Author Thread
Arborius

View Profile
suicide
Posted : 31 Dec, 2012 04:55 PM

No the word is not in the bible as far as I know but murder is a sin and suicide is murdering yourself.

Mark 3:29-30

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin�� 30 because they were saying, �He has an unclean spirit.�

1 Corinthians 6:19

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

19 Or do you not know that your body is a [a]temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from [b]God, and that you are not your own?

I believe dying without being saved is denying the Holy Spirit and since you are dead you can't be forgiven but murder or suicide would be destroying the "temple of the Holy Spirit" which would also result in eternal hell. But that being said it is just my opinion and when it comes down to judgement day it is Jesus who makes that decision not I trust Jesus to always do the right thing.

Arborius

View Profile
Christian Spouse
Posted : 31 Dec, 2012 04:36 PM

I enjoyed reading these commandments. Thank you for posting them.

Arborius

View Profile
Ohio/WV
Posted : 31 Dec, 2012 04:09 PM

I'm just looking for local Christian friends for now at least until my divorce is final on Jan 15th.

Arborius

View Profile
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 23 Dec, 2012 10:29 AM

Sex outside of marriage is a sin. We sometimes try to pick and choose which parts of the bible to believe because we convince ourselves that we will eventually be married and then God will forgive us. We somehow believe that marriage equals repentance but you're only burdening your marriage with past sins and the more partners you had before your marriage the more likely you are to compare your spouse to past partners. That being said lust is powerful and it is a difficult emotion to overcome and many Christians fail to be chaste. The secret is to know the difference between regret and repentance and if you truly repent you will be forgiven.