Author Thread
Proverbschick

View Profile
Words from the heart
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:26 PM

I like this a lot. Is it to your ex?

Proverbschick

View Profile
Does height really matter? Would you marry a short guy?
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 10:19 PM

Actually strawberi, he is 5'10 and she is 6'4 borderlining 6'5. She never thought in a million years she would marry someone shorter thatn she.

I know stereotypically a female prefers a taller man, but a lot prefer one that is close to their height. Or at least in my case I do. If they are too much taller, I feel like they are talking over me, and if they too much shorter, they are at a good height to "accidentally" faceplantd into a specific female area. I guess it really depends. Shorter guys do tend to have a better personality.

Proverbschick

View Profile
Regain your masculinity
Posted : 2 Jul, 2008 10:26 PM

"Wild At Heart" is an excellent book! For the guys to really understand the other side...read "Captivating" by Stasi and John Eldridge. It is the femal side to "Wild At Heart". For men, it will really get you to see and understand the nature of a woman, and thus allow you to be a little more sympathetic. For women, it is a great book to help heal your wounds, whether you realize you have them or not. It causes you to really take a long, hard look inside yourself. I would recommend these to any pre-dating (courting), dating, engaged, or married couples to read and discuss. I would also recommend them to singles looking because it will help you grow more as a person both emotionally and spiritually. Thus preparing you for the mate God has for you.

Proverbschick

View Profile
Christain Daddy (25)
Posted : 2 Jul, 2008 10:10 PM

I personally am not a mom, let alone a single mom....however, I have a high respect for single fathers. I know it is hard for a woman to be a single mom, but I also know that not many understand the struggles of a single father. I have to commend you on being the man and the father God has made you to be. It is not something you see very often.

Proverbschick

View Profile
Words from the heart
Posted : 27 Jun, 2008 08:11 AM

I've been thinking, crying and praying

My life seems to have consumed me

Why do I allow this?

The hurt, the anger, the stress...

The boundaries on my emotions have seemed to all but

disappear

Alas, I realize it is time to start new.

Heal the wounds,

Replenish the seed that has so long been tangled in the

snare.

I ask you, oh Lord, help this seed to take deep root and lead

to new growth,

So I will be ready for your Harvest.

Proverbschick

View Profile
War movie fans (women only)
Posted : 20 Jun, 2008 10:32 AM

Cold mountain, the alamo and a very long engagement were all very very good movies. I cannot say that I have seen "All Is Quiet On The Western Front", but I can say that it was one of my favorite "required" readings in highschool.

Proverbschick

View Profile
Paying students to study?!!
Posted : 19 Jun, 2008 06:02 AM

I agree to a certain extent. I feel that if the schools cam up with new and innovative ways for people to learn, it would spark intrest. The money portion I think does make them want to "try" harder, but I think the reason a lot give up is because they are not stimulated. Example, I learned basically the same junk for 8 years. The difference between a remedial class, an advance calss and an AP class, was the amount of homework. No class was any further along than another. AP classes did give you college credit, however, when you are already getting 4-6 hours of homework a night in a remedial class, why would you want to add to that? I think by a lot of schools moving to block scheduling, they are able to aleve some of the bordom, and people are able to graduate earlier, and start working towards their careers. It also helps to sift out some of the bs credits that some schools require you to have (ie electives). I know for me, my senior year was a bunch of classes I didn't need to take, but had to for the credits. None of them have helped equip me for what I am doing now. In fact, most of them I slept through and passed with A's. What does that say about the education system in America?

Proverbschick

View Profile
Is it all about looks?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2008 05:40 AM

Yes, men are visual...however, there are a lot of them that decide they don't want to talk to someone because they are not blonde, or have decent rack, or a size negative 2. To a point it's almost unfair to themselves. They are allowing themselves to miss out on a lot of great opportunities. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We are wonderfully and fearfully made. I think it's sad that a lot of guys don't even consider being friends with girls because of the same above mentioned items. Yes men are visual, but have any of them stopped to think that the more you get to know a person, the more you get to know their heart, the better they inevitable will look to you. The same is for the vice versa. To clarify, you can have a female that is kinda of homely, but she has the greatest attitude, a heart for God, a vision and passion for life, and a personality that just cannot be beat. She's the type that you want to get to know more. Then there's the super hot model type, with a snobbish attitude, material metality, and maybe not so great of a personality. Of course there are the tweeners as well, but that's another story. Most of them are already taken :goofball: Anyway, the point is, most men will naturally flock to the super hot model, and try to win her affection. It seems like your always complaining "nice guys finish last", but what do you expect when you don't give nice girls a chance?

Proverbschick

View Profile
Words from the heart
Posted : 17 Jun, 2008 12:14 PM

What do you think of having a forum in which you can post poetry for others to read and comment? We can start it here if you like.

Proverbschick

View Profile
Why does it seem like being innocent is Bad?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2008 07:48 AM

The goal should be marraige, however, societal views have corrupted the integrity of many people. Everywhere you look, "sex" is jumping out at you. In the clothing that is made, in magazines, movies, commercials, etc. To stay abstinent and wait for your wife, is truely a test of patience and faith. In todays' world, it is hard for a girl to be a virgin, but it is even harder for a guy. I have to give you kudos to your decision. Have patience and keep the faith. You never know when your future spouse will enter your life. Just know that in your waiting,God is not only preparing you for your one, he is also preparing her for you. God Bless.