Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 01:24 PM

Rambo: I think that you are right on topic. I understand that many women want a man to make an effort to get to know them or pursue them, but when on line relationships are considered we all need to make an effort to put ourselves out there so that the other person can see that we are worth making an effort for. This is a Christian dating site and I have, perhaps a too high of an expectation, that a person on this site should then be able to express something of their relationship with Jesus.

I suspect that many people are on a Christian dating site not because they desire a relationship with a devoted Christian who is on fire for Jesus but because they are just looking for a "nice" spouse. Someone who will make their existence comfortable. Not someone that they can serve the Lord side by side with. Personally I would rather have someone beside me where we can stoke each other fire and not someone to meerly sit beside the fire with in our rocking chairs and wait for death to come. (Metaphorically speaking)

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 4 Oct, 2017 07:36 PM

JZ: We may be looking for different things on this site, or others like, it but most of us are looking for depth in a companion, partner or spouse. Who wants or has the time to contact every person and message or converse with them to excavate trying to find depth of character and spirit? But to each their own.

1jon310

View Profile
Would you... or would you not, consider the idea of 'an arranged marriage'?
Posted : 3 Oct, 2017 05:18 PM

I do remember that several years ago it was said that the young people of the time considered marriage to be something that changed with the seasons of their lives. In this concept they would find a different spouse for each season of life. I have wondered for years how many times a person needs to be remarried before they realize that they are just using the illusion of marriage to justify adultery.

1jon310

View Profile
Would you... or would you not, consider the idea of 'an arranged marriage'?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 02:30 PM

Marriage was at first and still is God's idea. His plan. Adam and Eve had an arranged marriage. A marriage whether performed before a pastor, a priest, a judge, etc.. has been and always will be a binding covenant with GOD. It is the idolatry of ourselves that decieves us into believing that we can break that covenant.

I would not turn down and arranged marriage. Having an experienced person who is objective and seriously desires the best for all persons involved would be preferential to being young and foolish, making decisions based upon hormones. A match maker that seeks to do God's will would be preferred to hormones. Frankly if marriages were decided upon according to Biblical standards there would probably be fewer marriages because immature people would not be allowed to marry.

As long as society despises marriage and the church patterns itself after society instead of God's plan, we shall continue be witnesses to broken marriages and families.

To be clear and restate: Yes I would agree with an arranged marriage but only as long as Biblical standards are placed paramount.

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 1 Oct, 2017 12:50 PM

Rambo: You expounded well and as I expected. If I may boil it down to one word... Strength. That is what most MEN are looking for in a woman in any kind of a relationship. The feminist movement has worked hard to destroy true masculinity but in so doing it has also destroyed true femininity. There is a strength in the feminine that men admire and the culture has vilified. That strength of the feminine fits perfectly where the masculine is weak and visa versa.

I would like to see some women comment on this. Feel free to disagree one and all.

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 30 Sep, 2017 06:33 PM

Rambo Do tell. Personally i suspect that most women are not used to making the effort to attract men. BUT this is the internet and a Christian dating site, so I wonder what the women are trying to convey about their spiritual depth when they write so little about themselves. There are a lot of mature people here (not age related) and just having a pretty picture is often not enough. I know that for myself if the picture looks good but there is not depth conveyed in the rest I will move on to a profile that does not have a picture but speaks of the woman's heart.

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 29 Sep, 2017 04:02 PM

Every so often I read through some of the men's profiles looking for testimonies. I have found that mostly the men create better profiles then the women do. The men depict more spiritual depth then the women do. Assuming that everyone is sincere I would have to give a kudo to my brothers.

So many women have one liners that say nothing about themselves Some do not even have that much. I think that I know the answer but I ask anyway:

Why do many of the women put less effort into their profiles then the men do? Ladies feel free to chime in.

1jon310

View Profile
Why are guys answering questions to the girls?
Posted : 21 Sep, 2017 06:26 PM

Pick the answer that you like:

1. Because we are working on our feminine side?

2. Because we live in a couture that feminizes men?

3. Because the church has been working to feminize men for decades?

4. Because there is not enough to keep us busy on the ASK MEN forum?

5. Because some of us would rather have a FAMILY ROOM where we can all discuss things and not be separated by gender? (My favorite)

6. Because we don't have a date to go on?

7. Feel free to add your own...

1jon310

View Profile
Expectations. Dos And Don'ts
Posted : 21 Sep, 2017 06:19 PM

Sister: I hope that you are not expecting a simple list of rules to follow. It has been said and taught often that the thing that men need most is to be respected. The difficulty arises here because as each man and woman are unique we show and receive respect and also Love differently. I would suggest that you place more emphasis on being yourself and growing in Christ likeness. If you reflect Jesus in who you are and what you do, you will attract people who are attracted to Jesus and the people who are still living in rebellion to Jesus will not desire a righteous relationship with you. Beware of the wolves in sheep's clothing. Blessings r

1jon310

View Profile
MR. RIGHT
Posted : 23 Aug, 2017 05:46 PM

I do not doubt what you are saying one bit. I can be grumpy but smiling inside (or outwardly if behind a screen) and fully enjoy the moment. There are those though who are grumpy simply because they have little joy in their lives and desire with sincerity to bring others into their company so that they can prove themselves to be "Right" no matter the cost.

Sincerely

perhaps

r

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13