Author Thread
CuriousGeorge

View Profile
The future of online dating
Posted : 3 Aug, 2015 03:33 PM

Starting with 20-30 members will not generate enough income to run the site especially if the fee is one time. But if you would like to spend from your pocket to make it happen then more power to you.

"People should not be so picky and you know if the world's population was just that many they would have to pair off anyways."

It doesn't work that way. You need to grow as fast as possible. A dating website with only a few dozen members is useless. Checking each photo/video will be time consuming with numerous members but if you have nothing better to do then more power to you.

"A lot of introverted people are afraid but God told me through experience that I needed to get out of my own shell so I am hoping other introverts do the same."

You would need a better plan to get the introverts out than "hope"

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Posted : 3 Aug, 2015 10:17 AM

-if you are not going to pre-approve the photos/videos before they can be seen then scammers will upload blank photos/videos and make the regulation invalid

-you'd be surprised to find out how many persons (legit users) do not want a mail sent to their actual address

-if you limit site access to countries where it is cheap to send mail then you further limit your already limited number of users

-you are overlooking expenses. paypal will take a cut from your income and let's not forget the paypal scammers through credit card charge-backs. and even if you use other sites to upload your photos/videos, web hosting still isn't cheap.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Posted : 2 Aug, 2015 11:21 PM

some regulation is needed but you must remember these sites are businesses. More users = more money. A site like the one you suggested will chase many legit users along with the scammers (especially the sending mail to their address part).

It will also be costly if you plan to approve every picture/video for each profile before uploading. You may find a niche of serious users but I doubt it will be enough to keep up with maintenance cost.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Posted : 2 Aug, 2015 08:58 PM

Quite a bit of regulations there. Do you plan to build this website your self?

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
not gonna be here for a while
Posted : 7 Jul, 2015 03:36 PM

you're going to let a cyber bully stop you from using a website? okay

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Do you think she's pretty?
Posted : 3 Jul, 2015 09:19 AM

Bruce may be "gone" but Caitlyn is still a man playing dress up. He even kept his male parts :rolleyes:

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Do you think she's pretty?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2015 07:40 PM

Why are we referring to Mr. Jenner as "she" though?

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Why?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2015 07:31 PM

"Can't you just care about the woman for who she is underneath the face?"

This only happens in real life after/whilst getting to know the person through whatever mutual activity.

When online, we (both men and women) don't know anyone underneath the face. So if we're going to force taking the time off to get to know some random person then we may as well chose a preferable (looks wise) random person.

So yes, photos are really that important in online dating.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Please be straight to the point
Posted : 23 Jun, 2015 01:33 AM

umm... were you suggesting a new forum topic?

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
"Transgender-ism Surprise"
Posted : 21 Jun, 2015 10:56 AM

just ask for pics of when they were younger

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11