Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
If a guy suddenly teases you, could it mean he likes you?
Posted : 17 Jul, 2023 06:26 PM

It could mean that he likes you... or that he is checking your sense of humor, or that he just has a teasing type of personality, or it takes time for him to trust someone enough to tease them, or, or, or...please set yourself up for good future relationships and get comfortable asking other people questions as to why they said or did something. Just asking the questions will give you insight on thier maturity and ability to share what makes them "tick." May the Lord Bless You with His wisdom and courage

1jon310

View Profile
To wait or not to wait..that is the ?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2023 07:24 PM

My understanding of your word "peer" is to mean other men... If so then no I do not receive any pressure. You would have to be within my sphere to understand that I suppose.

If you are speaking of women... Then there has been some "pressure." There is a lot of brokenness in the world and the church. Much of this "pressure" I chalk up to women being so used to be chased, propositions and just plain disrespected that when they are treated with the respect that is their due as being created in God's image and a co heir of His kingdom, that they feel rejected and move on.

I have led boundaries groups and have put boundaries down in writing. When beginning a new relationship I bring it out and try to discuss them. Some try to test my boundaries and some just leave. The few that remain I cherish.

When mentoring younger men I encourage them to also set and write down boundaries to share. Few do.

May the Lord sanctify us for His glory

1jon310

View Profile
Would you find it odd of another guy messaged you?
Posted : 23 Apr, 2023 07:37 PM

Have made male friends on dating sites. There is a seeking friends option. Works for male or female. Have not seen any lately but there have been men identifying as women on this site seeking men also.

Sadly "Christian" has become a broad category that means a lot of things to different people. Few people actually hold to what the Bible actually says without changing it to justify their own sinful proclivities.

1jon310

View Profile
This guy overmessages me, should I respond
Posted : 15 Apr, 2023 02:55 PM

You confronted him about his behavior and when he did not stop you ceased communication with him. (Not ghosting.) You are seeking council. Your character is intact.

Any person, be they male or female that will not take "NO" for an answer is not a person who respects boundaries. Such a person will only hurt you in the long run.

If this person is real then they should either fix their computer or at least understand that you are not comfortable with attention from them and move along.

May the Lord grant You His wisdom

1jon310

View Profile
Who should send the first message and/or wink?
Posted : 12 Apr, 2023 04:51 PM

Go ahead and send a message. It seems like most of the accounts are not active here anyway. A couple sentences and then throw in a question that requires some thought from the reciever is good. Winks very often elicit no response.

May the Lord guide you and keep you

1jon310

View Profile
" So called christian Men " aren't godly husbands! They just attend church
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 07:38 PM

Agreed. Not seeing the question here though.

Reminds me of the churches that teach this on fathers day. However, it is feared that if they taught likewise on mothers day the women would leave in mass.

Here is to looking forward to the time when God's work is completed in us all and we are completed in Christ, remade in His image.

1jon310

View Profile
Should I send a friendly message or move on
Posted : 26 Feb, 2023 06:15 PM

Are you looking for some one to minister to, some one who you can be in charge of or do you want a relationship of equality between you both?

If you are looking for the latter then I would suggest that it would be best in the long term to move on.

May the Lord grant you His wisdom

1jon310

View Profile
Ladies, Why Do Women Send Subliminal Messages to Men?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2023 06:25 PM

Personally I like encourage the other person to share of the thereself freely but as not on a planned out list. As far as the important questions about faith, I ask them to share their testimony. If they have no testimony then we are not on the same path and they need evangelised.

1jon310

View Profile
What do you think this guy wanted?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2023 05:47 PM

Good for you that you did not meet him at night.

What was he thinking/motives/whatever?... Pretty difficult to ascertain what they may be. I would be hesitant to try to continue any kind of relationship with someone who was that closed about themselves unless it was in a ministering one.

You lasted longer than i have in the same situation (genders reversed of course) as i find it too much work to continue trying to drag information and conversation out of someone that we are supposed to be building a relationship together with.

You are right to expect an explanation. And probably a change in how he continues in the relationship or move on to someone who will be your equal.

1jon310

View Profile
Girl with no (real) photo - emancipated or unfair?
Posted : 14 Dec, 2022 06:14 PM

Thank You NG...Your profile reads well and displays a an uncommon depth among the many profiles that I have read. As you mentioned selfies, it is one of my life goals to not take a selfie before I die. No reason to scare the children after all.

As for the photos in profiles...getting a glimpse of another person's heart (as opposed to a picture of their face) can be much more elusive. And something that is worthy of being treasured for a life time.

My two cents anyway.

May you all find the treasure within your own hearts that yearns for He who made you...

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10