Author Thread
InGodsGrip

View Profile
7 years of missions- demonstrating the Gospel while preaching it like Jesus
Posted : 6 Oct, 2019 10:52 PM

God bless you brother! Keep on Keepin' on for the Kingdom of God! I prayed for you just now. We need more true believers like you.

InGodsGrip

View Profile
Recent Breakup Due to Religion
Posted : 6 Oct, 2019 09:58 PM

Yes, and it helps me to remember A. Thou shalt not cover the neighbors relationship. And B. I may well have been in love with the idea of being in love more than the person who I was with. And C. Give yourself praise for going through the pain without losing your cool or your joy. Nothing given up for the sake of the cross is ever a waste. God bless you and feel free to write back if you want to.

InGodsGrip

View Profile
Remarriage Yea or Nah ?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2017 06:47 PM

There is one thing that is being overlooked in our culture that is vastly different than biblical times. If a spouse committed adultery, the penalty was death by stoning. Biblically speaking, a betrayed spouse would have been a widdow/er. So many well-intentioned Christians have wounded those who've already been hurt by shackling them with perpetual singleness as if it were some sort of punishment for a divorce they never wanted and would have avoided if at all possible. It takes two to make a marriage work, but it only takes one to destroy it.

InGodsGrip

View Profile
Hurt, Heartbroken, and Lost
Posted : 20 Jun, 2017 03:07 PM

Sounds to me like you fell into the infatuation trap. I've been there. In my case we dated & did as much together as we could for 3 months. I met him in the "real world," not online. Very soon he new my family, I knew his family & it was overwhelmingly obvious we were crazy for each other. Until... he up and decided he didn't want it anymore. Dropped me like a hot rock. I hate to say it, but if that wasn't "real love" after 3 months of real world togetherness, there's no way a week on the internet with someone you never met is the real thing either. I feel your pain. It hurt like crazy because we were looking towards marriage in discussion. Freely talked about it with no fear for either of us. Tons of chemistry & personality gelled... until! Until? "This can't be happening" ... but it did. "It was so real " ... but it wasn't. And we had fallen for each other so fast that we were both swept over the waterfall. It was short & sweet but ended bitterly. Such is the great unfairness of life. For me, healing took roots when I realized I was in love with who I made him out to be in my mind. And that I let him be my source of happiness instead of finding joy in the Lord, people will let you down. Repeatedly. I'm sorry she broke your heart, but learn the lesson to not give in so fast to the twitterpation.. easier said than done, I know. If it's meant to be, and if it's meant to last, it'll come with time. It must have a foundation of friendship to weather the storm of life. Hope my words help & encourage you.