We see that in Paul's letters to the Corinthians. A man was sleeping with his stepmother, yet he was still part of the Body of Christ.

a208x1a^

View Profile
Protecting Your Families
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 07:51 PM

This appears to be a covid-19 fear, not a Biblically-centered concern.

a208x1a^

View Profile
Family
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 07:15 PM

You say man is the head of the household then you say marriage should be an equal partnership. Which is it?

You can't hold men responsible when the woman is an equal partner.

a208x1a^

View Profile
Family
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 07:13 PM

You are holding men respon

a208x1a^

View Profile
Free and Open Source Software
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 02:22 PM

I know it's old, but I can't help it. I use open source regularly for instructional purposes. I use OpenShot Video Editor and Freecam 8 for video capture and editing and Audacity for audio capture and editing. All work great!

a208x1a^

View Profile
Raspberry Pi
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 02:14 PM

It appears as if the original poster is no longer here, but for those who may come around, the answer is yes. Raspberry pi is an excellent, low-cost alternative to a pc in the classroom for presenting material. If all your material is already online, all you need is an internet connection and a device like Raspberry pi to present.

a208x1a^

View Profile
Christian or Secular, is There a Difference?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 12:22 PM

One might argue that all things are sacred. By that I mean that God is the Creator of all things (your example of sand). One might also go so far as propose that even in your example of Jimmy, we find the sacred. By that I mean that Jimmy's actions are in agreement with God's truth that we are all fallen creatures in need of a Savior.

However, if we look to the Scriptures, as we should, the Greek word "hieros" is translated as sacred. It's etymology is unknown, but it generally means, "offered in sacrifice, consecrated to God." Examples include the sacrificial offerings. Thayer's Greek Lexicon has, "its primary sense is thought to be mighty."

The word "secular" does not appear in any English translations of the Bible other than the NLT where it's used where other versions have "unrighteous."

I would suggest that the issue of music should fall under the guidelines of 1 Corinthians 10. We have an obligation to do all things for the glory of God, but we do not have a right to impose specific laws upon another that God has not specified. God has not said, "Don't listen to Johnny Cash, Mozart, Neil Young, Celine Dion," etc. so we should not impose that upon another. If we are concerned that a brother's or sister's choice of music might be harmful for them, we should pray for them and allow the Holy Spirit to bring the conviction. Even music that we might consider vile, filled with messages of adultery, drug use, etc., could be used by God to move that person to participate in ministry to fight those things. We just don't know.

a208x1a^

View Profile
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 31 Dec, 2020 01:04 PM

I tried that once, and it didn't work. There are way too many variables that cannot be discovered by long distance. There are so many cultural differences of which we cannot be aware until we are confronted with them. We can dress the same, talk the same, and have a lot of the same experiences in life, but there can still be those unknowns. My experience dealt with woman from Kenya. She was a dean at a university. I'm in education. We had a lot of great conversations. I assumed a university dean would have a modern, western mindset. Then right when I was getting ready to go to Kenya, I learned that her father expected a dowry payment from me for his daughter. That blew me away. I had no idea that I would have to "buy" a university dean from her father. That caused me to step back and re-evaluate our relationship. If that was a way of thinking for her culture, I couldn't help but wonder what other customs that I would find unacceptable might appear after we were married.

a208x1a^

View Profile
Your ideal woman?
Posted : 31 Dec, 2020 12:55 PM

Because not all men are alike, I can only speak for myself. My ideal woman is one with whom I have a lifetime of experiences in common, which means she has to understand and accept me. There must be physical attraction too, but for the most part, there are no specifics for me. I have noticed that people tend to be attracted to people who look like them. I have brown eyes, and I have a natural attraction for brown eyes. I can't explain that, but it's true for me, and I have noticed it over the years in observing other couples.

Page : 1 2