Author Thread
Jeje85

View Profile
Do you think it is possible to have electricity and decent internet in the middle of jungle?
Posted : 29 May, 2014 08:45 AM

Dear brother and sisters in Christ,

I have been dreaming about this tree house where I can still get proper electricity and connected to internet in the middle of jungle (literally). Sounds almost surreal, I know...but I trust my God who usually likes to surprise me through many wonderful ways, including this site! :)

This is not just ordinary tree house.

There is a long term project to open an alternative school in the jungle of Borneo for the native tribes (who are mostly practicing animism). We want to reach out these people just the thing that breaks our heart is, most of them don't even know how to read and write! There are some audio bible on progress, but yeah..being able to read and write will also help their cognitive skill to understand bible deeper. With this tree house/school, we hope in the future at least these people can read and write to help them understanding the bible deeper.

So, if anyone of you is electrician or IT guys who wouldn't mind sharing some experiences/information to me, I would really appreciate that.

Also, for you who likes to read books, is there any useful site you can share to me where I can get used books from people or buy books with low prices? (book references: Christian books, any books to help the villagers to write/read; bible comics maybe, science for kids, mathematics, etc.) I am also looking for sites where I can order educative games for kids with low prices.

Thanks so much for taking time reading this. Any inputs or suggestions would be very much appreciated. With your information, you are already participating to spread the Good News about The living truth to those who haven't known God yet.

Greetings from sunny part of the world! :)

God bless,

Jessica

Jeje85

View Profile
Android/Mac/Microsoft/Others?
Posted : 29 May, 2014 07:55 AM

Haha thanks for very detailed responses, Somedude1. I used Linux (Ubuntu/Linux Mint) for a while and felt comfortable as it is open source. Though, recently I wanted to turn to Apple but I didn't know much details about its flaws. Do you think they (Apple) are also pro-homosexuality? Microsoft is seriously not safe. Ironic thing is that there are still many banks use Microsoft to run their ATMs)

Anyway,thanks again for useful sites you posted there. I think I will stick to Linux/others then. xD

Jeje85

View Profile
Anyone is interested to work with tribes or being a missionary pilot in Indonesia?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 01:22 PM

If you are interested to serve Him by being a missionary spreading the Words to the tribes who haven't heard anything about Christ yet OR being a missionary pilot working with certain organizations here to work with the tribes at the remote villages in some spots in Indonesia..... I have some contacts maybe useful for you. Feel free to contact me :)

Jeje85

View Profile
Did Scientists Create Life?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 01:07 PM

Animations Demonstrate Incredible Complexity of Cells:

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2010/11/15/science/1248069334032/the-animators-of-life.html

�Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:� Hebrews 1:3

Jeje85

View Profile
Interests (Forum) and Logging records (Function)
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 12:23 PM

I have realized that many people here have a heap of various interests. Maybe the Admin team could make a space for people to start topics based on their interests (like Photography, etc) instead of just limiting on music, movies etc.

I mean like this; the title would "Interests" and the subtitle would be, for example: music, movies, sports, photography, arts, computer, science, books, celebrities, cooking/recipes, etc. I think it would look more organized so people won't be confused. Confusion happens when people do not know where to post their new topic when they cannot find the right forum to post it/doesn't match with the forum title.

Also, for logging records, I find it is better for members to know when a profile last logged in so we would know if that profile is still active or not concerning there are heaps of people being members here. It would be less heart-breaking to know that we do not get any replies just because a profile is apparently never active anymore. haha silly, but that is true. :/

That's all from me for now, thank you so much for your time and concerns. This is a great site! You admin guys have done good job so far! Keep rocking! God bless! :)

Jeje85

View Profile
Android/Mac/Microsoft/Others?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 12:04 PM

Which one is your preferences and why? Just curious. Feel free to share your experiences/thoughts. :D

Greets, -Jess

Jeje85

View Profile
Any National Geography Lovers around? ^^
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 12:00 PM

I am photography freak. I love National Geography both channels and books. looking for inspiring people who have the same interest. ^_^

Jeje85

View Profile
Anyone into Cars?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 10:44 AM

ME!! I love Jeep and Volkswagen Beetles! Aren't they just classy and cute? <3

Old cars tho, I have a weird taste, I know..

Jeje85

View Profile
Last active
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 10:30 AM

I wonder if anyone has ever suggested the Admin to do something about this?

Jeje85

View Profile
Movies are real...
Posted : 28 Aug, 2013 08:39 AM

One of my habit is quoting some interesting quotes from a movie. Some is applicable in a real life, and some are just inspiring but some are just too good to be true.

Page : 1 2 3