Author Thread
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
I have a question about Biblical Morality!!!
Posted : 21 Aug, 2015 06:35 AM

Since posting that, I've had 2 sprint ads(phone), 1 amazon(retail), 1 zillow(real estate), 1 for paper towels, and 1 bath and body works(not sure why...). So basically, if you don't want dating ads you need to give google ad-sense some more options. Check the news, check the weather, buy something on amazon, etc.

:peace::peace:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Posted : 21 Aug, 2015 06:30 AM

That might be part of it. Since you only utilize 2 types of websites, then you're going to get a lot of indiscriminate dating site ads(bible sites don't advertise much). If you went to 100 different kinds of websites, and only 2 dating sites, then you'd probably hardly ever see a dating website ad. I have "ben carson for president", "devry university", and "robot revolution" ads right now because I frequent technology/science/political sites far more often than CDFF, which is the only dating site I ever go to now.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
pore over
Posted : 21 Aug, 2015 06:22 AM

That's been my experience, however, I'm not sure women are actually looking for "bad" or "good" in those cases. They're look for strength/confidence/leadership, and "bad guys" have false strength, assertiveness, and charisma because they're arrogant a-holes, where "good guys" have been emasculated by society and told that they have to be "agreeable" and "nicey-nice", and if they don't cave in to whatever a woman wants, then they're chauvinist pigs. However, it's possible to be strong and confident AND good, that is the mandate for any man following Christ. Know your purpose. Move forward in that purpose. Build your strength. Build your confidence. Here's the hardest part, do NOT let any of that cause you to become arrogant or aggressive.

:prayingm:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
What is a biblical marriage?
Posted : 21 Aug, 2015 06:10 AM

Exactly. I think it's pretty amazing how we as Christians/protestants still are tainted with the traditions of the catholic church. We have to have our marriages "authorized" by some kind of church/state alliance, officiated by a priest/pastor and legalized by the government, when the bible has no such requirements anywhere. I think it's healthy for a marriage commitment to be witnessed and endorsed by family/church/community, but I just chaff under the idea that it must be done a certain way or it doesn't count. And I'd also like to complain against the sexist wedding industry that tells a woman that if she doesn't have a royal white wedding, then her marriage is worthless and her husband doesn't love her, and she can complain and fester for the rest of their married life that she never got "her" day. Arrogant pagan virgin purity rituals. Sorry if you like weddings. Rant over.

1 Timothy 4

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
What is a biblical marriage?
Posted : 17 Aug, 2015 11:55 AM

Do you have to get married in a church by a priest/pastor with a marriage license to have a biblically valid marriage? What are the requirements for "being married" in the bible?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Posted : 17 Aug, 2015 11:46 AM

When I was single and searching several dating sites, google ads was sending me targeted advertisements for all kinds of dating sites. Now that I'm not actively searching any dating sites, most of my ads are for electronics or cars or clothing or politics. The way their ad system works is a lot like a google search. The more specific you are in the websites you visit, the more targeted the ads become.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Posted : 3 Aug, 2015 05:56 AM

Are we all guilty of promoting the LGBT lifestyle by paying taxes to a government that supports it? I don't think it's really constructive to ask these kinds of questions about this kind of indirect "support". I think the more important question is; are we promoting christian behavior on this site that teaches and encourages people not to follow the lifestyles of the world? Also, the ads are targeted. Because I don't visit many dating sites anymore, all my ads are for best buy, or dodge, etc. It's actually your personal browsing activity that has the most impact on the ads you're targeted with.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9713?hl=en

How ads are targeted to your site

Google automatically delivers ads that are targeted to your content or audience. We do this in several ways:

Placement targeting

With placement targeting, advertisers choose specific ad placements, or subsections of publisher websites, on which to run their ads. Ads that are placement-targeted may not be precisely related to the content of a page, but are hand-picked by advertisers who've determined a match between what your users are interested in and what they have to offer.

Interest-based advertising

Interest-based advertising enables advertisers to reach users based on their interests and demographics (e.g. 'sports enthusiasts'), and allows them to show ads based on a user's previous interactions with them, such as visits to advertiser websites. To complement interest-based advertising, Ads Settings lets users view and edit their interest categories.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Is Jesus God's son or is Jesus actually God?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2015 05:53 AM

John 8

53Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? 54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: 55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Exodus 3

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
The Gospel
Posted : 22 Jul, 2015 08:13 AM

Ok, so you're talking about someone who has already repented, who doesn't need to continue to repent because they have already changed their minds? I was under the impression you were saying we don't ever need to repent, and never refer to ourselves as sinners.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Necessary Evil and the Allegory of Good vs Evil
Posted : 21 Jul, 2015 09:34 AM

I agree with some of what you're saying. We're never allowed to use the excuse that "the devil made me do it". However, the bible very much talks about a real being called "Lucifer", the first sinner. He caused rebellion in heaven, he caused rebellion on the earth. Sin did not originate with humans, which is part of the reason why we can be saved from it. We were deceived, and we can be shown the truth. To say that Lucifer/the devil/satan doesn't exist would make Jesus a liar. I do think that humans have surpassed Lucifer in our sinfulness, but he does exist. To quote "The Usual Suspects": The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.:devil:

Don't believe it for a second.:prayingm:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10