Author Thread
Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Experiencing God's renewal #1
Posted : 7 Aug, 2016 11:58 AM

Amen brother Rand!! Just stay on HIS path of righteousness...seeking and serving HIM with your whole heart! Be blessed.

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
WHY IS SEX A PROBLEM IN MARRIAGE??
Posted : 29 Jul, 2016 07:41 PM

In my opinion, sex is not the problem in marriage! It becomes a problem however when we don't acknowledge and obey God's will, principles and plans ordained for it! As unsaved individuals, the worlds' system regarding sexual relationships is the order of the day.

But when you are now claiming Christ as your Savior, God's Word is the ONLY guideline a man or women should abide by regarding sex and marriage:

1 Cor. 7:2-5--Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every women have her own husband. 3) Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 4) The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5) Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your continency.

God's will regarding sex and marriage takes a lot of the guess work out of what we should or shouldn't do in our intimate relationships with one another! Of course praying and discussing issues openly and maturely before marriage, is by all means a must(smile)!! Be blessed.

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Guys, What makes the profile more appealing to you
Posted : 21 Jul, 2016 10:20 PM

I'm not sure if us gals were suppose to respond to this post since it seems to be directed to the guys... but since it's on the "Advice on Love and Dating" section of the forums, I'd like to add my 2 cents, keeping it real...what's good for the goose, may not always be good for the gander,lol(smile)!!

My sister you've opt to be transparent in how you've presented yourself in your profile. Nothing wrong with that but in response to it, you would have had to prepare yourself for anything! I love the line in the movie with Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise(Officer and a Gentleman), when Nicholson say's to Tom, "you can't handle the truth"!!! It seems when it's all said and done, the truth you've shared about yourself will ultimately separate the tare from the wheat!! I've discovered along this journey in finding my life mate that I first had to desire The Lord to work on my readiness to be "the one", before I can find "the one", lol(smile)! That has taken great strides in me being honest and forthright in first finding out who I truly am...still on that ride, but it's been worth it!!!

Now as for my brother Marcouse...tonight seems to be your night that I twice must address you personally! You posted here that "45 year old divorcee's are not in demand in any sphere of life..." Now I want to believe my sister will respond to you in her own time, but I just want to say "young man", that you have a lot to learn about life, and women for that matter!! Being "any age" as a divorcee, will NEVER constitute a persons ineffectiveness in any society!! Your bias attitude, I hope and pray will be challenged and then convicted by The Holy Spirit...bringing to your mind, heart and spirit truth that reveals God's will! Be blessed.

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Dating advice from someone who is...
Posted : 21 Jul, 2016 08:55 PM

Yeah...now it makes sense why you're no longer here...whoa!!!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Profile Ratings
Posted : 21 Jul, 2016 08:43 PM

Ok brother Marcouse, in defense of our sister, I believe she was just asking for a honest rating of her profile based on it's substance, content and detail. Not so much on whether you would have viewed her as a potential mate(smile)!

Though I understand your take on women over 40 opting to want children or not...it's a challenging and difficult decision for all parties involved! Of course however all that said is in my humble opinion...

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Profile Ratings
Posted : 19 Jul, 2016 09:22 AM

Blessings my sister! First of all, your profile is well written and in my opinion, wisely thought through! You were transparent where needed, yet deliberate in what you're expecting from your life mate and what he can expect from you!

Now with that said, I'm also of the opinion that "online dating" is a venue we have adjusted to in society that has not only made many of us "complacent" in honestly seeking an intimate, personal, face-to-face relationship with someone but for some, has turned into somewhat a "tool" of "disposal" when things get a little complicated and dealing head on with issues that will surely arise along the journey, becoming too bothersome or difficult!! Most simply opt to become MIA(missing in action) by simply no longer responding to messages or blocking access to their profile!!

And we can be here forever discussing the whole "scam/span" plight but that will probably forever be a part of the process(smile)! Waiting on The Lord and His timing in this experience, imo, will always be the most difficult thing to do!! But He did still say to wait on Him and He would renew our strength!! Who is for you my sister, is for you. And who is not...well thank God He has a way of stepping in and removing what was not His best from the start. Stay encouraged and don't get weary! I've found out now more than ever that God really does know what He's doing, lol(smile)!!

Stay always well kept in Him...

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
marriage
Posted : 3 Jul, 2016 12:20 PM

...and to follow the lead of my sister's...it would certainly be attractive to the right women for you!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
bf qualities
Posted : 3 Jul, 2016 12:13 PM

For this women, first and foremost he would have to be a true man of God...serving, seeking and desiring His Will for his life! Being romantic, passionate and having a sense of humor,certainly wouldn't hurt either, lol(smile)!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Seeking 35-50+ woman/mom to ask some questions...
Posted : 21 Jun, 2016 05:29 PM

Well first my brother if we ALL are honest with ourselves, would have to admit that you are not alone with how the relentless effect physical, emotional and psychological stress temptation can and has caused saints in this earth!

So really no one here is in a position to judge you, but to do all that could be done to help encourage, edify and hopefully help correct you in your behavior, but also to pray and come in agreement with you for your deliverance! You are young and like us all who may be a little older, have still so much to learn(smile)!!

Now with all that said, let me share God's Word concerning this issue:

Matthew 5:28 (KJV)-- But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

If I'm not mistaken you spoke in your profile that you desire to remain chaste until marriage, but in your heart you've sinned and you simply now must repent, asking Christ for forgiveness and deliverance!!

And to help you further in your deliverance---Galatians 5:24-25(KJV)--And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Wait on the Lord my friend and He will renew your strength! Who God has for you, is for you and you alone! But you must do this thing His way if you desire His perfect will in bringing you together with your life mate!! Be blessed man of God.

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
dead-end conversation
Posted : 7 Jun, 2016 04:03 PM

Oh my brother...where do I begin? First don't take it personally...this happens to both genders! This topic has been so deliberated, but I want to simply say this...has anyone ever thought that to "view" someone's profile, doesn't necessarily mean there's a particular interest in actually sending a message to that person?

Something may have caught a persons eye while surfing...a look, a phrase, a similar interest etc.,but maybe not enough to send a note! Now when there are multiple views...just getting up enough nerve to send a message, could be the hold up(smile)! In essence what I'm saying is that there could be a host of reasons why after someone views a profile, they don't send a message! My solution has been to just send a note to those who've viewed my profile that I may have similar interests with and if there's a response...great! If not...well that means probably there was no real interest from the start! That's fine...moving on to God's next possibility(smile)!

Have patience my friend, God knows what He's doing! Be blessed.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10